Lambert sounds not too happy again

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mach_Polish_Blue

Lambert sounds not too happy again

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:43 pm

Underlining lack of care from Evans. Can't say I'm surprised as it's been obvious for years.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/big-interv ... -1-6192532

"You're right what you're saying," he says. "I could decide to go down the self-preservation route and say to Marcus (Evans) 'forget the training ground, forget the stadium, forget the kids, we'll just keep going with six, seven loans and just try and win games'..............mccarthy was happy with that and we had people telling us what a good job mccarthy was doing for the club. He was just happy with 1m in his bank account and didn't care about the club.

"I couldn't just sit there and see the club really fall with the way it was going. The training ground looked terrible, the stadium was run down. You could tell why it was where it was.

"For the football club to lose its community trust and lose a generation of supporters, for me, is absolutely diabolical. It should never have happened.

"The football club was falling on is feet. You've seen that. Nobody was coming, it was quiet, everything was wrong. Somewhere along the line someone has to say 'this has got to stop'.

"I told him he needed to see it with his own eyes, rather than being 3,000 miles away or seeing it on a Facebook page or in a newspaper. No, come and have a look and then see.

"Listen, Marcus has spent *puffs cheeks out*... Dear, oh dear, I dread to think what's come out of that man's pocket - millions and millions, it won't just be a £40 job - but if you don't care or take care of the infrastructure then you're setting yourself up for a fall.

AzzurroMark

Re: Lambert sounds not too happy again

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:26 pm

A fairly subjective article depending on personal view points. PL is obviously a manager who calls it precisely how he sees it and is not scared to express those views to ME. Justifiably he was unhappy with what he could see was happening to the community around ITFC, as could the vast majority of ITFC fans.

If a club becomes distant from the fans and the local community, coupled in turn with a stay-away owner, then you are going to be on a slippery slope. Fans become suspicious of an invisible owner and this is something PL must have pointed out to him. PR had become a horrible, toxic place towards the end of MM's tenure, the club was falling apart, something which PL deserves huge credit for finally starting to turn around.

In the line ""I don't care what anybody says, the club needs Marcus," says Lambert. "It needs him more than the club needs me or the staff. The football club doesn't need me. It needs the owner to be the custodian of the club and be saying 'we make this decision'. makes an observation that most fans who lean more to a Pro-Evans stance (of which i have no qualms in including myself) would support.

Therefore we are left with 2 options; if you can't throw mountains of cash at it, then you must develiop the infrastructure already in place; in this case the youth. PL makes this clear, as well as preparing us for what is not going to be an overnight fix. We are in effect shopping in the bargain basement hoping to bring in players who, while might be seen as cast offs in some cases, but who will hopefully make up for it in their desire to play for a club with a proud history.

We don't know what goes on inside the football club we love. We all have our views and yes i would love us to spend money and make a signing which is a statement of intent, but i am happy to see where our youth can help to take us, even if we do not appear to have a Kieron Dyer or Darren Bent calibre player among them. Hopefully they will compliment the signing of Norwood, Holy and the Garbutt loan.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:48 pm

And that bit in bold is exactly right, this club does need Marcus Evans more than anyone else, like it or loathe it but it's fact, I despair at the ignorance of some who want him gone without any form of back up plan whatsoever, its very short sighted and potentially catastrophic. Evans openly said he would consider offers for the club if they were good for the club, none have been forthcoming, it's easy to blame the current owner for our plight when in truth there are scores of people who should potentially be held accountable.

As for Lambert, I believe he has done a remarkable job in turning this club around off the pitch, that had to be done against all the odds and he's achieved it, clearly results now need to be achieved too as the honeymoon period is over, I believe they will follow.

Some like to mimic the Five point plan Evans revealed some time back but yet the self same fans moan about relying on youth which was the main point of the plan, either they want it or they dont? I believe our academy is going in the right direction and producing some very good kids, Downes, El Mizouni and Lankester to name but Three and let's not Forget Ben Knight and Flores who were stolen by Premier league clubs!!! I seem to recall some saying we would lose all our decent academy prospects to that lot up the road with their category A academy but it hasn't happened despite an uneven playing field.

Another of the things from the Five point plan was that we would play better and more attractive Football, again I think few would argue that we have achieved this under Lambert despite results and relegation, again I remember some saying they would take defeat every week and better Football, well we pretty much got that but they have short memories and suddenly defeat every week isn't as palatable as they thought.

Mock Evans all you like people but its pretty short sighted in my book and not particularly well thought out, I don't believe wanting him gone with no alternative is having the best interests of our club at heart.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:48 pm
And that bit in bold is exactly right, this club does need Marcus Evans more than anyone else, like it or loathe it but it's fact, I despair at the ignorance of some who want him gone without any form of back up plan whatsoever, its very short sighted and potentially catastrophic. Evans openly said he would consider offers for the club if they were good for the club, none have been forthcoming, it's easy to blame the current owner for our plight when in truth there are scores of people who should potentially be held accountable.

As for Lambert, I believe he has done a remarkable job in turning this club around off the pitch, that had to be done against all the odds and he's achieved it, clearly results now need to be achieved too as the honeymoon period is over, I believe they will follow.

Some like to mimic the Five point plan Evans revealed some time back but yet the self same fans moan about relying on youth which was the main point of the plan, either they want it or they dont? I believe our academy is going in the right direction and producing some very good kids, Downes, El Mizouni and Lankester to name but Three and let's not Forget Ben Knight and Flores who were stolen by Premier league clubs!!! I seem to recall some saying we would lose all our decent academy prospects to that lot up the road with their category A academy but it hasn't happened despite an uneven playing field.

Another of the things from the Five point plan was that we would play better and more attractive Football, again I think few would argue that we have achieved this under Lambert despite results and relegation, again I remember some saying they would take defeat every week and better Football, well we pretty much got that but they have short memories and suddenly defeat every week isn't as palatable as they thought.

Mock Evans all you like people but its pretty short sighted in my book and not particularly well thought out, I don't believe wanting him gone with no alternative isn't having the best interests of our club at heart.
Aha Mike ! So just because there is no buyer at the moment then we can't criticise him for what he's done to our club? All is fine with saviour Marcus because we ain't Bolton or Bury, eh?

You mention our academy...... Evans sees an academy as a chance to recouping his losses. He doesn't care about the club. He wants his money back.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:15 pm

I haven't said you can't criticise him at all, feel free, we all know you will anyway. Neither have I mentioned Bury or Bolton, I don't really give a sh*t about them tbh but the fact remains we could be next.

I would like you to give me a detailed explanation as to how Evans can possibly expect to recoup his losses when we are around 100 Million in debt and rising every week, especially as it is widely recognised by most at the club that he will never get any of it back.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:24 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:15 pm
I haven't said you can't criticise him at all, feel free, we all know you will anyway. Neither have I mentioned Bury or Bolton, I don't really give a sh*t about them tbh but the fact remains we could be next.

I would like you to give me a detailed explanation as to how Evans can possibly expect to recoup his losses when we are around 100 Million in debt and rising every week, especially as it is widely recognised by most at the club that he will never get any of it back.
By selling our young assets ! Simple. Not a rocket science. Obviously he won't recoup all of that just a part.

Do you want to tell us we do the things right way? Haven't all these years of the club's incompetence and ongoing decline taught you anything? Even if we get back up to the Championship we will be even further behind the competition as we won't be able to compete with the likes of Brentford who pay 5.5m on Jansson...... Brentford ! What a time to be alive !

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:59 pm

No it isnt rocket science, we have had to sell the likes of Wickham, Mings etc to survive, a businesses accounts take all that into account believe it or not and we still make losses every week so without those sales we would be further in the sh*te. What it has taught me is that most have no idea how a business works, profit and loss and all that, a loss occurs when your outgoings exceed your incomings, pretty simple really.

Our problems started way before Evans, Administration was here way before Evans arrived to bail us out when nobody else wanted to know. We all get that he's made some big errors (I.E. Keane etc) but this asset stripping nonsense doesn't add up or hold any substance, he outlined it all perfectly clearly when he did the interview in that he is only allowed to invest so much, even Lambert is saying it and he's not been bsckward in coming forward with his opinions.

You dont seem to like it when people compare us to Bury or Bolton to justify a opinion and yet you do it with Brentford? Isn't that a bit of a case of double standards?

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:29 pm

We have had to sell the likes of Wickham or Mings.........Where did the money go then? Following the Mings' sale 'saviour' Marcus funded the deals for such gems like Coke, Toure, Malarczyk, Yorwerth etc etc......tell us it was a sensible policy, eh? What a progress we've been making to date, eh?

Leon Best as a replacement for Murphy :lol: :lol: :lol: And you kept defending Evans.

Most have no idea how a business works, profit and loss and all that....... Aha ! When it comes to Evans' policy for the club your knowledge seems to be big Mike.

Not a double standards. It's actually funny when I hear number of people using Bolton/Bury situation to defend saviour Marcus. While our decline continues people will be using other clubs' problems to keep the torch for him. Even if we find ourselves in League Two or lower in the next few years.

Evans is just waiting for fans expectations to settle at a reasonable level then our crusade to fund the club on a League Two level can commence.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:39 pm

Mach, i think the majority of fans, myself included, have been frustrated with ME at times. He has made mistakes & will no doubt continue to make mistakes. He has taken gambles which have not paid off, but isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? I would have liked him to be more prominent and would argue that buying a football club is possibly unwise when you court privacy..

Sport, football in particular, has so many social media experts who know so much better than those within the clubs. That applies to whether you have a positive or negative view. We can access football club account details, compare with average Championship clubs spending several million on a single player or an overspending team finding themselves on the brink of oblivion. However, there comes a point we have to agree to disagree, but that said i would rather be guided by PL's candid views, afterall he is more in the know and if he says Ipswich needs Marcus my opinion would tend to be more swayed by that.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:55 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:29 pm
We have had to sell the likes of Wickham or Mings.........Where did the money go then? Following the Mings' sale 'saviour' Marcus funded the deals for such gems like Coke, Toure, Malarczyk, Yorwerth etc etc......tell us it was a sensible policy, eh? What a progress we've been making to date, eh?

Leon Best as a replacement for Murphy :lol: :lol: :lol: And you kept defending Evans.

Most have no idea how a business works, profit and loss and all that....... Aha ! When it comes to Evans' policy for the club your knowledge seems to be big Mike.

Not a double standards. It's actually funny when I hear number of people using Bolton/Bury situation to defend saviour Marcus
. While our decline continues people will be using other clubs' problems to keep the torch for him. Even if we find ourselves in League Two or lower in the next few years.

Evans is just waiting for fans expectations to settle at a reasonable level then our crusade to fund the club on a League Two level can commence.
On the flip side (having observed some recent debates on here), is it any different to using Charlton's fans protests against their owner as a negative towards the many Ipswich fans who accept our limitations. I just want to see the more positive vibes that have fortunately crept back into the veins of our football club continue to flow without protests against ME acting as a tourniquet.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:00 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:39 pm
Mach, i think the majority of fans, myself included, have been frustrated with ME at times. He has made mistakes & will no doubt continue to make mistakes. He has taken gambles which have not paid off, but isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? I would have liked him to be more prominent and would argue that buying a football club is possibly unwise when you court privacy..

Sport, football in particular, has so many social media experts who know so much better than those within the clubs

Statement of the season already Sir, and it hasn't even started yet.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:06 pm

I'm not sure I'm going to get through but I'll try again, our horrendous debts are after these "gems " have been sold, just think what they would be without the sales of the players we speak of, I Remember being virtually the only person who rated Murphy prior to his incredible season and suddenly he's everyone's messiah, jumping on the bandwagon when before that most would have ditched him so pretty good business on Evans part.

Recently Mach you have been saying our academy players aren't any good and are overhyped etc but here you bemoan Evans for selling this tripe off ? Which is it ?

What do you mean "where has the money gone" ? It offsets massive debts, or at least a small part of it, we all know the players you speak of were poor but they are carefully selected, what about players like Priskin 1.6m Taylor 1.7m to name but Two, we splashed the cash and f*cked it up thanks to crap managers who did Evans no favours at all. My knowledge of Evans policy for the club is no bigger than your insight into his shortcomings and shady deals which he is repeatedly accused of, but my knowledge stretches wide enough to know that come this Monday he will be writing the cheque to keep the club afloat, and the following Monday, and the One after that and after that and after that etc etc etc until such time as someone else fancies a go.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:20 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:00 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:39 pm

Sport, football in particular, has so many social media experts who know so much better than those within the clubs

Statement of the season already Sir, and it hasn't even started yet.

Thank you.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:24 pm

have you ever tried either talking to this wall Mike or banging you head against it.Anyway have a great day tomorrow with the real Town fans far from home again.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:30 pm

I’m gonna play devils’ advocate here, but if we couldn’t afford transfer fees as a Championship club how the hell can we afford them now? Face it, it’s the new normal for ITFC. We’re in the sh*t, so the only thing to do now is get behind the club and hope we get back to the Championship in the near future. It’s too late for investment...we’re in survival mode!

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:14 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:06 pm
I'm not sure I'm going to get through but I'll try again, our horrendous debts are after these "gems " have been sold, just think what they would be without the sales of the players we speak of, I Remember being virtually the only person who rated Murphy prior to his incredible season and suddenly he's everyone's messiah, jumping on the bandwagon when before that most would have ditched him so pretty good business on Evans part.

Recently Mach you have been saying our academy players aren't any good and are overhyped etc but here you bemoan Evans for selling this tripe off ? Which is it ?

What do you mean "where has the money gone" ? It offsets massive debts, or at least a small part of it, we all know the players you speak of were poor but they are carefully selected, what about players like Priskin 1.6m Taylor 1.7m to name but Two, we splashed the cash and f*cked it up thanks to crap managers who did Evans no favours at all. My knowledge of Evans policy for the club is no bigger than your insight into his shortcomings and shady deals which he is repeatedly accused of, but my knowledge stretches wide enough to know that come this Monday he will be writing the cheque to keep the club afloat, and the following Monday, and the One after that and after that and after that etc etc etc until such time as someone else fancies a go.
Our horrendous debt that keep rising and rising while Evans is in charge !

As for your question regarding academy players I've said that he sees an academy as a chance to recouping his losses.

Murphy's departure pretty good business on Evans part? Shame it was ITFC who paid a painful price for this.

So the money from sale went to offset massive debts and due to that the outcome would be obvious. That was always gonna be a relegation to League One. We deserved than more than anyone else despite you avidly saying a few years ago that it wouldn't happen. What else can happen for the people like you to realise that we are never going to progress as a club with him 'writing cheques' ? Lack of potential buyer at the moment but that doesn't stop Evans getting a free pass every summer from number of our fans.

And as you say this Monday the Santa Marcus will be writing the cheque to keep the club afloat. He will beneficently do this because he prefers to do so without a viable plan to recoup it other than hoping that some academy product thrives.

Exactly a week ago Lambert said following the Notts County game: 'We need, I think, at least three to come in, we've identified lads and now it's over to (owner) Marcus (Evans) and (general manager of football operations) Lee (O'Neill) to try and get them in. The lads I've identified wouldn't be loans. It's over to the club now…"

So what has been done since that interview? NOTHING !. We've had all summer to reinforce the defence and known since the end of June that Norwood and Jackson are our only 2 fit strikers so we've essentially spent the best part of 2 months d!cking around with out of contract trialists and chasing an injured player we then decide is too injured to sign.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:21 pm

It’s history, and it doesn’t matter anymore, but let’s say it again........
RK: “It’s not that difficult a league. I’ll do it in one season.”

Mevans shoots his “wallet” load, RK empties real football players, signs Sunday league players..... Mevans stung good and proper, he’ll never trust anyone fully again, .....

And as 9 says, “in the sh*t”.

Not Mevans........ King RK.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:05 am

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:24 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:15 pm

By selling our young assets ! Simple. Not a rocket science. Obviously he won't recoup all of that just a part.

Do you want to tell us we do the things right way? Haven't all these years of the club's incompetence and ongoing decline taught you anything? Even if we get back up to the Championship we will be even further behind the competition as we won't be able to compete with the likes of Brentford who pay 5.5m on Jansson...... Brentford ! What a time to be alive !
Did you not criticise me for using other Clubs as an example to support a point ???😂
The reason little ole Brentford can pay £5m on a player is because they disbanded their own academy and therefore don’t pump £m’s into it any longer, but instead choose to direct that money at targeted players to bring in.

Town have opted to go the academy root. I’m sure even you can understand the difficulties Clubs face trying to ward off PL vultures, waving fat contracts under the noses of our best youngsters. Of course we will struggle to hold onto them. But such is the uneven playing field between PL Clubs moneybag clubs and championship clubs that clubs like ours haven’t a hole in hell of retaining our very best youngsters , but more importantly , nor do we stand a hole in hell of receiving an equitable fee for all the development work we have invested in these kids .

Tell us Mach. PWhat do you honestly expect the owner to do , to compete with the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:01 am

https://www.twtd.co.uk/livecam/83 Now PL is really pissed off in this!!

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:23 am

Well I am pretty positive generally and was very upbeat until I saw the press conference this morning. To have any sport or business leader with that kind of body language is really really worrying. That will undoubtedly pass on to the players. It may build their resolve to stick together but what must someone like Norwood feel like if he watches his boss act like that? If it is true that ME is treating PL like that then I am really worried cos there is clearly no relationship between the two of any merit. If we start badly, I really cannot see PL still here by October - if he is that pissed off, he will walk. If I felt like that in my job, I would certainly walk. It would interest me to get a view from ME again but how can he hold his head up and look us, the fans in the eye after that?! I just hope we win a few to get the feel good factor up cos PL is almost depressed from the look of that interview! I know we need ME's money to stay afloat but for him to let the relationship fall away so dramatically - and for relatively little money in footballing terms is a huge concern....

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:44 am

Tbh even though I dont know the bloke ME is not doing all he could, when he bought in he knew ulit wouldnt be cheap surely, this is more than just a business venture mate, very rarely your going to make money in a football club without seriously investing in it first, he's dabbled but not waded in as far ai I am concerned. I am grateful for him trying but he just does have his heart in it, to me personally he is not getting a good investment, he just does not give a toss about the fans. Just take a look at Leicester, that poor guy who sadly died the club and the fans, we need somebody to love us lol.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:23 am

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:05 am

Did you not criticise me for using other Clubs as an example to support a point ???😂
The reason little ole Brentford can pay £5m on a player is because they disbanded their own academy and therefore don’t pump £m’s into it any longer, but instead choose to direct that money at targeted players to bring in.

Town have opted to go the academy root. I’m sure even you can understand the difficulties Clubs face trying to ward off PL vultures, waving fat contracts under the noses of our best youngsters. Of course we will struggle to hold onto them. But such is the uneven playing field between PL Clubs moneybag clubs and championship clubs that clubs like ours haven’t a hole in hell of retaining our very best youngsters , but more importantly , nor do we stand a hole in hell of receiving an equitable fee for all the development work we have invested in these kids .

Tell us Mach. PWhat do you honestly expect the owner to do , to compete with the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City?
I did criticise you for putting an article of one Sunderland view as their situation is different to Ipswich. They're in a bit different financial world, they still keep receiving parachute payments so still don't know what is 'sobering' for us as you have labelled that. When I put a different view of a different Sunderland fan you've gone quiet :lol: That one didn't suit you did it? :lol:

You insulted me on here, you said you have no wish to see me during the matchdays, you told me to shut my f**k up, you have been slating me......all of that because of opinions. Today all of sudden you react to my post ......why keep talking to me then? Make your mind up what you want from me as it's difficult to keep up with you.

Wonder if you are gonna give Alan Judge dogs abuse at Burton (if you're going) or against Sunderland next week as you had been doing so during his QPR saga. Or is it going to be same quick transition as you did with Evans, from slagging off a person to talk nicely of him?

As for your last question I can't be arsed repeating what I've said before and what I expect from the club. It's been done to death so make your own conclusions, think what you want, don't ask us stupid questions or once again make your mind up re what you want from me as it's difficult to keep up with you.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:37 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:01 am
Lambert pissed off? HEAR HEAR !!!

SURPRISE SURPRISE !!!

He keeps underlining the problems we're facing at the moment. The way he talks is very, very telling. No doubt that those who have 'the clubs interest at heart' will keep polishing the turd and strongly defending their beloved Marcus.

If we start the season badly I wouldn't be surprised to see the headlines: 'Lamberts contract terminated by mutual consent'. Won't blame at all for walking away as who will want to work with Evans?

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:58 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:01 am
I just watched this and it has made me a little worried...

Historically I have been pro Evans, purely because the debt is his not Ipswich’s and I will always be grateful for that.... however seeing how hurt and frustrated Lambert is I have flipped, I will always support Lambert over Evans as I believe Lambert will have had realistic targets in mind and not be wanting to spend millions upon millions. Evans needs to sack O’neil, spend a small amount of cash on 2 signings and get the renovation back on track.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:05 pm

Very telling indeed. One of his replies regarding Mevans and not buying a single player....., “you don’t need to be Einstein to work it out.”

And he may fumble about touching his nose and ears while answering slightly awkward stuff, but just watch him stop that shyte and look directly at you when you’re saying stuff that isn’t correct, ie, Bristol Rovers money; he certainly let that journo know the situation with proper eye to eye contact. Well done, Paul..... that’s much better. More of that in interviews, leave yer ears alone! :D
And very nice Judge joke.
Journo: Where is Alan judges head at the moment?
PL: On his shoulders at the minute.
:lol: Nice! 👍

Pat on the back to the attending fans as well. He loves you all. 👌

I think a summary of all the ITFC fans thinking would be that, although Mevans saved the club 12 years ago, and is continuing to inject “float” money, (which is definitely gracious) I think the time has come for hopefully a new, perhaps wealthier, owner to buy over the club.
Realistically though, after Jambo bstd Berra’s OG, that possible chance went out the window!

On a side note: missed the news of Gwion Edwards being injured. That’s not good news at all.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:12 pm

People can squabble all they like, but the bottom line is Lambert knows more about running a football club than anyone here, he is also far deeper in the running of Ipswich Town than anyone here. Why not listen to the bloke? He could save this football club and I fear if he goes, then we will be so far deep in the sh*t we might not smell air again until Conference level, we are very lucky to have him.

Stupid squabbling between two camps:

The Frugal Club

This Camp are saying we are right to be careful with finances and we cannot risk the existence of the club - They think the other camp are asking Evans to do an Abromovic and throw money at the team.

The Speculate to Accumulate Club

This Camp are saying that without some investment or keeping hold of our best players then the club cannot succeed - They think the other camp are supporting Evans, see him as the messiah and don't mind Conference football so long as the club doesn't risk it's existence.

Why is everyone so polarising? I think everyone can see that Evans has made some terrible errors with player purchase and sales and everyone can see that without an owner we would have been in deeper sh*t. So it shouldn't be one lot against the other, I think opinions are probably closer than most think.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:28 pm

Ricco wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:12 pm
People can squabble all they like, but the bottom line is Lambert knows more about running a football club than anyone here, he is also far deeper in the running of Ipswich Town than anyone here. Why not listen to the bloke? He could save this football club and I fear if he goes, then we will be so far deep in the sh*t we might not smell air again until Conference level, we are very lucky to have him.

Stupid squabbling between two camps:

The Frugal Club

This Camp are saying we are right to be careful with finances and we cannot risk the existence of the club - They think the other camp are asking Evans to do an Abromovic and throw money at the team.

The Speculate to Accumulate Club

This Camp are saying that without some investment or keeping hold of our best players then the club cannot succeed - They think the other camp are supporting Evans, see him as the messiah and don't mind Conference football so long as the club doesn't risk it's existence.

Why is everyone so polarising? I think everyone can see that Evans has made some terrible errors with player purchase and sales and everyone can see that without an owner we would have been in deeper sh*t. So it shouldn't be one lot against the other, I think opinions are probably closer than most think.
👍 yep, spot on.

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Ricco wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:12 pm

Why is everyone so polarising?
A very good post. And in my opinion we live in an increasingly polarised society. Some of the blame lies with the printed media and even more with social media where everything is black or white. Just look at Brexit as an example. When Theresa May (who I have little time for) tried to steer a moderate path she was pilloried by both sides.
Last edited by Andym on Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:57 pm

The art of discussion and conversation are gone. It’s about who’s right and who’s wrong and “look at me” these days. It’s why I’m on my third “No I’m not on f**king Facebook” t-shirt. Fudge donuts mainly to blame for that.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:12 pm

Did somebody mention donuts??? Mmmmm