Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Chance of a rare away win?

Bolton Win
23%
Town Win
69%
Draw
8%

Total votes: 13

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:29 am

The unity among the fans that adversity is bringing is quite remarkable, the away support is second to none, yesterday from 1pm in the pub we sang continuously, walking to the ground at 2.30 the same, in the concourse prior to kick off was defeaning and a party atmosphere and then throughout the game non stop, Lambert is no exaggerating when he says it's not normal.

Next season will indeed be a test and by no means a walk in the park for sure but the old cliche of the fans being the 12th man will never be as apt, we will be winning a lot more games and that in itself will spur the support on, as I keep saying I believe if we are doing well most fans will soon forget what Division we are actually in. Hopefully the home support will continue as it has the last few months since Paul Lambert's arrival and if they get ticketing pricing correct crowds will increase. Let the odd few wallow in their misery, we have to make the best of it, I loved everything about yesterday, including the footy !!!! ITID.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:41 am

^^^THIS^^^

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:55 am

Going slightly off topic for a moment.
Has anybody got any up to date news on when the season ticket prices for next season are likely to be announced?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:59 am

I believe it is when we are officially down but not certain.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:59 pm

Just a question really.

Having seen the extended highlights and listening to the commentator, did the ref give the own goal by on line technology, or was it the linesman?

I thought all grounds in the top two tiers at least have the goal line technology going straight to the ref yet this time seemed bit unsure.. No matter we won and good on the lads.

Great support all who went, you are a real credit to the club

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:18 pm

The goal was given by the Ref who pointed to his watch to acknowledge he had been informed by the technology that it was over the line.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:18 pm
The goal was given by the Ref who pointed to his watch to acknowledge he had been informed by the technology that it was over the line.
Did not know that it could be so instantaneous. Fair play.... it was a goal then and no messing about. I thought there was doubt in that decision and was surprised it was awarded so quickly. Good to know.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:19 pm

If only VAR was that quick...

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:28 pm

Trouble with VAR its still opinions.

whether Ref on the field of play or somebody watching on screen. Still only opinions. With goal line its matter of fact

Thanks Mike for clearing that goal up