Ipswich Town vs Leeds United Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Last One .................... Mercifully

Town Win
17%
Leeds Win
50%
Draw
33%

Total votes: 12

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Re: Ipswich Town vs Leeds United Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by TODD66 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:49 pm

2-1

Nice!

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sun May 05, 2019 1:55 pm

Dozzell , excellent

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:05 pm

Two shots on target - great stuff!!

Keep going boys.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sun May 05, 2019 2:11 pm

Damn 2-2

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sun May 05, 2019 2:14 pm

And Leeds miss a pen, chambers sent off. I thought double jeopardy didn’t happen any more?

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:19 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:14 pm
And Leeds miss a pen, chambers sent off. I thought double jeopardy didn’t happen any more?
Depends what you do I suppose.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sun May 05, 2019 2:20 pm

3-2 Quaner ... woooooo

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:23 pm

Wow

We have just scored nearly 10% of our season's goals in one game 🤣🤔

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sun May 05, 2019 2:23 pm

😂😂😂

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:24 pm

Oh and 3 goals from 3 shots on target.

What do you know!

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sun May 05, 2019 2:24 pm

Well a nice win to finish the season. Well done lads

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 05, 2019 2:34 pm

Only second time we’ve scored 3 goals all season and the first time at Portman Road. A great payback for all our loyal fans especially those who showed up today, .....and all against the mighty Leeds to keep our excellent record against them which now reads P10, W8, D1, L1.

👏👏👏

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun May 05, 2019 2:35 pm

Come on Derrick, get in there ... your boy Chambo sent off ... and then we go on to win. :) :)

We get a break at the end... is this an omen for next season?. Who cares ... COYB!!!!

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun May 05, 2019 2:54 pm

See we are much better when he is not on the pitch. Hopefully he will be banned for the first 3 games next season and does not get his place back.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun May 05, 2019 3:16 pm

He certainly will Derek, 3 game ban for foul play, that gives Luke Wolfenden a place in defence :D :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Great end to the season and a fab atmosphere, got lucky with the pen but their second goal should never have stood !! All in all we deserve a bit of luck. Fantastic reception for the players and manager at the end, I just think we should have too much about us for a lot of L1 sides, time will tell. I thought Downes was excellent today until he went off while Nsiala also had a very good game, one world class double save from Bart was truly superb.

Thanks for the kind words Dubai, it makes it worthwhile knowing people read the waffle lol. As for next season, its hard to know who will be writing them, if anyone, that is down to Frosty, from my point of view if I'm needed I'm there.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 05, 2019 4:00 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:43 pm
Great end to the season and a fab atmosphere, got lucky with the pen but their second goal should never have stood !! All in all we deserve a bit of luck. Fantastic reception for the players and manager at the end, I just think we should have too much about us for a lot of L1 sides, time will tell. I thought Downes was excellent today until he went off while Nsiala also had a very good game, one world class double save from Bart was truly superb.

Thanks for the kind words Dubai, it makes it worthwhile knowing people read the waffle lol. As for next season, its hard to know who will be writing them, if anyone, that is down to Frosty, from my point of view if I'm needed I'm there.

I think you’ve just kept yourself in a job mate 👍👌👏

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 05, 2019 4:57 pm

Nah im sacked, letter just arrived

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun May 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Team got a win, simple math it were the best end possible. Three goals at home against an opposition that works hard at you, and to win it right at the end must have created a buzz for those who were in attendance. Showed resilience and determination if the score is anything to go by however stats indicate Leeds created far more chances and opportunity and had the greater possession. It would have been interesting to see what had occurred had the opposition required a result today (i.e. chance of an auto promotion if able) but credit where it's due, a much needed morale victory for ourselves and couldn't really time it better.

Was it a bit of a steal ? Who gives a sh*t, we got the victory and that's all important. Fine way to end the season although bear in mind our final position and entering the third league in August. Maybe we're not actually the worst team in this league. Believe Bolton saw another setback today, in the end both teams were only separated by one point. Perhaps they're a more ineffective team than ourselves but what the hell, the league is over for another year.

Take the time to provide thanks to those responsible in preparing and putting forward each game preview this season. Always colorful and comprehensive but at times you must have asked yourself if it were all worth it.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun May 05, 2019 6:35 pm

Andym wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:16 am
Just looked at the form guide. Very depressing, just 1 goal scored in our last 5 games. I wonder who we have fit to play up front.

Ipswich 0 Leeds 2, 3, 4..... it doesn't really matter how many
I was wrong as usual....

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun May 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Thank Christ that season is over. Next season will either be exceptional or woeful, there will be no middle ground. Seeing Lambert just look into the stands for 5 minutes after the final whistle gave me chills. I have doubted his ability and what he actually does on the training ground based on results alone, however the atmosphere he has created and the amount he cares about the club cannot be questioned so let’s back him.

Generally I don’t bother posting as there’s a small group who enjoy trying wind up their fellow town ‘fans’ and others who have the mentality ‘I only won 1.5 million on the lotto not 2mil like lasts weeks winner’. However thank you to Frosty for keeping the forum going and thanks to my old man for his pre match ramblings, I know how much effort they take and they are one of the few reasons I keep my account running. I would also like to thank Marko for the caption contest, I started flirting with that in jan and it actually provided some well needed humour to our dire season. Although if I could make one request... next season can you limit it to 2 entries per person, it gets a bit boring reading 4 or 5 from the same person/ people (purely my opinion).

One final thank you - thank you Hallam for being a frequent taxi driver for away games, I love the away days spent with you, dad and others (Mach) - even though sometimes your driving would suggest you want us dead...

I already can’t wait for tomorrow where we will hopefully find out what players are staying and going. Bring on 2019/20. COYB. ITID.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun May 05, 2019 6:58 pm

Well a decent way to end, draw a very strong line under all that and head in to next season.

While being very quietly optimistic, I have my concerns, I think we will make a meal of next year, I'd actually be happy with a top 10 finish given the level we performed at this year and the work that needs to be done. Without wanting to sound clichéd, I think it's a tricker division then some are giving it credit.

I think we have the right man in Lambert, but will those above him be fighting with him or have they at least learnt a little lesson watching this all season?
Bluemike wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:43 pm
I thought Downes was excellent today until he went off
Why, what did he do wrong after he went off?!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 05, 2019 7:10 pm

Lol ok ok

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 05, 2019 7:49 pm

Andym wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:35 pm
Andym wrote:
Just looked at the form guide. Very depressing, just 1 goal scored in our last 5 games. I wonder who we have fit to play up front.

I was wrong as usual....

Maybe you need more practice, why not try our Prediction League next season.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun May 05, 2019 8:26 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:49 pm
Andym wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:35 pm
Andym wrote:

I was wrong as usual....

Maybe you need more practice, why not try our Prediction League next season.
Because I'd be absolutely terrible at it.
Seriously it's because I don't follow football beyond Ipswich enough to have a clue.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:01 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:41 pm
Thank Christ that season is over. Next season will either be exceptional or woeful, there will be no middle ground. Seeing Lambert just look into the stands for 5 minutes after the final whistle gave me chills. I have doubted his ability and what he actually does on the training ground based on results alone, however the atmosphere he has created and the amount he cares about the club cannot be questioned so let’s back him.

Generally I don’t bother posting as there’s a small group who enjoy trying wind up their fellow town ‘fans’ and others who have the mentality ‘I only won 1.5 million on the lotto not 2mil like lasts weeks winner’. However thank you to Frosty for keeping the forum going and thanks to my old man for his pre match ramblings, I know how much effort they take and they are one of the few reasons I keep my account running. I would also like to thank Marko for the caption contest, I started flirting with that in jan and it actually provided some well needed humour to our dire season. Although if I could make one request... next season can you limit it to 2 entries per person, it gets a bit boring reading 4 or 5 from the same person/ people (purely my opinion).

One final thank you - thank you Hallam for being a frequent taxi driver for away games, I love the away days spent with you, dad and others (Mach) - even though sometimes your driving would suggest you want us dead...

I already can’t wait for tomorrow where we will hopefully find out what players are staying and going. Bring on 2019/20. COYB. ITID.
Great post. Nice words for Lambo, funny stuff regarding Hallams driving! 😂

Regarding the The Don Cup, it has been an issue just this season for some reason. The archives do show that participants didn’t submit multiple entries. It’s been incredibly difficult to score for the scorers. But there will be changes next season WITHOUT reducing the funny entries. Must make the scoring easier but not reduce the humour. Without the humour, I think I’d give it up.
That final table and the winner will be announced around Thursday of this week.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:02 pm

Andym wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:26 pm
Seriously it's because I don't follow football beyond Ipswich enough to have a clue.
What about Luton Town?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 05, 2019 10:19 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:

Ha ha you cheeky blighter :lol: ...... but you’re very welcome. I’m looking forward to a Friday night ( meal and few drinks), in your neck o the woods next season, before the Saturday’s “ local” games for you , you lucky sod ( minimal travelling for you).

“Every Saturday we follow…………”

Ps I’ve ALWAYS rated Lambo!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon May 06, 2019 7:20 am

Thanks to everyone involved with keeping the forum going. Greatly appreciated.
It’s been a tough season.... but maybe a season we’ll look back on in the future as an unpleasant step backwards to start going forward. We’ll see... I’m looking forward to next season whatever it brings. The fans don’t seem like they’ve deserted us and here’s looking forward to better fortunes in League 1.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Mon May 06, 2019 8:34 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:19 pm
AylesburyBlue wrote:

Ha ha you cheeky blighter :lol: ...... but you’re very welcome. I’m looking forward to a Friday night ( meal and few drinks), in your neck o the woods next season, before the Saturday’s “ local” games for you , you lucky sod ( minimal travelling for you).

“Every Saturday we follow…………”

Ps I’ve ALWAYS rated Lambo!
Oxford, Wycombe, Coventry and MK dons all under an hour in car. All the London clubs an hour by train.

Bristol, Shrewsbury and Peterborough near 90 minutes....

Prime location next year.