Lambert's interview today ... he seems annoyed

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mach_Polish_Blue

Lambert's interview today ... he seems annoyed

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:51 pm

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/town-boss- ... -1-6180818

You can read between the lines what he feels.

If he loses his patience with Evans and his atrocious way of running the club and walks away at some point I won't blame him at all.

number 9

Re: Lambert's interview today ... he seems annoyed

Post by number 9 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:19 pm

I already posted that link, Mach. No worries though. :wink:

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:25 pm

Sorry didn't see that mate.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:25 pm

I think it’s good Lambert shows his frustration. It wasn’t too personal, but he publicly mentioned Marcus and Lee as the ones responsible. Good... a little nudge in the right direction. I think it’s right the manager should put a bit of pressure on the owner... it shouldn’t be warfare, but not too cosy on the other hand.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:49 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:25 pm
I think it’s good Lambert shows his frustration. It wasn’t too personal, but he publicly mentioned Marcus and Lee as the ones responsible. Good... a little nudge in the right direction. I think it’s right the manager should put a bit of pressure on the owner... it shouldn’t be warfare, but not too cosy on the other hand.
Whether it is Lambert or a different manager nothing is going to be built here because Evans asset strips the squad all of the time.

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:11 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:25 pm
I agree. That was MM's problem I think. He defended ME to the end; if it restricted his playing style he should have said so.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:15 pm

Lambert has done it spot on imo, i don't see anything wrong in stating he's found his targets and is now waiting for others to get their arses in gear lol.

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:25 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:15 pm
Lambert has done it spot on imo, i don't see anything wrong in stating he's found his targets and is now waiting for others to get their arses in gear lol.
Agreed

Ando

Post by Ando » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:32 pm

He didn’t actually say he is frustrated with ME. PL is the same as any manager they all get frustrated with transfer windows. I think Lambert is more frustrated with the process rather than an individual.

I can see no credible reason why ME would not prioritise trying to get the deals done it’s more likely the process that takes the time.

QPR fans are probably saying the same about their owner. Remember they have sold their assets and are trying to replace on the cheap.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:22 pm

Ando wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:32 pm
He didn’t actually say he is frustrated with ME. PL is the same as any manager they all get frustrated with transfer windows. I think Lambert is more frustrated with the process rather than an individual.

I can see no credible reason why ME would not prioritise trying to get the deals done it’s more likely the process that takes the time.

QPR fans are probably saying the same about their owner. Remember they have sold their assets and are trying to replace on the cheap.
You can read between the lines though now he feels.

We have had 2m or more in windfalls for Mings and Clarke that won't have been in the budget. He can't even use that to make us stronger. All about reducing the costs.

Ando

Post by Ando » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:38 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:22 pm
Ando wrote:

You can read between the lines though now he feels.

We have had 2m or more in windfalls for Mings and Clarke that won't have been in the budget. He can't even use that to make us stronger. All about reducing the costs.
Yes there is a 9million reduction in turnover so there is a need to reduce costs. PL Has already stated previously that the sell on clause money is received in instalments so until it’s all in we don’t have the 2 million.

The acid test will be if Judge does go will his fee be reinvested I am sure it will. I think ME is listening to PL and acting on his say regarding football matters this is evident in the Judge situation.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:13 am

Just to add to that last post, we do need to be aware that funds are spent in a variety of ways at a football club. We don't know what the bonus package is for this season for example. Who's to say that the 2m isn't already pledged in bonuses for promotion?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:51 pm

Ando wrote:

Spot on Ando ......looks like we’ve batted away QPR now...just hope no one else comes calling before that Championship window closes. 🤞