Calvors anybody ?

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

BlueBoyBochum

Calvors anybody ?

Post by BlueBoyBochum » Mon May 27, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi guys !
So far I've only been an observer from the distance. I live in Bochum right between Dortmund and Essen and I support my home team VfL Bochum (off course) with the beautiful blue and white club colours. We had quite a long spell in the German top flight without interruption from the 70s to 90s with many seasons of narrowly avoided relegations. Unfortunately we got stuck in the second tier since 2010 without managing to get back to the Bundesliga.
Ipswich are my favourite English team for more than 40 years now and I remember cheering for the FA cup and Uefa cup victories in 78 and 81 although the results were sometimes pretty hard to get over here in a world without internet. In 2009 I spent my 40th birthday in Suffolk only to experience that the match against Burnley had to be postponed because of the clarets facing Arsenal in the FA cup. In April 2014 I finally managed to visit Portman Road to witness a 2-1 victory against Doncaster. This year I was planning to celebrate my 50th birthday in Ipswich again but it wasn't to be as there was no home game in that week of March. Maybe it was for my own good when I look back at this painful last season.
Apart from my interest in football I am a diehard collector of crown caps. One piece that is still missing in my collection is a Calvors cap. Is there perhaps a chance that anybody among you likes and drinks this beer and can provide some caps for me ? Off course I would be willing to pay the expenses (bottles, shipping etc.). You could do me a big favour.

Cheers from Bochum
Matt (Mathias)

BLUEBLOOD

Re: Calvors anybody ?

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Tue May 28, 2019 2:52 am

Hi Matt.
Make a trip to watch the town next season and a trip to the brewery you could pick you own bottles to take back.
The Swan Pub at Holbrook sells it..

BlueBoyBochum

Post by BlueBoyBochum » Wed May 29, 2019 10:19 pm

Well I might consider that. Think I'll have to look for an opportunity.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Thu May 30, 2019 9:48 pm

Give a call out I am sure others on here would meet up for a pint and chat before a game.