Luke Garbutt out for a month

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

barmy billy

Re: Luke Garbutt out for a month

Post by barmy billy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:50 am

Ricco wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:43 am
Charnwood wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:28 am
I just wish we could get away from slagging Evans off for a while and simply enjoy the football whilst it lasts.
The point that Mach is making, is that there was no mention of Evans in this thread until tang and now you.

Not arguing particularly, I agree we should try and stay away from negativity, but jumping on everything that is negative and saying it is an attack on Evans is not right either. We lost a match, who really cares, no one really, is it fair to talk about some of the players or mentality involved? Sure. Even if it's negative? Sure.

I have avoided the whole Evans debate deliberately, hence my comments. As Charnwood says, let's just enjoy the football.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:39 am

Was just trying to accept and come to terms with the whole Garbutt out for 4 or 5 weeks issue ...... then Adele’s new single came on the radio.
Fk me. Kill me now.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:04 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:50 am
let's just enjoy the football.
I'm trying to, can't exactly go and enjoy the cricket instead, get Adele opening, she's far better at getting singles than Roy.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:07 pm

What about Ashes to Ashes?

This cricket 🤷‍♂️
English bro in law: Mark. It’s important because .....
🤦‍♂️
Bro in law: Noooo, listen....
Go home, Chris 🙏

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:14 pm

You'd rather talk about the Calcutta cup? :wink:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:06 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:39 am
Was just trying to accept and come to terms with the whole Garbutt out for 4 or 5 weeks issue ...... then Adele’s new single came on the radio.
Fk me. Kill me now.
She did Skyfall. In truth it were a very good tune, can't say the same for anything else she's brought to the industry.

Looked on News Now and there isn't much else to include by way of transfer news that hasn't already been brought to attention. Maybe not the thread for it but since we're here. The Vincent Young kid we've supposed to have agreed terms for, don't recognize the name but seems to have collected favorable reviews and perhaps one for the future.

As for Garbutt, it's a shame he'll be inactive for the time specified. Seems to have found his place here albeit in short time and made some instances of notice.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Ricco wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:43 am
Charnwood wrote:
I just wish we could get away from slagging Evans off for a while and simply enjoy the football whilst it lasts.
The point that Mach is making, is that there was no mention of Evans in this thread until tang and now you.

Not arguing particularly, I agree we should try and stay away from negativity, but jumping on everything that is negative and saying it is an attack on Evans is not right either. We lost a match, who really cares, no one really, is it fair to talk about some of the players or mentality involved? Sure. Even if it's negative? Sure.

“Not arguing particularly”...... really Ricco ?....

So when Mach posted .....”We know who we can thank for taking the club to the current level”.........who do you think he was referring to ?

Knowing Mach as I do and chatting to him about it at Burton a couple of weeks back I know exactly who he was referring to and as much as I agree with him on this one I just don’t like it taking over almost every thread as it gets tiresome.

As for your penultimate question from “We lost a match..........” through to ? Sure. Even if it’s negative ? Sure”........ you’ve lost me completely so I can’t even try to respond, but hopefully you’re not expecting me to.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:16 pm

saint jude wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:06 pm
She did Skyfall.........
And she did a great job. Every time I hear it, I too want to Skyfall ——> without a parachute.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:54 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:57 pm
“Not arguing particularly”...... really Ricco ?....

So when Mach posted .....”We know who we can thank for taking the club to the current level”.........who do you think he was referring to ?
Yeah well, I did miss that bit, but it was after a few people had already claimed the thread had gone off course!! (which it hadn't)

And no, I'm not particularly arguing with you, you said...
Charnwood wrote:
And I completely agree, we should stop going on about Evans, everyone has said their piece now and it's getting tiresome, but here's my point... Mach started a thread largely about Garbutt, but also about a few other players, the thread actually remained in that vein. All I'm saying is lets not lump all negativity in with Evans bashing, they can be completely separate, and were, not all Mach says from this point should be seen as a dig at Evans.
Charnwood wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:57 pm
you’ve lost me completely so I can’t even try to respond, but hopefully you’re not expecting me to.
I may not be one of the main posters on this forum, but I think you've known me long enough to know I'm not childish and won't get drawn in to the silly bickering games that others have on this forum recently, I wasn't trying to pull one over you or be a smart-arse, I'm am literally agreeing with you and all I was saying it that it was perfectly fair for people to criticise players or performances if they so wish as was form early in the thread. Hope I've managed to be clearer this time.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:53 pm

Ricco, whilst you might not see yourself as one of the main posters on here I think you are, furthermore I see you as a valued contributor to the forum making sensible well balanced comments. I think on this occasion our exchanges have run their course, (maybe some minor misunderstandings) and it’s time to move on. I hope you agree.

Like you I’ve tried to avoid getting drawn into the recent bickering and fall outs which from where I sit are completely unnecessary and unwelcome.

Whilst I’ve not always practised what I preach, I think sometimes when posters get embroiled in an argument they should “save” their post overnight and read it over a couple of times the next day before going “live”. I think if we all did this some of the nasty comments would get toned down a bit and be less offensive.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:03 am

Oh yes, agreed and agreed, lets hope for a string of good league results so the mood around these parts become much improved!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:18 am

My concern that Garbutt missing for a month might have a negative impact on our teams performance may have been justified given yesterday’s performance at Peterborough.

I’d be interested to know who fulfilled his attacking midfield role and how they compared with his performance at Burton and v Sunderland before he went off injured.

I’m not sure we have anyone else at his level of ability.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:23 am

It was Gwion Edwards and while he did "ok" at times I do think we lacked the energy not to mention Garbutt's eye for goal and taking shots, that said Edwards did have one really good long dipping effort which Pym did well to claw away and we have to remember how long Edwards has been out for but yes I would rather have seen Luke Garbutt in there. The thing is Andy it may be that points and results wise we don't miss Garbutt at all, I feel we have every chance of winning the next Three in August against Wimbledon, Bolton & Shrewsbury so if we were to take Ten points from the Four games he is likely to miss we won't have missed him at all, of course it's all ifs and buts and time will tell.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Hence you can see why PL wants another two experienced players in the Full Backs area, if we tighten the defence up we will surely go onto better results, But Markus must allow this to happen, maybe another striker just to cover any unfortunate injuries.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:22 pm

I think another striker is definitely in the pipeline, just hope its not Elliott or Keane

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:06 am

I still get the feeling we will be back in for that Millwall striker......he’s back in training now, and perhaps we were just waiting for him to get fit before pursuing it further. Thus avoiding unnecessary wages.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:57 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:06 am
I still get the feeling we will be back in for that Millwall striker......he’s back in training now, and perhaps we were just waiting for him to get fit before pursuing it further. Thus avoiding unnecessary wages.

Nice to see you back Liz. 👍