Ipswich Town Versus Swansea City Preview and Match Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Only Double This Season ?

Town at the Double?
10%
Another Draw?
40%
Same Old Story?
50%

Total votes: 10

lucy

Re: Ipswich Town Versus Swansea City Preview and Match Thread

Post by lucy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:21 pm

GOALLLL to Swansea :lol: 0-1 finally some entertainment.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:27 pm

Two goals for a David McGoldrick in first 20 mins today, can’t believe we lost him on a free transfer!... how much we could have done with his goals this season.

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:27 pm
Two goals for a David McGoldrick in first 20 mins today, can’t believe we lost him on a free transfer!... how much we could have done with his goals this season.
Would he scored that many with us though?.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:32 pm

lucy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:30 pm
Charnwood wrote:
From the medical table? Probably not.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:33 pm

So slow and disinterested. This lot should be embarrased. I bet yhey move a bit quicker during the lap of shame, sorry honour

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:34 pm

Andre Dozzell..... our most overrated youngster since bowditch? He will be ending up at Colchester at this rate.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:37 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:34 pm
Andre Dozzell..... our most overrated youngster since bowditch? He will be ending up at Colchester at this rate.
Totally agree, in the donkey enclosure with the rest of em!

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:39 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:33 pm
So slow and disinterested. This lot should be embarrased. I bet yhey move a bit quicker during the lap of shame, sorry honour
I doubt there will be any fans left to even show their appreciation :wink:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:39 pm

Two shyte performances in a row. Is Lambert really the man for the job? Sorry, I’m beginning to have doubts about him. When was the last time we played some good football and won?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:47 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:39 pm
Two shyte performances in a row. Is Lambert really the man for the job? Sorry, I’m beginning to have doubts about him. When was the last time we played some good football and won?
I think you maybe right. He makes all the right noises but at the end of the day just does not win football matches. I am sick to f**king death with it all now..

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:47 pm

number 9 wrote:

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:51 pm

6 minutes added on.

Just end this misery now :(

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:59 pm

Another exciting game at PR... How to entice fans to buy a season ticket for next season....
Just looked at league1 table Sunderland now 4 pts behind Barnsley 2Pts behind Portsmouth now proves how hard this league is going to be next season most people would have said Sunderland to go this year at start of season.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:06 pm

lucy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:30 pm
Charnwood wrote:

Probably not.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:07 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:47 pm
number 9 wrote:
Bring back Burley.

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:51 pm

Does anyone who sits in Bobby Robson lower know what all that commotion was about before the 2nd half?.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:57 pm

The pr*ck of a steward wouldn't open the gate to let 3 people into the stand who had been involved in the haf time penalty competition, just being a f**king jobsworth.

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:57 pm
The pr*ck of a steward wouldn't open the gate to let 3 people into the stand who had been involved in the haf time penalty competition, just being a f**king jobsworth.
What a idiot. I did wonder why Skuse was involved when i came back to my Seat.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:45 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:57 pm
It's a shame he didn't lock the 14 players from Ipswich who were involved today out and done us all a favour . :x

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:20 pm

I think the goal highlights where we have gone wrong not just this season but for years. When the original shot came in from outside the box, there were already 3 Swansea players in ftont of him in the box to pick up the rebound. We never get enough players forward. If we insist on playing 1 up front (which is pointless unless they have the strength and skill to hold it up) or 2, the midfield have to get in there as well. But they are usually too deep.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Yes I have to confess it wasn't great Derick, in fact it was terrible. We just need this bloody season over and quick, it really is getting painful now.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:34 pm

I was disappointed to miss the game today and have instead been stuck waiting for my eurostar train to take me to Brussels. I did however, listen on ifollow whilst my delays ensued and i have to admit that i am now pleased i missed it! I just don't see why we are playing loanees who won't be here next season and more worryingly, i cannot see PL's logic in making 7 changes (4 of whom are loanees) and playing 1 up front. I just hope he has a plan for next season that he and ME are bought into as i really want them to be on the same page. I am also keen to know what this great 'brave new world' PL has tempted us with looks like? Do you think we have already been told what the great new things he speaks about are (in which case i am already disappointed) or should we still be waiting in anticipation? I sincerely hope they are still to come - and boy they cannot come soon enough... i too am looking forward to the close season - something i have not felt for decades but i just feel we all need to go away and come back renewed - players, management and fans - and i hope they have a plan that works... here's hoping...

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:49 pm

We didn't get any runners off Keane today and never looked like getting behind them. We looked a little more threatening after the subsistutions but again never got enough players in the box.

I Felt a bit sad after the game to be honest. But we must get this season out of the way and look forward to the next. I am sure Lambert will sort out the on field mess. I'm not sure any manager would have kept us up this season.

The highlight of my day was meeting up with Mike and Liz, really great people and we had a good chat for an hour or so.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Absolutely Ando, was great to meet you and your good lady, the highlight of the day for sure.

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:09 pm

No match review from you Mike?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:44 pm

Don't bother to follow games anymore, I mean what's the freakin' point. Only got the score maybe ten minutes ago and took in a review page, there isn't really much else to add to this. Other than put time today to more substantial use.

To those that are skeptical of the manager I don't fault you for it. Had my doubts as soon as the appointment was confirmed and once again wasn't disappointed. Why the f*ck people insist the name is some kind of savior or bright future you cannot often comprehend but guess the time factor will reveal the truth of it.

17,000 in attendance, not sure whether to applaud or ridicule those that bother to go, guess it's a loyalty thing but you can only tolerate so much. If there is a lap of honor on the end game with Leeds it can only add insult to injury. These pricks don't deserve any adulation or recognition, fact of the matter is it's been a shambles from start to finish. All involved have to take their share of responsibility.

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:51 pm

The lap of honour was today but i don't know how many stayed.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:08 pm

lucy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:09 pm
No match review from you Mike?
Nah, no point Lucy, given up on it, everyone has their own thoughts on it.

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:15 pm

I think everyone has had enough now. Normally i miss the football in Summer but this year i think it will be nice break :(.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:25 pm

Ando wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:49 pm
We didn't get any runners off Keane today and never looked like getting behind them. We looked a little more threatening after the subsistutions but again never got enough players in the box.

I Felt a bit sad after the game to be honest. But we must get this season out of the way and look forward to the next. I am sure Lambert will sort out the on field mess. I'm not sure any manager would have kept us up this season.

The highlight of my day was meeting up with Mike and Liz, really great people and we had a good chat for an hour or so.
Was great to meet you and your wife today Ando ( Lee). Hopefully we can meet up at some point again next season too .

I can’t wait for the season to end now - the players certainly are playing like they can’t wait either. This has to be the worst season I can recall in years . Just get it over with and let’s see what Lambert / Evans can come up with . But decent defenders and strikers are a must if we are to have any chance of having s good season next year .

COYBs // ITID