MARKO ....... You never even mentioned this last week LOL

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: MARKO ....... You never even mentioned this last week LOL

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:22 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 pm
Marko, aside from avoiding a Championship side in the PO Semi Final and getting away advantage first is there any other benefits of finishing second ?
No. Make the same mistake every feckin season. The LG1 & Championship play off system is different from the SPL. I much prefer the SPL system. Makes it fairer for the 4th position club.

If it was this system, it'd probably be Montrose v Raith, winner v Forfar, and then winner v Partick or Falkirk, maybe Alloa. But I suppose those Loons wouldn't be too keen on Alloa again! 😳

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:37 am

We'd have won that game but for f**king Chopra!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:19 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p076qq ... 4Qkr6zocm0

Hopefully this policing nightmare doesn’t happen with Forfar and the radge hedge bastards! 😂

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:50 pm

That's funny, he reminds me of Claude Littner from the Apprentice. As for the hedge cutting fuckwits, that grubby little shitfest of a club doesn't need policing as no b*stard wants to set foot in a maze to watch football, 2 relegations in a row me thinks, come on Stenny !!! Down to league two you go Brechin and take that phallic symbol of a cathedral with ya. Tossers.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 pm

I drive through Brechin maybe once every two years as my brother lives up near the area. Now all I’m going to see are large d*cks for cathedrals! Cheers!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:25 pm

:lol: :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 04, 2019 9:17 am

The kudos of finishing second in League One is all the incentive Forfar need against East Fife this afternoon, according to their manager Jim Weir.

Some would say that playing Raith Rovers at home in the second leg of their semi-final play-off will be motivation but Weir doesn’t have a strong opinion on that.

He wants to win today for more basic reasons – staying one point in front of them.

“We’re desperate to finish second,” said the Station Park boss.

“It’s important for the club financially and for the players.

“To finish above a full-time team like Raith would be a great achievement. So too would be going from third bottom last season to second top this year.

“The players have shown great form in 2019 – I think we’re top of the form table for the calendar year and something like 10 points better off than Arbroath.

“Winning on Saturday would represent a big achievement.”

A couple of months ago this match was shaping up to be a play-off decider but East Fife’s form hasn’t been anything like as good as Forfar’s of late.

Weir added: “It’s a credit to the players that the job was done before we played Montrose and East Fife.

“It’s been difficult for East Fife recently but they’ll be determined to finish on a high and to be fifth, which would be an improvement on their last season.”

Weir will put out his strongest available team but Thomas Reilly and Cedwyn Scott are doubts and no risks will be taken.
Wow Marko, that is impressive, I didn't even realise that, C'mon the Loons !!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:48 pm

Couple of financially HUGE games coming up for the Loons. Really hoping they dispose of Raith. A Loons v Doonhamers final would be sweet, (really can’t see Montrose beating QOS over two games, especially if Dobbie plays.)

Long story short...... speaking with a guy I’ve known for years the other day,...., his home town team are Stenhousemuir (The Warriors) ...., “Gonnae be great next weekend Marko. Top o the shed, few cans, watch the second leg o the Annan play off!” 😂
He can see the entire Ochilview pitch from the top of his garden shed! 😂. Hope it’s not pissing down in Stenny next weekend for Max! ‘Mon the Warriors!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 05, 2019 11:01 pm

Great story and this is why I love lower league scottish football!! As you say 2 massive games against Raith coming up, we've took 7/12 against them this season but they are a tough side, if we can keep it tight Tuesday at starks we have a chance as they haven't been able to live with us at our place. Both legs of the final on Alba TV too!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 08, 2019 7:34 am

2-1 down from the away leg is no disaster , disappointing in as much as we dominated according to reports, all to play for Saturday at fortress Station Park!!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:40 am

Everyone and their dug in Forfar will be packed into Station Park come Saturday along with a quarter of Kirkcaldy! Massive game. ‘Mon the Loons. 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 11, 2019 5:09 pm

Gutted, should have won the 1st leg and Red card today on 58 mins the killer blow. Massively over achieved this season so proud of them, wasn't meant to be.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:11 pm

Yes, very unfortunate today.

Knew Montrose would travel the 180 miles today for the Dobbie Show and that was over by HT. Think Raith will now suffer the same treatment.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 18, 2019 1:01 pm

Forfar’s John Baird has branded Raith’s Ross Matthews an “absolute disgrace” for comments he allegedly made during Saturday’s ill-tempered Championship play-off semi-final at Station Park.

The Loons player/assistant manager would not reveal exactly what was said or who the digs were aimed at but the 33-year-old striker insisted it was the first time in his long career that he had heard anything as bad on the pitch.

Former Raith hero Baird, who memorably scored the winning goal against Rangers to clinch the Ramsdens Cup for the Kirkcaldy club in 2014, had netted in the first leg on Tuesday night at Stark’s Park in a tie that had ended 2-1 in the home side’s favour.

He repeated the feat in the 55th minute of Saturday’s contest in Angus with a header at a corner helped in with a deflection to draw Forfar level on aggregate.
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

However, Rovers hit back just four minutes later with Kevin Nisbet scoring from the penalty spot after home skipper Michael Travis had pulled down sub Nathan Flanagan as he prepared to pull the trigger with the defender red carded for the offence.

There were also eight yellow cards dished out by referee Euan Anderson including ones to Baird and Matthews as tempers threatened to boil over on both sides.

Once the dust had settled, Raith had edged through to the final, winning 3-2 over the two legs and will now face Queen of the South but when Matthews came out to speak to the press, there was little indication of what would soon follow from his opponent.

The midfielder, who was arguably Raith’s man of the match, said: “I think we deserved it with the workrate we put in and the performance.

“I don’t think they really created much. They scored from a mistake on our part. It was a cheap goal to lose.

“But I think over the two legs we deserved it. They are a physical team. They were up for the battle.

“We managed to keep our heads and play professionally to the end.

“Hopefully we can achieve our aim of getting up to the Championship.”

As Matthews walked away, Baird, who was still visibly angry, then came out to speak, saying: “They have won the game and the tie which is fair enough but I am upset because some people went totally below the belt.

“I have played in games and done it for the Rovers myself – you do what you have to do to win.

“But to personally insult people who aren’t even on the park is an absolute disgrace.

“I have known that boy (Matthews) since he was 16 years old and I was embarrassed to be on the park with him today. An absolute disgrace.”

When asked who he believed Matthews had been insulting, Baird said: “I won’t bring that up.

“He can insult me all he wants but what he said I have never heard on a football park in my career.

“If he plays as long as me, good luck to him because I hope it doesn’t happen to him.

“He has scuttered away there as he didn’t want to face me – it’s embarrassing.

“I appreciate everything I had at Raith Rovers. The biggest highlight of my career came with the club.

“I had two and a half brilliant years there and met two of my best pals in football there in big Brian Graham and Willie Dyer.

“I played with a lot of good players but that boy came through as a YTS kid.

“I never did anything but help him and he was bang out of order.

“There were a lot of bookings, myself included, and we lost our discipline which was silly especially at my age.

“Everybody was just so determined to win. The tackles, the verbals, that’s going to happen in the game.

“But I have played with boys there all my career like Liam Buchanan, played with Bene (Kyle Benedictus), been Davo’s (Iain Davidson) team-mate twice. There is a mutual respect.

“You go at it hammer and tong but he has totally crossed the line.

“Put it this way, if he was in my dressing-room and I knew what he had done, he wouldn’t do it again. That’s for sure.”

Although the tie had left a sour taste in his mouth, Baird insisted that Forfar can still look back on the season with pride.

He added: “Considering the team was third bottom of the league last season and scraped to stay in this division . . . Forfar shouldn’t be in that position but they were.

“There has been a big improvement this season.

“For two-thirds of the season we have been outstanding, probably the form team in the league.

“To come second in the league ahead of a full-time club is incredible.”
Wow something got to Bairdy....

On a sad note Marko, it has been announced this morning that John Baird is leaving Forfar as he is emigrating to Australia with his family for a new life, absolutely gutted, a class act as a striker and Jim Weir's number Two, big holes to try and fill now, having got a dozen players tied down for next season things were looking good but this is a set back for sure.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 pm

Andy Jackson signed today, good signing, didn't hang about !!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:18 pm

Regarding Baird....... must’ve been something pretty low that he heard, but he better get himself a thicker skin if he’s moving to Oz. They don’t mix their words over there. Tough crowd.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:58 pm

Hey Marko, qualified for the last 16 from a group with Two Prem teams and Two local derbies aint bad going !!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:22 pm

Certainly is and I’m sure the Station Road faithful (including yourself) were bouncing with that 2-1 over St Johnstone. 👍

East Fife beating the Jambos on pens is also a GREAT day.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:26 pm

Super win today, we are just sh*t hot at home, on an incredible unbeaten run. Haha I thought of you when I saw the Hearts result 😂

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:15 am

Big game today for the Loons. SPL team arriving @ Station Rd.... not sure Livi will take a big crowd up there for a League Cup game but it’ll be a sizeable scalp if Forfar can do it.

Shed’s Morton coming to Easter Road. Got other things on today so can’t make this, but I’m sure the cabbage can ease into the quarter finals no worries.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Unlucky Loons.

And Hibs doing their “help the people of Greenock” routine with 2 og’s. 3-3, extra time being played.

Ended 5-3 Cabbage. Never in doubt. :astroll:
Sounded entertaining though.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Just wasn't to be but no disgrace, was looking forward to taking on the mighty Hibs lol

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:53 pm

Mixed emotions if the cabbage land Livi in the draw tomorrow....., 1/ peed off that it could've been Hibs v Forfar, but 2/ it "should" be a passage to the semi finals.

Just read on BBC sport, Hilson = MOTM. Sounds like last half hour was all Loons. Gary Holt sounds pi$$ed off though. Actually naming the player who messed up for Hilsons goal! :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:15 pm

What ive read says it was hard to tell which team was the higher ranked team, good performance.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:16 am

marko69 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:02 pm
Unlucky Loons.

And Hibs doing their “help the people of Greenock” routine with 2 og’s. 3-3, extra time being played.

Ended 5-3 Cabbage. Never in doubt. :astroll:
Sounded entertaining though.
marko
As is often said on here, the league is our priority! 😂
As you say sounds like it was a entertaining game and some controversy over your 4th goal which led to Hopkin being sent to the stands.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:21 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:16 am
...your 4th goal....
Wuznae me, mate. I was in ikea with the Mrs! :lol:
The only controversial goal I’ve been involved in was a shot from outside the box for Gracie Rovers vs Roslin.... ball went a few inches over the bar (no nets) ..... ancient, comb over ref gave the goal. Oh man! 22 16 year olds all punching lumps out of each other on a Sunday morning! :lol:

According to a cousin, Cameron fell like a sack o’ tatties and wasn’t a foul prior to 4th. Cammy himself booked for simulation and Hopkin sent to the stand for abusive language :lol: League Cup eh? Who says people don’t care! I obviously still care but the promise of Ikea meatballs???

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:53 am

marko69 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:21 am
Shed on tour wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:16 am
...your 4th goal....
Wuznae me, mate. I was in ikea with the Mrs! :lol:
The only controversial goal I’ve been involved in was a shot from outside the box for Gracie Rovers vs Roslin.... ball went a few inches over the bar (no nets) ..... ancient, comb over ref gave the goal. Oh man! 22 16 year olds all punching lumps out of each other on a Sunday morning! :lol:

According to a cousin, Cameron fell like a sack o’ tatties and wasn’t a foul prior to 4th. Cammy himself booked for simulation and Hopkin sent to the stand for abusive language :lol: League Cup eh? Who says people don’t care! I obviously still care but the promise of Ikea meatballs???
There were several times in the 2nd half at Peterborough yesterday when I was shouting out ikea! 😂

Football don’t you just love it, after all these years I try and tell myself don’t get worked up about it but I still fecking well do.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:35 pm

Mike, 19 year old promising Hibs centre forward, Ryan Shanley goes out on loan to Forfar. Hopefully he bangs in a few goals during his loan spell for the Loons. 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:43 pm

Yes I was gonna ask you if you know anything about him ? He needs to be good as we've lost Dale Hilson to those Kipper munching, knob chewing, fucktard, w*nk head, inbred, deer shaggers Arbroath

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:55 pm

There is no better Arbroath description on the internet anywhere! :lol:

Not saw him play myself as he’s been in the reserves but he’s shown enough for Jack Ross to extend his contract. He’s also said he could be an important player in the coming years. Will be keeping a close eye on things at Falkirk Stadium today. Not the easiest of debuts if he plays.