Transfer Rumours Thread 2019/20 Season

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread 2019/20 Season

Post by marko69 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:35 pm

Rex Harrison hat & Jackett?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun May 26, 2019 7:46 pm

I can see this happening.

Don’t think Lambo rates Harrison.

To bring in two strikers we have to offload at least one. I quite like Harrison, but we need to offload players as it’s a big squad.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 26, 2019 10:24 pm

I’d hope we would keep Harrison. He knows league one and had scored 14 goals when he played regularly prior to coming to Town and the dreaded injury curse affected him.

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Mon May 27, 2019 8:56 am

I'd be very sorry to lose Harrison. He hasn't had much of a chance so far and I like to remember the pre-season friendly against West Ham when he linked up beautifully with Dozzell, scored a good goal and was unlucky not to score a second with a header that hit the post.Jackson I'm not so sure about. He has undoubted pace but not a great first touch. If we get Norwood, personally I'd keep both Harrison and Jackson and let Sears go. He is not the future.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon May 27, 2019 9:23 am

RRanger wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:56 am
I'd be very sorry to lose Harrison. He hasn't had much of a chance so far and I like to remember the pre-season friendly against West Ham when he linked up beautifully with Dozzell, scored a good goal and was unlucky not to score a second with a header that hit the post.Jackson I'm not so sure about. He has undoubted pace but not a great first touch. If we get Norwood, personally I'd keep both Harrison and Jackson and let Sears go. He is not the future.
I think this isn’t solely the case of whether Harrison is good or not, but we need to save money and/or generate money. We haven’t the luxury to carry X number of strikers. Harrison is someone we could offload and also bring in a bit of cash. Which team is going to sign Freddie Sears for a fee when he’s got over six months of rehab left? If we’re trying to bring in players it’s a financial juggling act and it could be 2 out, 1 in due to our League 1 status and having far too many players. I like Harrison, but one of him or Jackson has to go and Freddie Sears isn’t going to be leaving.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 27, 2019 9:29 am

Personally I would be quite happy with a strike force of Norwood, Harrison, Jackson and One other, we are now League One after all and all of them should handle it very well, Sears will still be at the club yes but won't be one of the Four available strikers any time soon.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 27, 2019 10:22 am

If it was between Harrison or Jackson to keep, I’d rather we kept Harrison. He’s good in the air, has an established record at League One level, and has a good first touch. Jackson has none of these attributes, except “ speed”, which to be honest I havent really seen much of.

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon May 27, 2019 10:28 am

Harrison is a difficult one for me, he never really got a run of games to show what he an do and was playing in a struggling team.

Jackson has had more opportunity and had little impact, but again in a struggling team. I can't see anyone coming in for him. He is still young and may have something to offer in league 1.

So if the right offer comes in I think Harrison will go and Lambert will look for someone with a more proven track record and experience, probably an out of contract championship player.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon May 27, 2019 10:29 am

It would have been good to see Harrison in the dead rubber games, but I got the impression Lambert didn’t really try push to get him on the pitch. I just get the impression Lambert doesn’t rate him. I agree Harrison’s a better all-round player than Jackson ( in the air, workrate).Another thing is.... how susceptible is Harrison to injury? He’s been out most of the season with two separate injuries. Could be another sick-note.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 27, 2019 10:39 am

I like Harrison but I will bet anyone Jackson is successful in league one next season, I think he's been in a no win situation during his time here, being played up front alone and always totally isolated, I still say there is a half decent player in there if played in the right bloody formation.

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon May 27, 2019 11:34 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:39 am
I like Harrison but I will bet anyone Jackson is successful in league one next season, I think he's been in a no win situation during his time here, being played up front alone and always totally isolated, I still say there is a half decent player in there if played in the right bloody formation.
Are you having Jackson put on your new shirt Mike? :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 27, 2019 12:23 pm

Hell no lol

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon May 27, 2019 2:14 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:39 am
I'm not convinced; speed seems to be his main' if not only asset.

I agree with what you say about being isolated. The question is, is Lambert likely to move to 2 up front? Or even (as I keep banging on about) get the midfielders shift their arses and get up in support ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 27, 2019 2:44 pm

I think he will stick initially with the 4-2-3-1 or whatever it is but you are spot on , the Midfielders need to provide far more support, Bishop and Lankester can do that and Nolan started getting in the box well prior to getting injured, Judge and Edwards need to offer much more from wide areas. I would like to think we have a plan B if it aint working and that has to be 2 up front, Norwood would be a massive plus in either system.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon May 27, 2019 3:00 pm

Nathan Thompson Portsmouth right back is the latest player we are talking to it seems, 265 games for Swindon and Portsmouth and is out of contract.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue May 28, 2019 6:00 pm

Micky Mellon favourite for the Swansea job which could be bad news for us as he might want Norwood😢

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue May 28, 2019 6:27 pm

Norwood has the right to talk to and sign for anyone he likes. And this is another TWTD rumour.

He’s not ours to lose. We’ll see.....

But on a positive from TWTD .. Cole Skuse will be at the Suffolk Show to sign autographs. Genuinely good bloke and doesn’t hide from fans.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue May 28, 2019 10:39 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:27 pm
Norwood has the right to talk to and sign for anyone he likes. And this is another TWTD rumour.

But on a positive from TWTD .. Cole Skuse will be at the Suffolk Show to sign autographs. Genuinely good bloke and doesn’t hide from fans.
Anything read on TWTD can be (sometimes) viewed with a certain level of skepticism. I'd give Norwood a chance here, obviously the kid comes with an amount of praise or acknowledgement, but as before would Tranmere sell to a potential rival.

The Thompson name I'm not aware of but (265 games illustrated) seems got a wealth of experience and the Hampshire team came one game away from a promotion, could have been (or is) a valuable asset for them.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Wed May 29, 2019 6:45 am

saint jude wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:39 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:27 pm

Anything read on TWTD can be (sometimes) viewed with a certain level of skepticism. I'd give Norwood a chance here, obviously the kid comes with an amount of praise or acknowledgement, but as before would Tranmere sell to a potential rival.

The Thompson name I'm not aware of but (265 games illustrated) seems got a wealth of experience and the Hampshire team came one game away from a promotion, could have been (or is) a valuable asset for them.
Norwood is out of contract, so tranmere won’t have to sell him - he can just leave

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed May 29, 2019 1:11 pm

According to EADT Norwood has agreed a three year contract with Town and is expected to sign next week 👍

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed May 29, 2019 1:31 pm

Looks pretty certain then. Great news.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed May 29, 2019 2:36 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:31 pm
Looks pretty certain then. Great news.
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... -1-6077196. There you go.

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed May 29, 2019 4:54 pm

This is great news, but nothing is done until the papers are signed. Fingers crossed this goes through he's definitely got something about him the ball seems to get attracted to him, it's something thats not really coachable you either have it or you don't. He will defo score goals for us and will fit well into how PL wants to play.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed May 29, 2019 5:26 pm

I guess we shouldn’t be talking this up if it’s not completely completed.

I have to admit, though, there did seem a very strong undercurrent that this was a done deal a while back.

Can’t say I was aware of Norwood till a couple of months back. From what I’ve seen, I quite like his attitude and all- round game as well as the goals. A bit of snarl there, too. Garner was about the same size who put himself about, but I never took to him as his constant moaning and theatrics got annoying. I think this lad has more to his game, although he’s only done it at a lower level.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed May 29, 2019 6:51 pm

Hopefully the Norwood deal goes through ok although as others have said nothing is definite until everything is signed.
I still remember how Crook and Kachloul were signing for us until the last moment when everything changed.

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:15 am

Dylan Crowe off to either Celtic or Huddersfield.

Anyone seen him play?

Shame that we're about to lose a right-back, a position we've struggled for years with.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu May 30, 2019 10:33 am

mugen1 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:15 am
Dylan Crowe off to either Celtic or Huddersfield.

Anyone seen him play?

Shame that we're about to lose a right-back, a position we've struggled for years with.
It’s kind of odd in a way... he’s an England under 18 international and beenlinked with big clubs.... but he’s not really been anywhere near our first team. I can see comments how bigger clubs are hoovering up our young talent, but if he was that good he would have been considered for the first team. As you say, right back has been an ongoing problem.
I have a feeling he thinks he’s better than he is.
We can’t say we’ve missed him as he’s never played at senior level and I’ve never heard glowing reports about him to suggest he’s knocking on the first team door. If we get half a million quid for him then that’s useful cash and it’s Huddersfield’s/ Celtic’s gamble.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 30, 2019 11:44 am

I've heard on several occasions he is a bit of a bad apple and a Billy Big Bollocks, attitude problems too, Lambert won't stand for it.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:25 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:44 am
I've heard on several occasions he is a bit of a bad apple and a Billy Big Bollocks, attitude problems too, Lambert won't stand for it.
Probably effect his ability to track back that :wink:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu May 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Lambert made thesecomments below a few months ago about Crowe. Lambert didn’t hold back. I don’t think Crowe will be here much longer. Definately sounds like a BBB.

“When previously asked about Crowe's situation in February Lambert was critical of the player and the advice he was getting from his agent.

“It doesn’t matter if you’ve played for England youth team or not, it doesn’t matter. That’s no major, major claim to fame," he said.

“If you use that for your fame, my God you’re in trouble because you’ve got miles and miles to go.

“I think that’s important for any young player, just because you train with the first team or you play in a youth level game, it’s not professional football yet. Get in the first team and play a lot of games, then it becomes reality.

“So I don’t buy into this stuff about ‘national team, youth player’. Potentially, definitely, things are there but you’re never going to achieve anything with potential, you have to produce and I think that’s important. I don’t want young kids to be big-headed or their nose goes in the air and they thing, ‘I’ve arrived’.

“You’ve not arrived until you play 10 or 15 years in the game, then you think, ‘I’ve had a decent career’.

“I don’t want that culture in the club that because you’re a youth player or you’ve trained with the first team that you think you’re a player. You’re not.”

The Blues boss added: “I think the club’s talking with him and his other people. As I say, sometimes agents think players are better than they really are or tell them what they want to hear.

“As long as I’m here I don’t want a culture where people think young players have arrived without earning the right. That’s one thing I’ll not put up with.”