Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mach_Polish_Blue

Re: Simon Jordan and his opinion of Evans

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:20 pm

BlueWilf, as Rossi has said his opinions seem to upset so many on this board. So do mine. Take this thread for example. Big outrage after what Jordan had said about Evans. Some are saying that: 'he knows fook all about the club'.

But there was a situation last season when that Wolves fan who posts on this forum really annoyed me, possibly Rossi too and some others. He tried to convinced us that our club 'was well run' under Evans. What happened afterwards? I verbally assaulted him for that tripe and he was DEFENDED by some. They were pleased to hear from him what they wanted to. He knows fook all about our club (as Simon Jordan) but somehow he was fine for a few people. Jordan despite lack of knowledge isn't fine. Strange eh?

Obviously 'moaning' about our position isn't actually going to change anything. But exactly the same applies to any kind of 'positivity'. Take one of your posts for example. I have every right to be angry and you aren't the person to give me advices what to do on Saturday afternoons. If you're happy and positive that is your choice by spare me your advices.

People ought to respect each other's opinions but this isn't the case. Rossi has had enough and is sick of it as a few words from him about the club annoy some members of this forum. Hope he changes his mind and stays on.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:27 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:19 pm
As this horrible season draws to a close I completely fail to understand how joyous some on here appear to be at the thought of Div 1 football next season. Yes, we all support ITFC, but the way some almost seem to welcome relegation is beyond me. Whichever way you look at it dropping down into a lower division will be an unmitigated disaster and the myth that reliance on youth will have us springing straight back up is I think very wishful thinking indeed. It's going to be a lot more difficult than some people kid themselves and I think we will be lucky to finish mid-table.

The only person responsible for the demise of this club is Marcus Evans, clear & simple. Forget all rubbish about him rescuing the club from Administration, that was years ago. Since he bought the club his ineptitude (whatever the cause) alone has taken us to where we are now going. I have no idea or interest where he gets his advice, or if he even heeds it. I suspect the latter given the position we are in. The man is a complete joke & I am in no doubt that Paul Lambert will become as frustrated with him as I think McCarthy was, although he wouldn't admit it, and move on sooner rather than later.

Under the current owner this Club is a joke and it is going to be a long time before things improve. It's time for some to wake up and see how grave the situation really is.
Hear hear !!!!

Evans is going to give us yet another pre-recorded 'interview' this summer where he'll say what some want to hear and everything will be groovy !!!

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:39 pm

OK - so here we go again! I did not tell you what to do on a saturday, Mach. That is of course your decision. I said that if I felt as you appear to, I would not put myself through it! So now Barmy has stated his position re Evans et al and indeed it is a valid view. You seem to be in wholehearted agreement with it - fine. But please tell me what this apparent foot stamping and annoyance has achieved? Has it made anyone feel better? Changed the direction of the Club? Made ME more likely to leave? No. If there is such animosity towards Evans and all things related to the current regime, I ask again, what do you want the rest of us on the forum to DO? Have you arranged a protest? Written a stern letter to the Club we all need to sign? Taken a personal stand and decided never to give Town any more money until ME goes? All of these are valid courses of action. To then come on here and say that you can only have opinions that match certain people (whoever they are?), is a nonsense! If you want us to take action, say what that action is to be and we can support it or not. For people to say that they are fed up with peoples positive attitude is perfectly valid but again, I can equally say that I feel the same about those who choose to constantly snipe and be negative - so none of us win. If there is action that we can take, lets talk about what that may look like and we can all debate it. Maybe we will all agree and start something off? Just a thought...

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:54 pm

It's understandable that the situation in which we find ourselves has given rise to heightened emotions.

Glass half full people will try and see past the disaster of this season and hope that PL can turn the ship around next season. It doesn't mean they are not hurting about where we are. We are all fans and are all hurting.

Other people are angry at how far we have fallen and that dominates every other emotion just now.

I don't have the energy to be angry. I'm upset that we are going down and my dominant emotion is sadness.

All I would urge is that we refrain from attacking each other simply because our reactions to where the club finds itself are different. We are all fans. We all love our club. This modern tendency to attack others with different opinions adds nothing to the debate. With one exception, I respect everybody on this forum. As I said, we are all fans. Let's act like it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Good to see you back Billy, just one thing though, I'm pretty certain nobody is joyous at the thought of League One football, what I am joyous at is that at last I can go to games at Portman road again and witness a togetherness among the fans again, fans who are getting behind their team again in dreadful circumstances, that to me displays a strength within the club, with all the toxicity that we had under the latter months of McCarthy's reign and then Hurst's that showed an overwhelming weakness within the club, the turnaround is down solely to Paul Lambert, now we can either go with it into next season and put our trust in it or we can do what we as Town fans often love to do and turn against it and self destruct, I hope it's the former, make no mistake about it we need to start well next season, I accept that but I am also very conscious of the fact that it won't be a walk in the park, I don't know where some are getting this notion that others feel it will be. Its a new adventure that we have no choice but to accept, embrace and get behind, as Wilf says getting down about everything isn't going to solve anything and definitely helps nobody, we must be united, it's the only way. Keep posting fella.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Quick query, isn't there anyone within the club structure who has the power to remove Evans from position ? By that, a higher authority.

Worst case scenario, the name in question remains in place for as long as it sees fit and the club continues to deteriorate along with it. People say without the owner the club may have ceased to exist or gone a similar route as Bolton but the plain simple truth of it is the whole time the club name has stagnated to considerable extent during it's ownership. Hell I'd be willing to take that chance tomorrow and risk any eventualities rather than the sorry as* stay where it is. All hypothetical of course but many have truly had enough.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:32 pm

Afraid not SJ, he owns it lock stock and Two smokin barrels

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:13 pm

Holy sh*t. That Simon Jordan b*stard has caused some divisions on this forum past few days.

And Rossi, come on, man.....,, it’s all about the Yin and the Yang......, the positive and the negative.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:52 pm

I think Simon Jordan should “Go and do one!”...I think.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:03 am

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:20 pm
BlueWilf, as Rossi has said his opinions seem to upset so many on this board. So do mine. Take this thread for example. Big outrage after what Jordan had said about Evans. Some are saying that: 'he knows fook all about the club'.

But there was a situation last season when that Wolves fan who posts on this forum really annoyed me, possibly Rossi too and some others. He tried to convinced us that our club 'was well run' under Evans. What happened afterwards? I verbally assaulted him for that tripe and he was DEFENDED by some. They were pleased to hear from him what they wanted to. He knows fook all about our club (as Simon Jordan) but somehow he was fine for a few people. Jordan despite lack of knowledge isn't fine. Strange eh?

Obviously 'moaning' about our position isn't actually going to change anything. But exactly the same applies to any kind of 'positivity'. Take one of your posts for example. I have every right to be angry and you aren't the person to give me advices what to do on Saturday afternoons. If you're happy and positive that is your choice by spare me your advices.

People ought to respect each other's opinions but this isn't the case. Rossi has had enough and is sick of it as a few words from him about the club annoy some members of this forum. Hope he changes his mind and stays on.
Mach, Rossi is entitled to his opinion . That’s not the issue. But what is the issue is his condiscending comments / attitude towards other posters on this forum. He takes pleasure in “ attacking “ certain individuals , of which I am one , on here . He has a long “ history” of this as a search of much older posts will prove . He himself even said to me personally when we met that “he couldn’t believe how horrible he was to me on this forum”..... for some reason he has take a personal dislike to me and is once again attacking me personally on this forum.

Some people on here , Massey, Blue Wilf etc have posted some very good sound posts regarding Towns current fortunes which I whole heartedly agree with. But they haven’t been agrressive or attack others views, but more, taken on board others views and actually seen beyond typed opinions acknowledging that we ALL hate the thought of being relegated but just want to get behind thus Club, current manager and players ad try and build a better match day experience . Just because we don’t moan and lambast the owner , doesn’t mean we don’t want a change in those quarters. Some fans are glass half empty , some are half full . Being the latter does not mean “ Blue tinted “ glasses are worn. We are all intelegent people. Please give us that respect . But if disrespect is afforded then I for one will reciprocate .

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:28 am

Blue Wilf wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:39 pm
OK - so here we go again! I did not tell you what to do on a saturday, Mach. That is of course your decision. I said that if I felt as you appear to, I would not put myself through it! So now Barmy has stated his position re Evans et al and indeed it is a valid view. You seem to be in wholehearted agreement with it - fine. But please tell me what this apparent foot stamping and annoyance has achieved? Has it made anyone feel better? Changed the direction of the Club? Made ME more likely to leave? No. If there is such animosity towards Evans and all things related to the current regime, I ask again, what do you want the rest of us on the forum to DO? Have you arranged a protest? Written a stern letter to the Club we all need to sign? Taken a personal stand and decided never to give Town any more money until ME goes? All of these are valid courses of action. To then come on here and say that you can only have opinions that match certain people (whoever they are?), is a nonsense! If you want us to take action, say what that action is to be and we can support it or not. For people to say that they are fed up with peoples positive attitude is perfectly valid but again, I can equally say that I feel the same about those who choose to constantly snipe and be negative - so none of us win. If there is action that we can take, lets talk about what that may look like and we can all debate it. Maybe we will all agree and start something off? Just a thought...
Absolutely SPOT ON !!!

It’s fine to be annoyed , pissed off, down , angry, belligerent about ITFC’s position ( I’ve been and still AM all of those things). I’ve posted many times in here and FB “ Evans Out”. But I’m the end all it does is make me miserable , low in mood and not wanting to support the Club. So who does it hurt most having these negative feelings ? Answer: ME!!!! Had it changed who owns this Club? NO!

Your question to Mach ( and anyone else ) “ what do they want us to DO”, is valid. Demonstrating , chanting abuse from the stands toward Evans only gets you to temporarily off load print up frustration . But this negative energy eventually said your own energy and feel good well being. It eventually drags you down into s self fulfilling negative void and ultimately depressed state of mind.

Now compare that approach to that of the Blue Action! Their decision to sing and raise the roof at games , being more vocal and visual has had a PROFOUND effect on the feel good factor at Portman Road. This positive approach is just a totally dicotimised one butbwhich has the effect of being INCLUSIVE. It’s growing. Why? Because fans feel good about what they are achieving . The players are appreciating that and have been playing well by and large. Yes we still are being relegated because the squad isn’t good enough. But they are trying.

There is a profoundly different feel and experience to going to Portman Road this season ( since Lambert took over), and away days are brilliant . The word is FUN! God forbid Town fans should enjoy the experience of watching their team. ( the results are a different issue and one for Lambert to resolve). Those of us that choose to adopt the latter approach are accused of being “ Blue tinted” ... each to their own. But I know a fair few fans that have returned to PR because of this positive approach.

Has this positive approach made Evans out on more money ? No. Had it made him sell the Vlub ? No . Had it made this poor squad start winning thus season? No. Does it make going to games more fun , enjoyable ? Yes. Does it make Town fans feel “ included” in their Club again ? Yes.

Which approach do people prefer ? That’s up to them. But I know who I prefer to be around and what affect it will have in my mental health and match day experience.

We are ALL Town fans. Maybe a little more tolerance is required on all individuals part. I will try for my part. But be abusive to me personally and I’ll give it back .

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Having been busy most of the week I thought I’d catch up with this Simon (tw*t) Jordon thread to see what I could make of it all and syphon through all the sh*t and emotion he appears to have stirred up.

Of all the posts I’ve read I guess the one I’m most aligned to is Barmy Billy’s. I’ve been saying for years that this club will be going nowhere other than in decline until Marcus Evans is gone. When posters were calling for McCarthys head last year I said we’d be better driving Evans out first as there was no point changing the manager until we had a new owner. I despise the man with a passion and hate what he’s done to our club, he and he only holds the blame for all that’s gone wrong and I trust him not one iota to get us out of the mess we’re in.

When he first purchased the club he thought it was simply a case of appointing a big name Manager (Roy Keane). throw in a bit of money and success would follow immediately. When it didn’t happen as quickly as he expected he lost interest, withdrew his big spending, lucky for him he found MM who was happy to oversee the running the club on a shoestring as long as he was handsomely rewarded and we are where we are simply because his football was sh*te and the fans drove out the Manager instead of the owner.

After 60 years following Town I’m so sad to see what’s happening to our football club and like a few others as hard as I try I cannot join the blindly optimistic brigade as I feel nothing but pain and can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel whilst Marcus Evans stays in control.

Unfortunately ME isn’t like David Sheepshanks who loved Ipswich Town FC and worked tirelessly to find a new owner when he ran out of funds to keep it going. I can’t see ME doing the same thing whilst it suits him to have the football club as a minor part of his business portfolio although I suspect when the timing suits him he will dispose of it and in the meantime let it wither on the vine.

For me it has to be “Evans Out” and nothing less, in my opinion he’s simply not suited to football club ownership.

As for “Blue Action” ....it feels to me like this is simply some fans way of dealing with their grief and getting through to the end of the season in a way which is far more enjoyable than booing. Maybe it helps the players too although of course they are still getting paid handsomely for their shoddy work. However in true fan form I don’t expect the noise levels to last too long as they will eventually get despondent and fizzle out.

Hopefully us Tractor Boys & Girls won’t fall out over differing opinions as there are few enough of us already, let’s hope we can each understand one another’s frustrations and forgive any overspills of emotion caused by the demise of our football club which will desperately need our support next season.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:52 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:03 am
We are all intelegent people......
Hey, come on now, steady on there. Cork that bottle and don't go near it until at least 9pm.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 am

Ha ha ha , shut ya face marko. Think I might to get off my face a little today ( with Mike) .... it’s going to be an emotional , but very noisey Portman Road today .

“ EVERY SATURDAY WE FOLLOW........”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:38 am

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:50 pm
Having been busy most of the week I thought I’d catch up with this Simon (tw*t) Jordon thread to see what I could make of it all and syphon through all the sh*t and emotion he appears to have stirred up.

Of all the posts I’ve read I guess the one I’m most aligned to is Barmy Billy’s. I’ve been saying for years that this club will be going nowhere other than in decline until Marcus Evans is gone. When posters were calling for McCarthys head last year I said we’d be better driving Evans out first as there was no point changing the manager until we had a new owner. I despise the man with a passion and hate what he’s done to our club, he and he only holds the blame for all that’s gone wrong and I trust him not one iota to get us out of the mess we’re in.

When he first purchased the club he thought it was simply a case of appointing a big name Manager (Roy Keane). throw in a bit of money and success would follow immediately. When it didn’t happen as quickly as he expected he lost interest, withdrew his big spending, lucky for him he found MM who was happy to oversee the running the club on a shoestring as long as he was handsomely rewarded and we are where we are simply because his football was sh*te and the fans drove out the Manager instead of the owner.

After 60 years following Town I’m so sad to see what’s happening to our football club and like a few others as hard as I try I cannot join the blindly optimistic brigade as I feel nothing but pain and can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel whilst Marcus Evans stays in control.

Unfortunately ME isn’t like David Sheepshanks who loved Ipswich Town FC and worked tirelessly to find a new owner when he ran out of funds to keep it going. I can’t see ME doing the same thing whilst it suits him to have the football club as a minor part of his business portfolio although I suspect when the timing suits him he will dispose of it and in the meantime let it wither on the vine.

For me it has to be “Evans Out” and nothing less, in my opinion he’s simply not suited to football club ownership.

As for “Blue Action” ....it feels to me like this is simply some fans way of dealing with their grief and getting through to the end of the season in a way which is far more enjoyable than booing. Maybe it helps the players too although of course they are still getting paid handsomely for their shoddy work. However in true fan form I don’t expect the noise levels to last too long as they will eventually get despondent and fizzle out.

Hopefully us Tractor Boys & Girls won’t fall out over differing opinions as there are few enough of us already, let’s hope we can each understand one another’s frustrations and forgive any overspills of emotion caused by the demise of our football club which will desperately need our support next season.
Good post Andy, agree with some although I don't think it is easy to drive someone out who owns 100% of it, in an ideal world yes but it's never gonna happen until he wants out unfortunately.

For me the Blue Action thing is exactly what us fans should be doing week in week out irrespective of where we are and how we are doing, I think you may be surprised at the level of support in League One next season, some will fall by the wayside for sure but by and large the feel on the terraces is light years away from McCarthys time here, certainly towards the latter stages anyway. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:57 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:03 am
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Mach, Rossi is entitled to his opinion . That’s not the issue. But what is the issue is his condiscending comments / attitude towards other posters on this forum. He takes pleasure in “ attacking “ certain individuals , of which I am one , on here . He has a long “ history” of this as a search of much older posts will prove . He himself even said to me personally when we met that “he couldn’t believe how horrible he was to me on this forum”..... for some reason he has take a personal dislike to me and is once again attacking me personally on this forum.

Some people on here , Massey, Blue Wilf etc have posted some very good sound posts regarding Towns current fortunes which I whole heartedly agree with. But they haven’t been agrressive or attack others views, but more, taken on board others views and actually seen beyond typed opinions acknowledging that we ALL hate the thought of being relegated but just want to get behind thus Club, current manager and players ad try and build a better match day experience . Just because we don’t moan and lambast the owner , doesn’t mean we don’t want a change in those quarters. Some fans are glass half empty , some are half full . Being the latter does not mean “ Blue tinted “ glasses are worn. We are all intelegent people. Please give us that respect . But if disrespect is afforded then I for one will reciprocate .
errrmmm - it was you who started this off, not me. Was it not you who said on this thread
'What kind of "fan" bets against his own team to get relegated? You ought to be f****ing ashamed of yourself'
And then you have the temerity to accuse me of attacking you in response to what YOU started.
Sorry, you're just a sanctimonious bigot.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Takes one to know one as they say Rossi. Thought you weren’t going to post anymore . :lol:

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Wow what a thread this one is. I guess it's not a surprise that I come down on Mach and Rossis side. Charnwood summed it up perfectly in his piece above^^^. I have been against Evans for years, but am fully aware that he is needed, saved our club and pumps money in to this day.
I've always believed that he never really had his heart in the club and used us for tax purposes. Regardless of how he uses what is essentially his company, I've always thought that Evans was happy with the the clubs stagnation, under Mick treading water winning a couple and loosing a couple. When Mick began to loose the fans then and only then hes job became untenable. Evans would have done nothing and only sat on his hands. Evans is happy to maintain the status quo.
I can't imagine any of of being glad we are going down, and I hope and pray I'm well off the mark with my fear for next season, I told you so is nothing anybody likes saying.

Lambert for me is very average and though he inherited this team the results he has achieved are beyond woeful. This is not the time to fight amongst each other, we all want the best for our club.
Bluearmy.⚽

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi PBB: what makes you think others on here ( me included) don’t like Evans? Just because we’re not moaning about him on every thread
( I’ve done all that as have many others), but we are stuck with him for now. So either have to accept it and get in with it or stop going to games ( many have).

Yes McCarthys time had come, and results under Lambert since he came in Nov aren’t good, but I think if you asked most Town fans what they prefer watching , it would be Lamberts style if football and inclusive approach , as opposed to McCarthys dour brand of football , which in the led to a toxic atmosphere at PR.

We are going down , and in many ways I just want it over and done with so Lambert can get on with rebuilding this Club. We have to give him s chance with HIS team , and not just one season either. However, having spoken to a few fans , I think it’s fair to say Lamberts team must hug the ground running next to prevent a return to the toxic days of McCarthys reign .

COYBs

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:38 am
Charnwood wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Good post Andy, agree with some although I don't think it is easy to drive someone out who owns 100% of it, in an ideal world yes but it's never gonna happen until he wants out unfortunately.

For me the Blue Action thing is exactly what us fans should be doing week in week out irrespective of where we are and how we are doing, I think you may be surprised at the level of support in League One next season, some will fall by the wayside for sure but by and large the feel on the terraces is light years away from McCarthys time here, certainly towards the latter stages anyway. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

I accept it’s never easy to drive any owner out Mike especially an invisible one, my point is simply that I’d have preferred the fans to have picked on Evans before McCarthy, whether it could have been successful or not we will never know but I still think we’re going nowhere till it happens.