Ipswich Town vs Birmingham City Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Playing for Pride?

Ipswich Win
64%
Birmingham Win
18%
Draw
18%

Total votes: 11

AzzurroMark

Re: Ipswich Town vs Birmingham City Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:18 pm
charlton837 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:14 pm
Having been resigned to relegation for a long time now and actually looking forward to next season I wasn’t ready to feel as deflated as I did at full time. When I saw the players fall to the floor and some of the Birmingham players trying to lift them up to console them I had a real sad moment. No tears but once the fans got going I’ve never felt so proud to be an Ipswich fan, I had a lump in my throat and thought to myself this is what it is about. We have to support this club in its worst period to one day enjoy some good times again. The real work starts now and we have to learn from this, irs been a result of many seasons of turning a blind eye to some fairly obvious errors and isolation of the support base. Time to stop the blame game and start afresh all round.
Never a truer word said.
Having just watched the Twitter clip, i was just thinking along the same lines as Charlton! What an amazing set of supporters we truly have! While we all have different views on the mistakes that have been made along with who is/was culpable, this togetherness must be built on. Positivity gives us a better chance of getting back on the right track.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Exactly right Mark, we all know mistakes have been made and we all have our ideas on who by and why but bleating on about it forever and a day solves nothing and in fact only makes it worse, as Paul Lambert said yesterday, a key to any chance of recovery is a unity and a staying together by everyone, then we have a chance, if divides are allowed to grow then we could be doomed, I find it odd that those who complain most about the current plight are the self same ones who try to make those divides exist, unfortunately we will always have those who take to social media etc and do nothing but stir it up even though they never get off their arses to actually support their club, of course some are not fortunate enough to be able to do so but there are those who have the loudest voices and opinions who could go and support but of course choose not to and never will no matter what, it was a desperate day yesterday but those real fans that you see in the clips make me so proud.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Watching the said clip at the end of the game really brought home the feeling the fans have their club back. You guys who have been week in week out are a real credit to the club and us supporters who can't get to every game.

The club must unite and look forward to next season, we will play our own with a mix of experience and give it a real go. I for one would rather be as we are now than have hoof ball and watching other teams players in a blue shirt. Success is always built in the face of adversity and I believe the club will follow this path. Will it be easy? of coarse not, but let's stand united and give it a go!

My wife had just asked when can we go to Footie again, coz she really enjoyed the Reading game. Therefore we have got tickets for Swansea and will travel on the train and have a few beers and ENJOY the day.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Ando, why not meet up with BlueMike and myself for that drink before the game? It would be good to put a face to the name. I’m sure Mike would be up for that?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:30 pm

Always up for meeting people off here

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:48 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:54 pm
Ando, why not meet up with BlueMike and myself for that drink before the game? It would be good to put a face to the name. I’m sure Mike would be up for that?
Thanks for the offer that would be great!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:53 pm

Ok I’ll contact Mike and then come back to you. It would great to meet another TB contributor. :D