EFL Cup - Congratulations to Colchester United

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

EFL Cup - Congratulations to Colchester United

Post by Charnwood » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:27 pm

How fantastic to see Colchester United in the draw for the QF of the Carabao Cup. I really hope to see them get a good draw tomorrow and wish them well, I guess only Oxford United would represent a bad draw for them.

The final 8 are;

Aston Villa
Colchester United
Everton
Leicester City
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Oxford United

hallamblue

Re: EFL Cup - Congratulations to Colchester United

Post by hallamblue » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:11 am

Sods law says they’ll get Oxford innit !

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:03 am

I hope to arrive home tonight to read Colchester United drawn away to either one of the Manchester Clubs or Liverpool which would be a well deserved financial pay back for their efforts in a competition which so many clubs choose not to take seriously.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:23 am

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:03 am
I hope to arrive home tonight to read Colchester United drawn away to either one of the Manchester Clubs or Liverpool which would be a well deserved financial pay back for their efforts in a competition which so many clubs choose not to take seriously.
Well there you go - Man U away.

Big away day for them.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:21 am

Fantastic for them, lots of £££££’s for the club and a great day out for the fans.

Just hope they do better than our record 9-0.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:17 am

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:27 pm
How fantastic to see Colchester United in the draw for the QF of the Carabao Cup. I really hope to see them get a good draw tomorrow and wish them well, I guess only Oxford United would represent a bad draw for them.

The final 8 are;

Aston Villa
Colchester United
Everton
Leicester City
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Oxford United
I was pleased with Oxford as they're a former winner back in '86 and have accomplished next to nothing in the time since. Colchester doing well is a bonus for East Anglia but in truth not really fussed about their progress and there's no chance in hell they'll win the damn thing.

Got to favor Everton for obvious reasons and they've never won it either, would be something to add to the outstanding honors list. Don't want Liverpool or City to win it, believe they'll have focus on far greater objectives anyhow. Outside bet Aston Villa to take it, won it must have been five or six times now, tailor made for things like this. Would sit well with the promotion award from earlier this year, just depends on who remains in the latter stages and how much someone really wants it.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:05 pm

Everton have as much chance of winning this as Colchester United 🧐