Judge to leave Town?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mach_Polish_Blue

Judge to leave Town?

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:22 pm

QPR according to reports firmly interested in him.

Although he isn't trying to force a move he still wants to speak to them. If they can entice him by offering a decent deal he then might put in a transfer request. It should be no-brainer for him. We have irrevocably lost our Championship status (for as long as Evans owns the club) so this might be one of his last chances to play at that level. Championship or drifting along with Ipswich in League One? The choice ought to be obvious.

People may say we can't afford to lose him. Why can't we? This is Ipswich and we did so with Murphy, Webster, Waghorn and others. All gone not replaced by adequate quality and it resulted in relegation.

People might also say that we should hold out for 700-800k maybe more. It would be a pointless talk as NO PENNY is going to be re-invested in improving our first 11. Our replacement is going to be some out of contract ex-Gillingham/ex-Southend injury prone donkey but Marcus, Saint Marcus, Sir Marcus is still going to be defended by some as he always is. Because we could be Bolton/Bury blah blah blah, he ain't a bad owner blah blah etc etc.

Would you be angry/upset/indifferent if Judge left? Obviously I don't want to lose him as he is our rare bit of quality but I won't blame him at all if he goes. I wouldn't be angry at all as I'm completely used to selling our best players and not replacing them that 'helps' to continue our decline..... this is the Ipswich way nowadays !!!

AylesburyBlue

Re: Judge to leave Town?

Post by AylesburyBlue » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:56 pm

I’d sell judge for 750k upwards.

As I mentioned in another thread

Rowe Nolan and Edwards behind a front two of Norwood and Jackson looks pretty good to me. Judge only cares about Judge, not a team player imo. Possess quality but what did he actually produce with it last year? Although I have no doubt he will be impressive in league one, he isn’t the vital piece of the puzzle to secure promotion, that’s Norwood and solid CB partnership.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:54 pm

Spot on Thomas. Feck him , I say. The players you’ve mentioned are more than capable of taking his place and they’re younger 👍

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:16 pm

Judge is only one (injury prone player)...his presence or absence won't make or break our season. I can't blame him for being interested in a move to the championship. I mean put yourself in his shoes.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:22 pm

There comes a time when if a player is interested in a move it makes no sense to block it. The club clearly has an idea of his value and has every right to refuse offers if that value is not being met.

I hope he stays but I also don't think it's life or death.

I also think (hope) there may be significant bonuses on the table for promotion this season which might make it attractive to stay. Anyone who has read the recent piece about Sunderland's finances going forwards will understand that next year finances will be much worse if we don't go up so I imagine every possible realistic incentive is being used to focus minds. Judge might find this kind of vibe attractive for a year. He can always change him mind in January.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:52 pm

I’ve got to the point DB , where if a player wants to leave , I’m saying to myself , fine, sod iff then. I’m really not bothered because we as fans can’t affect things that happen st the Club on or off the pitch . There’s more important things ink tbh.

My understanding is that the window closes in 10 days time for the Championship Clubs, so if Town have their valuation for Judge, Bart and Dozzell to hold firm. We do have to try and avoid the temptation to cash in where possible although I think the Club are desperate to offload Barts hefty wages, understandably .

Strange you should raise the Sunderland situation, because I did exactly tat ad week and was lambasted for going so. Glad I’m not the only one to look wider afield than PR for trends in the game!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Hallam, only liars, liars with their pants on fire say they don’t look at other clubs affairs.
Jambo b*stard fuckwit-tards? Hate them, but the finger is on their pulse. It’s the only way to discuss the football on forums or in the pub.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:00 pm

Sounds like Lambert has confirmed that Judge wants to leave.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:05 pm

Saint Marcus, saviour Marcus will be rubbing his hands as he keeps recouping his losses and Judge's money will be another one.

Now I dare to say we're in a relegation battle.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:04 am

Mach losing judge would not be a loss. What did he actually contribute last season? We have to many midfielders as it is. Rowe can fill the not so big boots of Judge. If we get decent money for him so be it, i really don't give a f*ck if stays or goes, and RELEGATION wont depend on it either. :shock:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:05 am

I hope you’re right, Derrick, but Rowe has only really played League 2 and non-League football. Some decent performances in half a season for Lincoln and a couple of decent pre-season games. A couple of weeks ago I thought he would be off-loaded, now he’s Judges replacement. Compared to an international player who a couple of years ago was looking to a move to the PL, Rowe’s got a lot to live up to. I know Judge’s performances tailed of at the end, but I thought he was influential at the start. And we saw someone who actually wanted the ball and wanted to be positive. We could do with that experience as well. I’m disappointed in Judge. He only signed up in April and I thought he was a major part of the plan ahead. I suppose we’ll get money for him - but will that be re-invested?

I think this is a blow and we’re possibly over-compensating by boosting Rowe’s credentials a bit. If - a big IF - Huws stays fit that for me would compensate the loss of Judge.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:36 am

As gutted as I will be to lose Judge, we can only look forward. Huws seems to be coming back to fitness and maybe at some point our damn injury misfortunes will stop! This season could be the making of Rowe .

We defo need some more players in, as we are more than paper thin.

Im still looking forward to the season, and I am confident we will at least score more goals this year! Norwood looks the real deal, and Jackson is making progress in pre season. The sun still shines...….

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:38 am

I think Rowe, Huws, Downes and increasingly looking like Dozzell will be here too, will more than compensate for Judge. What’s the point in keeping a player who doesn’t want to be here. We have a tight knit squad IMO, he could be a toxic influence amongst our youngsters. Judge has clearly “ used” Town for his own goals and I do seriously wonder how much of a quiet word in his ear that wanker McCarthy has influenced all of this. He had an axe to grind against our Club now I feel .

Judge? f*ck off !

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:40 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:04 am
Mach losing judge would not be a loss. What did he actually contribute last season? We have to many midfielders as it is. Rowe can fill the not so big boots of Judge. If we get decent money for him so be it, i really don't give a f*ck if stays or goes, and RELEGATION wont depend on it either. :shock:
Absolutely spot on about that test Judge. I actually don’t want him to pull on a Town shirt again .

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:41 am

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:56 pm
I’d sell judge for 750k upwards.

As I mentioned in another thread

Rowe Nolan and Edwards behind a front two of Norwood and Jackson looks pretty good to me. Judge only cares about Judge, not a team player imo. Possess quality but what did he actually produce with it last year? Although I have no doubt he will be impressive in league one, he isn’t the vital piece of the puzzle to secure promotion, that’s Norwood and solid CB partnership.
Good post Thommy and spot on 👍

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:54 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:04 am

Derick losing Judge will be a loss. Perhaps a monumental loss given Evans' destroying policy. If Judge wants to go so be it. My main gripe is that we won't replace him with the similar kind of quality. Evans will get what he can for Judge and we will have to 'move on'. Judge is going to be replaced with another freebie, if he's replaced at all, and our decline continues.

A travesty that some fans are still so blind to the fact that Evans is asset stripping the club albeit so slowly that some cannot see it. Losing best players and replacing them with a worse sort is a reason of where we are today. Not replacing Webster, McGoldrick, Garner and Waghorn with an adequate quality was a final nail in the coffin in regard to the Championship status. Why our fans never learn?

So Evans is going to continue his policy and I'm telling you Derick : League Two beckons ! The question is when. 2022, 2023 or 2024?

As for Judge not having had as big impact as we would have liked I'll give you that but what makes you believe that Rowe is going to blossom? What has he contributed then ever since he's joined us? He has spent most of that time on loan at League Two.

Moreover what did other players contribute last season? The 'lovable' ones in Chambers and Skuse? What about the youngsters whom large number of our fans keep bigging up? That awful team wasn't even close to overtake Bolton. You knock Judge for lack of contribution but that applies to the rest of the team too.

Failing to replace Judge with the similar kind of quality will make us significantly worse.

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:20 pm

Apparently deal 99% done 1.2 million

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:24 pm

Ando wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:20 pm
If that's true it's a fair price. You can't blame him for wanting to play at a higher level. And sounds like we've held out for a good price.

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:32 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:24 pm
Ando wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:20 pm
If that's true it's a fair price. You can't blame him for wanting to play at a higher level. And sounds like we've held out for a good price.
Yeh if it’s true it’s a fair price as long as it’s reinvested into the squad

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:34 pm

Where have you seen this Ando?

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:02 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:34 pm
Where have you seen this Ando?

posted on talk of the town, so not from the most reliable source and yet to be confirmed.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:20 am

£1.2M ? 😳

I must’ve missed the good reports.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:21 am

Well if we get 1 million or 1.2 million... it’s good money.

If Evans had a budget plan, I don’t think selling Judge was part of it. In which case, that should be re-invested.

I understand there’s that 8 or 9 million that we we’re supposedly trying to recoup, but we’ve had months to run the numbers and make a plan. The fans backed the club with season ticket sales and so Evans should give back. It’s his money, but I can see the good-will imploding if that money doesn’t go into the transfer kitty. Fans aren’t going to keep the faith with season ticket sales and attending games if transfer money isn’t re-invested. The FFP issue and the shortfall in revenue can only be used so much.

This isn’t great timing as the season’s about to start. Pity this wasn’t dealt with a month ago. I hope Lambert is constantly in Evans’ ear as our squad is paper thin in some areas.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:43 am

Judge to stay at Ipswich.

One of my North West mates who is at PR today (Mike knows him, that is Clint) says he has spoken to Judge and Dozzell and they both have said they are going to stay with us.

The thing that QPR evidently not willing to meet asking price. Judge is playing in training match. Wouldn't be doing that if a move was imminent.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:20 pm

Good old Marcus.

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:44 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:20 pm
Good old Marcus.
😁

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:47 pm

Never doubted it :lol: :lol: :lol:

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:48 pm

And just as I posted that, my season ticket dropped through he door! Happy days

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:58 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:43 am

One of my North West mates who is at PR today (Mike knows him, that is Clint) says he has spoken to Judge and Dozzell and they both have said they are going to stay with us.

The thing that QPR evidently not willing to meet asking price. Judge is playing in training match. Wouldn't be doing that if a move was imminent.
QPR seem to think he will be announced the start of next week...

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:04 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:58 pm
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:43 am

QPR seem to think he will be announced the start of next week...
We need to wait and see what happens then.