How many of these long term injured players will be released/ sold?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

How many of these long term injured players will be released/ sold?

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 04, 2019 1:33 pm

Sears
Huws
Adeyemi
Ward
Morris
Falomi

Apologies if I’ve missed anyone off list that is long term injured.

Andym

Re: How many of these long term injured players will be released/ sold?

Post by Andym » Sat May 04, 2019 1:45 pm

Huws and Adeyemi should be offloaded without doubt as their fitness record is so poor.

Of the others, they don't have such poor records. I think it's more a case of whether they are good enough. Unlike some, I think that Sears and Ward are good enough for league 1. The youngsters are less proven but presumably cheaper to keep. I wouldn't be bothered if any or all of them stayed or were released.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat May 04, 2019 2:10 pm

How can you sell long-term injured players ?
How can you release players like Huws or Sears when they’re contracted to us and we have a duty of care? Unless we pay of their contracts. 2 more years of Huws contract won’t be cheap to settle up.

We have to freshen up the squad and desperately have to trim the squad first. The squads far too big.The out of contract players like Adeyemi and Ward should be no-brainers. Wards been largely a disappointment over the last 3 years and if we give him another year it might mean we can’t bring a senior player in.

As for Folami and Morriss... it’s not like they’re on big contracts and have a history of injury. Unless PL is absolutely certain they won’t make it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 04, 2019 2:12 pm

Keep Morris and possibly Folami, find a way to ditch the rest, bored with them all.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sat May 04, 2019 8:18 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:12 pm
Keep Morris and possibly Folami, find a way to ditch the rest, bored with them all.
Morris will never be a professional footballer. Said it last year and I’ll say it again.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 04, 2019 8:35 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:18 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Morris will never be a professional footballer. Said it last year and I’ll say it again.
He already is a professional footballer.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sat May 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:35 pm
AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:18 pm
Bluemike wrote:
He already is a professional footballer.

Hardly counts when it’s he club you have been a youth with and they offer you a short term youngster deal. He will more like a Jack Ainsley than a Luke Hyam or Connor Wickham ......

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 04, 2019 10:23 pm

You pissed again ?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon May 06, 2019 8:33 am

The season’s over, but today is apparently when PL is supposed to confirm who’s staying or going?

I think contracts which are due to run down will simply not be renewed, but I wonder if there’ll be other contracted players who will be placed on the transfer list/ asked to find another club. Might be a couple of surprises along with the obvious ones.