NOW FOR PROMOTION

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Ando

Re: Relegation

Post by Ando » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:04 pm

Jeff stellng raging on about MM on sky as the game ended, he should know better with what's happened at his club. It's nothing to do with MM who would not have kept this team up.

Seemed the lads gave it a real go second half, players have given their all but just not good enough in the end.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:33 pm

:cry:

Sad but coming for an age.

Play with passion for the remaining games and then see what next season brings with a fresh heart and renewed optimism.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:02 pm

Not ashamed to admit I shed a tear as I walked home.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Well that’s the boil finally landed. Now we begin the restricting of the Club and rebuilding of the team properly, in readiness or next seasons promotion push .

The support once again from the fans was unbelievable and you could see the players and Paul Lambert were visably moves by it.

Together we must stay, and push on from here.

Many won’t agree with me, but this has been coming for years now and maybe it’s what we’ve needed to happen to give the Club ( and Evans) the massive shake up its needing. Too many managers papering over the cracks. Taking easy money but never BUILDING anything at this Club.

No more loanees
Use OUR developing youngsters bolstered by a few seniors amongst them.
Play attractive football where possible
Get promoted .

It won’t be easy, but we have as much chance as any other club in League One

Any one betting on promotion?

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:11 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:10 pm
Well that’s the boil finally landed. Now we begin the restricting of the Club and rebuilding of the team properly, in readiness or next seasons promotion push .

The support once again from the fans was unbelievable and you could see the players and Paul Lambert were visably moves by it.

Together we must stay, and push on from here.

Many won’t agree with me, but this has been coming for years now and maybe it’s what we’ve needed to happen to give the Club ( and Evans) the massive shake up its needing. Too many managers papering over the cracks. Taking easy money but never BUILDING anything at this Club.

No more loanees
Use OUR developing youngsters bolstered by a few seniors amongst them.
Play attractive football where possible
Get promoted .

It won’t be easy, but we have as much chance as any other club in League One

Any one betting on promotion?
I've seen The Eagle Has Landed, but I don't recall The Boil Has Been Landed. Was it a sequel? :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:12 pm

Ha ha blooming predicted text !!!!

Should have been the “ boil has been lanced”

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:54 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:12 pm

What’s the difference between Rossi and Hallam? Rossi predicts relegation and Hallam predicts text.

I thought for a moment Susan Boyle had flown in for the Awards evening dinner to present Chambo his award.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:00 am

https://twitter.com/i/status/1117130491520540673 Now that is proper support amazing.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:02 am

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:25 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:02 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47908304 Nice read.
Good to see a more balanced and realistic oversight from the national media - rather than the typical McCarthy-centric BCWYWF slap down you get from most articles.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:50 pm

No relegation talk now. Only PROMOTION :D

hallamblue

Re: Relegation. Now for Promotion

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Good man ! I’m with you on that one .

Blue Arrrmy !!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:10 pm

The Blue Spook has bought some more f**king iffy Mushrooms !!!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:16 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:54 am
hallamblue wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:12 pm

What’s the difference between Rossi and Hallam? Rossi predicts relegation and Hallam predicts text.

I thought for a moment Susan Boyle had flown in for the Awards evening dinner to present Chambo his award.
Lol ..... asked for that one didn’t I !!! :lol: :lol:

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:28 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:10 pm
The Blue Spook has bought some more f**king iffy Mushrooms !!!!
I will send you some Mike. :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:59 am

I wouldn’t bother , he grows his own ! :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Just been informed by a colleague, and fellow viewer of Tractor Boys dotcom......,
Quote:

“Hey Marko69, Ipswich Town FC relegated to League One on April 13th, 2019, exactly ten years to the day you joined the forum you jinx b*stard! April 13th, 2009.”
End quote.

Fuuuuk. Even more proof that it’s all Roy Keane fault. It all just got worse, and worse to the absolute worst!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Yer marko , that’s a good enough reason for Frosty to ban you !

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:27 pm

Its realistic and pretty much the same every season, those that go down are fancied to come back.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:58 pm

Hang on a minute... at the moment we and Lincoln are the only teams confirmed as relegated/promoted to League 1. There’s so many other teams who could be promoted out of League 1 or relegated from the Championship. Surely that’s a big factor with the odds. The bookies are pretty smart and probably see the current relegation “ feel good” from Town fans as a way to start some kind of momentum with betting.

Come the end of season I can’t see us being favourites... especially if Sunderland don’t go up. The bookies tend to know what they’re doing, but seems a bit premature.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:40 pm

Praying it’s not a “Sunderland 4 Coventry 5” type League One season.

Sunderland aside if they don’t go up....., I’d expect Ipswich to be favourites to win the league outright pre day one. Could be candidates for relegation come 4:50pm depending on what Lambert dishes up.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:00 pm

Oddly the 2 times we played Sunderland in their relegation season we killed them.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:16 pm

I think Town really need to play down their chances of how they think they will do next season or how they feel they will be perceived by others in League One. It could be seen as arrogant ( Chambers comments in Star today) , plus it just adds unnecessary pressure on what will be a young side I think.

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:34 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:16 pm
I think Town really need to play down their chances of how they think they will do next season or how they feel they will be perceived by others in League One. It could be seen as arrogant ( Chambers comments in Star today) , plus it just adds unnecessary pressure on what will be a young side I think.
I agree completely. I'm hoping we finish in the top half next season but would be very surprised if we get near the playoffs. The squad will be trimmed, I don't envisage too many new additions and we are likely to have a young side who will make mistakes as they develop.
We know we gave had a problem creating and scoring goals and we ship goals far too easily. That won't change too much with the current personnel although weaker opposition will hopefully make it a bit easier to pick up wins.
If we are relying on Chambers, Skuse and Judge to bring the youngsters on, I think there are pitfalls. Skuse hasn't looked good since injury and is also struggling to stay fit. He isn't a leader or organiser on the pitch. Judge on the other hand shows how to do it - gets around the midfield, drives forward and demands the ball. Chambers is a leader but his lack of pace will only get worse as he ages.
I still think we will do ok. But I really don't see us as promotion contenders and fear that the current feel good factor will soon turn sour if we don't sit at or near the top of the table as many fans seem to be expecting instant success. 60% of those responding to an EADT poll think we will finish in the top 2 and a further 27% think we will make the playoffs. .

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:34 pm

If you want a reality check, go back and read the articles when Hurst was appointed manager. There was infectious optimism and we all know how that turned out. I think we need to start the season brightly. I’ve given Lambert a pass for this season, but I fully expect him to have the young guns firing. If not and we struggle, I’m afraid that may tip the balance in the wrong direction. I don’t want to think about that, and I do think we should be capable of at least making the playoffs. So, fingers crossed Lambert gets it right!

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:36 am

To do any good in League 1, i honestly believe we need to play 2 up front.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:22 am

number 9 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:34 pm
If you want a reality check, go back and read the articles when Hurst was appointed manager. There was infectious optimism and we all know how that turned out. I think we need to start the season brightly. I’ve given Lambert a pass for this season, but I fully expect him to have the young guns firing. If not and we struggle, I’m afraid that may tip the balance in the wrong direction. I don’t want to think about that, and I do think we should be capable of at least making the playoffs. So, fingers crossed Lambert gets it right!
👍 to all of this.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:03 am

marko69 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:22 am
number 9 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:34 pm
👍 to all of this.
Not from all of us there wasn't, Myself, Charnwood and Rossi were totally against the Hurst appointment and i 'm sure there were others.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:23 am

Andym wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:34 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:16 pm
I agree completely. I'm hoping we finish in the top half next season but would be very surprised if we get near the playoffs. The squad will be trimmed, I don't envisage too many new additions and we are likely to have a young side who will make mistakes as they develop.
We know we gave had a problem creating and scoring goals and we ship goals far too easily. That won't change too much with the current personnel although weaker opposition will hopefully make it a bit easier to pick up wins.
If we are relying on Chambers, Skuse and Judge to bring the youngsters on, I think there are pitfalls. Skuse hasn't looked good since injury and is also struggling to stay fit. He isn't a leader or organiser on the pitch. Judge on the other hand shows how to do it - gets around the midfield, drives forward and demands the ball. Chambers is a leader but his lack of pace will only get worse as he ages.
I still think we will do ok. But I really don't see us as promotion contenders and fear that the current feel good factor will soon turn sour if we don't sit at or near the top of the table as many fans seem to be expecting instant success. 60% of those responding to an EADT poll think we will finish in the top 2 and a further 27% think we will make the playoffs. .
I also think we need to add more experience than Judge, Chambers and Skuse.
Skuse worries me the most as he’s started to pick up injuries and if he’s going to be our defensive midfielder, I don’t think he’s strong enough. Very good at tidying up and intercepting, but doesn’t win enough 50/50 challenges and doesn’t put us on the front foot. Just looking at that first half against Birmingham, our midfield got bullied. Dozzell was our weakest midfielder, and if our inexperienced midfielders are going to flourish we’re going to need some steel in there to help them not get bullied. Really like Judge’s attitude to always want that ball and to try and make something happen... but I think he’ll need more help from an experienced head.