Judge to leave Town?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

arana peligrosa

Re: Judge to leave Town?

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:17 pm

Lambert featured on Sky television today talking transfers although didn't see it and not aware if Judge was mentioned. QPR won't buy because they're not prepared to move on an asking price if correct. What was it, 450,000 or something. Appeared in the team photo shoot for the upcoming season by all accounts and was spotted participating in a training routine with us also. Is that any guarantee he'll still be an Ipswich player in a month from now ?

Bottom line there's a certain extent of reassurances he'll remain with the team but as before wouldn't be at all surprised if he started with another club side at time of next season is underway.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:48 pm

Think Waghorn featured in a whole host of pre-season advertisements complete with offering his sense of humour last season, ......, then he went to Derby. Which wasn’t funny.

Only issue here is if Judge himself is pi$$ed off that the deal didn’t go through. Maybe he’d already spent the signing on fee in his head. Wee sports car to batter around the Shepherd’s Bush in.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:56 pm

Waghorn had kept telling us how happy he was at Ipswich. Then all of sudden change of mind when Derby offered him better wages. Lots of people wished him well. Why anger from some towards Judge then? What's the difference between Waghorn and Judge? Better wages and better league (in Judge's case) so don't get why some have been slagging him off for wanting to talk to QPR.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:45 am

We’ll have to wait and see if Judge leaves, but if QPR can’t meet the asking fee and Judge is still here - I can’t see Judge being a negative influence in the changing room. He joined us in January to play regular football - he could have stayed at Brentford and just played the odd game. It’s in his interests to play well - to get in the Ireland team and put himself in the shop window if he wants out. Maybe he enjoys playing football rather than sulking.

It’s a bit of an insult he wants to go to QPR, but I think it’s a timing thing. If Warburton was at QPR before Judge signed for us in April, then it would be a no-brainier for Judge to join Warburton at QPR on a free- on his doorstep, championship football, manager who likes him, etc.

I’m a bit miffed, but I don’t take it too personally against him. He would be a decent player in League 1.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:16 am

QPR have got to be one of the favourites to go down, they have just sold two players for 6.5m if they won't pay enough for Judge it says it all.
He would be playing in front of a smaller home crowd and if as expected they are in trouble Warburton could be sacked, with Town he will be playing every week and hopefully in a winning team. 😉

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:31 am

By all accounts there is more to Judge being keen on a move to QPR than meets the eye, I will leave it to AylesburyBlue to fill you in but it's not a case of him wanting away to join them for purely football reasons at all.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:25 am

QPR's pursuit of Ipswich winger Alan Judge looks to be over.

Rangers made a second bid of £450,000 but Ipswich want £750,000 for the 30-year-old, who signed a two-year contract in January.

QPR have also just announced that goalkeeper Seny Dieng has joined Doncaster on loan until January 4.

Hopefully very good news.⚽ ( Taken from Sky Sports news.)

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:22 pm

Town owner Marcus Evans is determined to hold on to targeted Blues pair Alan Judge and Andre Dozzell this summer, TWTD understands.

Judge is the subject of interest from QPR and has told manager Paul Lambert he is keen on the move, while Norwich City are among a number of Premier League clubs eyeing Dozzell, as TWTD revealed last week.

A report this morning claiming the Blues had set a price of £750,000 for Judge is wide of the mark, we understand, while Evans has similarly not put a figure on Dozzell’s head with interested parties, with Town believed to value the academy product at around the £5 million mark.

Evans - like Lambert - sees the two players as important to the club’s League One promotion hopes during 2019/20 and wants them to remain at Portman Road and it seems likely the Blues would rebuff all but the most over the top offers for the pair.

More good news.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:03 am

Looks like QPR have admitted defeat in buying Judge, whether someone else will come in as another matter.

Just hope he gives us his best following this episode.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:31 am
By all accounts there is more to Judge being keen on a move to QPR than meets the eye, I will leave it to AylesburyBlue to fill you in but it's not a case of him wanting away to join them for purely football reasons at all.
Something to do with his little girl being unwell by any chance ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:13 pm

Yes exactly that

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:06 am

Talk is he is going know where now. Ipswich has a hospital so why would need to go to QPR if his daughter is unwell? sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:31 am

Midfielder Alan Judge has revealed his daughter Emily requiring surgery in London was chief among the reasons a summer move to QPR appealed to him.

The Blues turned down a number of offers from the Championship side for Republic of Ireland international Judge, who had signed a new contract at Portman Road in April.

“QPR did come in for me. I know it was said that the move did appeal to me and, yes, it would have meant playing in the Championship but there were a number of other reasons why I would have been interested and they are personal reasons,” Judge said in a lengthy interview in Saturday’s programme.

“My daughter Emily needs two operations and she needs those operations in London and I was living five minutes away from the hospital.

“You ask any parent what comes into your mind first - your family, your kids. The welfare of my family is number one for me. Always will be. I’ve kept it quiet until now. Only a few people know about it at the club.

“I don’t want to go into the details of the surgery. There are two stages but they are big operations.

“I had to think about everything as a parent as much as a footballer and that’s why I felt staying in London and going to QPR was maybe the right thing to ask about. Sometimes more important things than football take over.

“I spoke to the owner and he said he understood my situation but wanted me to stay and that was the end of it. I was happy to get on with it from there.

“I can understand it that the fans can get disappointed if they hear a player wants to leave. They are entitled to their opinions but sometimes they are not aware of the full facts.

“I heard some comments that I didn’t care about the club and all that but those people don’t know me. I’m not like that. I’ve always given everything wherever I’ve been.

“When the supporters watched me play against Sunderland they probably though ‘Crikey, what’s going on with him?’. It was the same at Peterborough. I sat outside the dressing room after that game and thought to myself ‘I can’t even cross a ball’.

"The gaffer overheard me talking to myself and he knew where my head was and said it will come right in time.

“I feel I’m getting there now though. I’ve got over the [wrist] injury which put me back six weeks and my family have moved down to Ipswich this week which is massive for us as a family.

“My daughter will have her operations at the end of September so there is still the worry over that naturally but life is a bit calmer now and that will help my football

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:16 pm

Sounds like he had a decent reason to consider a move. Also, he’s admitted his form is sh*t. I’d like to think he’ll improve and be a good player over the coming season. Another who might deserve a bit of slack for the moment.

I’m not sure, though, where he’ll fit into the team. Wide left doesn’t suit him and I’d prefer Garbutt/Georgiou there. There’s a bit of competition in the centre of midfield.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:25 pm

While we had been aware of the rumours it is good of him to come out and make it official, there is no doubt I would be putting my children first above anything else so I don't blame him in the slightest and I do kinda apologise to the guy as I have been saying how crap he's been this season, they are human beings after all, same as Chambo with his mum suffering from cancer, if you are a postman, milkman, porter etc etc it affects you but you are not in the public eye, these people are so fair play to him and let's hope first and foremost that his daughter makes a full recovery.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:00 pm

As someone with a daughter who has had her share of operations and treatment, I can soooo feel for him. When that stuff happens, as a Father, there is nothing in the universe more important. Even now that my own daughter's issues are less (but not eliminated), the pain that you would do anything to help them, but that is the one thing you cannot fix is real as a Dad. Dad's are supposed to fix stuff, so when you can't - it hurts. I wish him and his daughter the best and think we will see much better from him now it has been aired they have a plan for her treatment. Either way, he has a lot of slack cut from my point of view now...

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:44 pm

Very well said Wilf and on the button, give the guy a break and make him welcome today, it will go along way.

We all know how hard as a man to come out with stuff like that so hats off to him.