Vincent-Young wins award

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Vincent-Young wins award

Post by Bluemike » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:25 pm

Town right-back Kane Vincent-Young has been voted the PFA Fans’ League One Player of the Month award for September.

The 23-year-old, who joined Town from Colchester in August, enjoyed a superb month in which he scored his first two goals for the Blues. Also among those nominated was Town keeper Tomas Holy.

It’s the second time a Blues player has won the award this season with James Norwood carrying off the August gong.
Great for the lad and richly deserved, he's been superb.

derick_ipsw

Re: Vincent-Young wins award

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:32 pm

2nd that, the lad has been excellent. :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:25 pm
Town right-back Kane Vincent-Young has been voted the PFA Fans’ League One Player of the Month award for September.

The 23-year-old, who joined Town from Colchester in August, enjoyed a superb month in which he scored his first two goals for the Blues. Also among those nominated was Town keeper Tomas Holy.

It’s the second time a Blues player has won the award this season with James Norwood carrying off the August gong.
Great for the lad and richly deserved, he's been superb.
I just hope we can hold onto him Mike. I would be at all surprised if the PL/ Championship vultures are circling

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:14 am

Shame we had to spend 500,000 on him when we could of got him for the nothing under Hurst, still a great signing thou.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:15 am

It is Derick but money well spent as that value will soar

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:39 am

I read that KVY came on leaps and bound last year with Colchester. If we’d got him last year, he would have jumped two levels and could well have gone backwards in a relegation season. I think it worked out pretty well. Maybe we got him at the right time.