Points in October?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

JohnnyB

Points in October?

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Reckon Town will stay top with a win over Tranmere on Saturday and it’s been a great September but what do we think about October? Some more challenging games I reckon and I can see 8 points out of 15.

Fleetwood L
Wycombe D
Accrington D
Rotherham W
Southend W

Would that be enough to stay top? Not sure but if we’re still top 3 I’d be reasonably happy

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Points in October?

Post by Bluemike » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:28 pm

Assuming the Wycombe game goes ahead I can see us getting Ten points, I think we are due a defeat and Fleetwood could well be it as a tough place to go, I have put a win against Rotherham but that is tricky too so your Eight is a possibility also, I think we will beat Wycombe & Southend at home while Accrington away is also a possible win but have stayed conservative on that one. I think Ten points would see us stay top.

Fleetwood L
Wycombe W
Accrington D
Rotherham W
Southend W

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:39 pm

Have you both gone for Accrington draws because we are on Sky?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Nope but I won't be watching on sky as just purchased my ticket.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:52 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:28 pm
Assuming the Wycombe game goes ahead I can see us getting Ten points, I think we are due a defeat and Fleetwood could well be it as a tough place to go, I have put a win against Rotherham but that is tricky too so your Eight is a possibility also, I think we will beat Wycombe & Southend at home while Accrington away is also a possible win but have stayed conservative on that one. I think Ten points would see us stay top.

Fleetwood L
Wycombe W
Accrington D
Rotherham W
Southend W
Your forgetting Mike the Bluespook is going to Fleetwood and she never sees Town lose. :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:07 am

At least another point then!!!!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:33 am

Out of that lot - Rotherham could be the toughest. They haven’t had the best of starts, but they’re just down from the Championship and no mugs.

I’d take a draw at Fleetwood.

10 points from those five games and I’d say it’s a decent month.Anything less, I’d be a bit dissapointed and anything more a bonus.

Could be 4 games if the Wycombe game is called off due to the international break. I hope not - unless Downes is called up I’d say we can cope without the ‘international’ players.

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:02 am

well im going all out

Fleetwood WIN
Wycombe to right, WIN
Accrington f**king smash em for a WIN
Rotherham Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin
Southend rip em a new shrimps as*hole - WIN

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:29 pm

I like your style Quasar lol

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:23 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:28 pm

Fleetwood L
Wycombe W
Accrington D
Rotherham W
Southend W

Aw no Mike, you must be pissed, it’s going to be....

Fleetwood W
Wycombe W
Accrington W
Rotherham W
Southend W

Onwards and upwards 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:02 pm

That's the spirit !!

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:22 pm

I think he's been on the spirit Mike but hope he's right.😱

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:42 pm

Fleetwood D
Wycombe W
Accrington W
Rotherham D
Southend W

We won't lose a game all season :)

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:21 pm

I sincerely hope I’m wrong and we grab three points at Fleetwood. If we do that, I’ll be more than happy to revise expectations. COYB!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:30 pm

JohnnyB wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:45 pm
Reckon Town will stay top with a win over Tranmere on Saturday and it’s been a great September but what do we think about October? Some more challenging games I reckon and I can see 8 points out of 15.

Fleetwood L
Wycombe D
Accrington D
Rotherham W
Southend W

Would that be enough to stay top? Not sure but if we’re still top 3 I’d be reasonably happy
Tranmere Home Win
Fleetwood Away Tie
Wycombe Home Win
Accrington Away Tie
Rotherham Home Tie
Southend Away Lose

There's apparently another Gillingham game in there somewhere (so says the official team page fixture list) but only going by what's presented in the above.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:20 am

The Gillingham game is a cup tie saint

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:32 am

Looks like Lambert is erring towards cancelling the Wycombe game.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... -1-6290116

I think we should play it. Lambert’s been going on about squad rotation ... so a perfect time to rotate. None of our best players will be involved - unless Downes is called up. And we could even deal without him or request he plays for us instead of a meaningless under 20 international.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:37 pm

I am edgeing towards agreeing with Lambo on this one, normally I would hate the thought of calling it off but having a game in hand and maintaining top spot while keeping the squad fresh is no bad thing, I do concede we rarely play well after a break but god that has to change soon !! We also have long trips to Accrington and Fleetwood coming up so on this occasion I can kinda see the reasoning behind it should it be rescheduled.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:03 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:37 pm
I am edgeing towards agreeing with Lambo on this one, normally I would hate the thought of calling it off but having a game in hand and maintaining top spot while keeping the squad fresh is no bad thing, I do concede we rarely play well after a break but god that has to change soon !! We also have long trips to Accrington and Fleetwood coming up so on this occasion I can kinda see the reasoning behind it should it be rescheduled.
I’d play it because it’s good to keep momentum (assuming we don’t nose-dive in the next couple of games) and we’ve now got a big, competitive squad. At the moment, we’re leaving decent players out of the Matchday 18. In a months time or two months time we might have picked up a few significant injuries which might fall around re-scheduled matches. Being on a luxury coach for a couple of hours more to Accrington and Fleetwood shouldn’t really be a major problem, especially as they usually travel the day before.

And, most importantly and selfishly, Saturdays aren’t the same without Town playing. I hate international breaks - and they should only take into consideration players who are first team regulars ie maybe Judge and Downes ( if selected). Therefore, we wouldn’t be eligible to cancel.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:28 pm

You're right about Saturday's not being the same, that much is certain.

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:37 pm
We haven't won a game after the international break for 5 years I believe :astroll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:01 pm

Stop being superstitious lol.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:36 pm

Next two fixtures are now top of the table clashes - third place Fleetwood and second place Wycombe. I said a loss at Fleetwood and a draw at home to Wycombe and I think both results still possible, much as I’d love Town to smash it in both of course.

But there’s got to be a lot of confidence in the squad to take up north though after the Tranmere result which is a factor.

If we can get anything at Fleetwood I think that’s a good outcome. Four points from both games should see Town still top; six points and we can start thinking seriously about the championship next year.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:08 pm

JohnnyB wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:36 pm
Next two fixtures are now top of the table clashes - third place Fleetwood and second place Wycombe. I said a loss at Fleetwood and a draw at home to Wycombe and I think both results still possible, much as I’d love Town to smash it in both of course.

But there’s got to be a lot of confidence in the squad to take up north though after the Tranmere result which is a factor.

If we can get anything at Fleetwood I think that’s a good outcome. Four points from both games should see Town still top; six points and we can start thinking seriously about the championship next year.
That Fleetwood game looks a six-pointer. I’ll take a point, but I can’t see why we shouldn’t be trying to win that game... and put more distance from third place. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lambert and Barton get involved in some handbags... both fiery characters.

I think the Wycombe game will be called off, but that’s another opportunity to increase the gap from the others.... so I hope we play it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:08 pm

SBR frozen at death, and through advanced medical science, is thawed out and resurrected to life, and walks into the pub just as Johnny B says, “if we can get anything at Fleetwood......”
“WTF? Fleetwood? What the F happened? Why are you all talking about Fleetwood?”

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:11 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:08 pm
JohnnyB wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:36 pm

That Fleetwood game looks a six-pointer. I’ll take a point, but I can’t see why we shouldn’t be trying to win that game... and put more distance from third place. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lambert and Barton get involved in some handbags... both fiery characters.

I think the Wycombe game will be called off, but that’s another opportunity to increase the gap from the others.... so I hope we play it.
Both fiery characters for sure, but Barton is a premier league d*ck. Lambert will be the most evolved tactically but it will still be test - Fleetwood have a 100% home record and coming off the back of an impressive looking result at Shrewsbury.

But yeah - let’s go to win the game. COYB!

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:11 am

As things stand I would see no reason not to predict 5 wins. We are clearly a level above most of the teams in League 1 and it's looking a bit like a mismatch at the moment. Sure one or two of the games look to be a bit more challenging but we have our tails up. From what I'm reading the difference is mostly in front of goal. We seem to be able to score at will from any position whereas a lot of teams that we play are matching our enterprise and energy but don't have the quality in front of goal to make the most of their chances. Given that nobody has any money to spend on this, I don't see it changing.

If we do win 5 from 5 there will be plenty of daylight between us and the rest.

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:26 am

Fleetwood L
Wycombe L if played
Accrington W
Rotherham L
Southend W

6 points

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:20 pm

Wycombe postponed

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:32 pm

Was always gonna be. Top with a game in hand sounds good, now lets make it happen.