Championship players out of contract list

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Championship players out of contract list

Post by hallamblue » Wed May 08, 2019 1:47 pm

nicscreamer

Re: Championship players out of contract list

Post by nicscreamer » Wed May 08, 2019 2:14 pm

Its not very accurate... says Chambers is out of contract, when hes already signed a new one. Also says PL will be desperate to sign up Collins again... I cant see that happening and hope it doesnt

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Wed May 08, 2019 2:14 pm

that's not right, we know Chambers and Emmanuel are both gonna be here next season as both have either signed a new contract, or had the option taken up

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 08, 2019 2:49 pm

Unfortunately I doubt we will be shopping for Championship players

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed May 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:49 pm
Unfortunately I doubt we will be shopping for Championship players
Dead Right there BM, in fact none of the listed in the sky sports list, only Emmanuel and Chambers have contracts, but Chambers I see him as being a huge liability in Div.1 next season, too darn slow, I see the partnership of Woolfenden and Nsiala to be the strongest central defence, with Kenlock and Emmanuel as wing backs, be interesting to see who PL gets in, but it wont be many as we have a large surplus to unload first.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed May 08, 2019 6:51 pm

Well .... by this report.... we’re considering keeping players like Adeyemi on board, hence the delay in publishing the contracted players list.

Https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... -1-6040203

If this is true... I’m a bit underwhelmed. We need to freshen things up... new faces, not crocked or underperforming players.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun May 12, 2019 11:35 am

I think Grant Ward could be a standout player next season and Adeyemi, if he is fit, could do well too. They are both good enough for the Championship (if not outstanding) and we have seen good performances from them both so potentially I don't see League 1 being a problem.

Maybe the negotiations are actually about them extending the contract but at the League 1 salary level rather than the Champ one? Perhaps if they don't agree that then they won't be extended.

Many of the players that have underwhelmed us could be very decent performers in league 1 if they are motivated by a coach who can get the best out of his players.

This is where I expect PL to over achieve with the squad he already has. I was impressed by the way he had us playing towards the end of last season when it was obvious to everyone, including the players, that we were going down.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun May 12, 2019 12:06 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:35 am
I think Grant Ward could be a standout player next season and Adeyemi, if he is fit, could do well too. They are both good enough for the Championship (if not outstanding) and we have seen good performances from them both so potentially I don't see League 1 being a problem.

Maybe the negotiations are actually about them extending the contract but at the League 1 salary level rather than the Champ one? Perhaps if they don't agree that then they won't be extended.

Many of the players that have underwhelmed us could be very decent performers in league 1 if they are motivated by a coach who can get the best out of his players.

This is where I expect PL to over achieve with the squad he already has. I was impressed by the way he had us playing towards the end of last season when it was obvious to everyone, including the players, that we were going down.
You could be right these players perform well at a lower level, but we don’t have the luxury to carry too many players, especially ones with injuries.
I’m disappointed with Ward. I thought last season would be his season... but he couldn’t nail down a place in a rock-bottom squad and drifts out of games too easily. As for Adeyemi, it’s 2 years out of the game - that’s a worryingly long time and I’m not absolutely sure what kept him out so long. Does anyone know, including Adeyemi? Strange how he finally managed to start an under 23 game when his contract was nearly up.
These players might have Championship pedigree in the past, but maybe fresh blood is needed more here and, for them, a fresh challenge elsewhere. I’m happy to see these players leave and get of the wage bill.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun May 12, 2019 12:07 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:

There were indeed some good performances. But there were probably more that were poor. I think a lot of season tickets have been sold on the back of the good ones. If we aren't more consistent there will be some disappointed people. For that we need consistent players, not the blow hot and cold type or the regularly injured. I'm not sure how many we have who fit that description.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 12, 2019 12:12 pm

I certainly don't want to see Ward and Adeyemi given contracts or extensions, i'm just bored to death of those type of players, fresh blood is the way for me, even Danny Rowe would be a better option, at least he can run with the ball, beat his man and deliver a cross, Three things Ward seems to struggle with.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun May 12, 2019 12:19 pm

Andym wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:07 pm
Dubai Blue wrote:

There were indeed some good performances. But there were probably more that were poor. I think a lot of season tickets have been sold on the back of the good ones. If we aren't more consistent there will be some disappointed people. For that we need consistent players, not the blow hot and cold type or the regularly injured. I'm not sure how many we have who fit that description.
The fact we used nearly forty players last season suggest we don’t have much of either.