Bright kits

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ipswichtownNo1

Bright kits

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Just watching blackburn v huddersfield and huddersfields kit is bright pink. Does this put huddersfield at a disadvantage? Easy for teams to mark players trying to drift in unmarked essentially wearing high vis kit! Ok, the flip side is that players can see each other on the pitch better but surely in training they should know where to expect a team mate to be.

arana peligrosa

Re: Bright kits

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:08 pm

It's the 21st century, you should know what to expect. Days of "sensible" attire and color are a thing of the past. Anything goes on the field now you should realize that. Took in the score with it from the game in question and it were a drawn event. Point being whatever design was on show didn't seem to greatly effect those that wore it. I think back to the infamous Manchester United / Southampton game from years back where the manager chose to change strips due to his team facing a defeat, but I put that down to Ferguson's (then) philosophies rather than there being an actual issue with clash of colors out on the field.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:26 pm

Sensible attire, Saint? You do remember the late 80s/ early 90s? Attire that looked like Friday nights curry had been vomited down it?

Absolutely nothing at all with “pc” or “men’s / women’s” gender specific Shyte etc etc ...... but I hate pink football tops. They’re f**king horrendous.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:05 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:45 pm
Just watching blackburn v huddersfield and huddersfields kit is bright pink. Does this put huddersfield at a disadvantage? Easy for teams to mark players trying to drift in unmarked essentially wearing high vis kit! Ok, the flip side is that players can see each other on the pitch better but surely in training they should know where to expect a team mate to be.
I’d almost say the opposite . If you are the opposition playing Huddersfield. , wearing their. Right pink kit. ALL you can see on the pitch is bright pink. It would be very distracting I think. This is why GK’s tend to wear bright garish shirts ...because the strikers tend to shoot AT the keeper, because they instinctively home in on the bright shirt. Also bright Pink has a calming effect...so there could be some argument it messes with the opposition’s brain, and sends em to sleep ! Lol

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:09 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:08 pm
It's the 21st century, you should know what to expect. Days of "sensible" attire and color are a thing of the past. Anything goes on the field now you should realize that. Took in the score with it from the game in question and it were a drawn event. Point being whatever design was on show didn't seem to greatly effect those that wore it. I think back to the infamous Manchester United / Southampton game from years back where the manager chose to change strips due to his team facing a defeat, but I put that down to Ferguson's (then) philosophies rather than there being an actual issue with clash of colors out on the field.
I was only making an observation and asked a question, no need to get on your high horse.