Ipswich Town vs Lincoln City FA CUP 1st Round Proper Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will we be featuring in the 2nd round?

Ipswich Win
81%
Lincoln Win
19%
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 16

hallamblue

Re: Ipswich Town vs Lincoln City FA CUP 1st Round Proper Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Penalty SAVED by Norris ..... then DOZZELL makes it 1-1.... you couldn’t make this up could you !

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Re: Ipswich Town vs Lincoln City FA CUP 1st Round Proper Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by TODD66 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:44 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:42 pm
Penalty Lincoln . Suspect game over now. What a waste of an afternoon. Town fans short changed yet again.
Or penalty gets saved and we score :mrgreen:
Game on!!

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Oh penalty saved and Dozzell scores - pendulum swings

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:03 pm

Better than losing it i suppose now we will have another game so PL can f*ck about with the line up again.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:04 pm

TODD66 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:44 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:42 pm
Penalty Lincoln . Suspect game over now. What a waste of an afternoon. Town fans short changed yet again.
Or penalty gets saved and we score :mrgreen:
Game on!!
Lol yes .... only Town eh 😁👍

But oh goody , a much needed replay !!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Feckherbottom out and Hibs score 4, delighted ....... but Portman Road? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤬

Can’t wait for this “era” to be over. Wishing life away yes, but Ipswich Town need to get themselves AWAY from these f**king depressing days when they can’t beat Lincoln City at Portman Road.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Much improved after the break and fair result in the end but begs the question why we didnt play like that the whole 90 mins !!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Lambert : “ Lambert admits Ipswich 'could have done without' FA Cup replay, but has no regrets about making 10 changes for Lincoln draw“.

Stop pissing around with the team selection then you prat and pick your strongest team for every game!!
Last edited by hallamblue on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:13 pm
Much improved after the break and fair result in the end but begs the question why we didnt play like that the whole 90 mins !!!
Hasn’t that been a constant moan all through the season? That we can’t put it together throughout 90 mins. Only difference, is weve had better players to dig out a result. Seeing positives, I suppose this team dug out a draw - although now we’ve got an extra unwanted game.
10 changes was too much, surely. Especially, since we’ve got a two week break to our next league game.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 pm

I'm sitting chewing over whether I go to the replay or not with the prospect of an even weaker Town team on show.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 pm
I'm sitting chewing over whether I go to the replay or not with the prospect of an even weaker Town team on show.
No brainer, Mike. Get the new bird over, bottle o wine, few beers, couch, “mock the week” re-runs on Gold.

(Meanwhile somewhere in Lincoln): 700 Ipswich fans are flippin baltic, pinky’s in a bovril, wondering why Lincoln are looking like Barca.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:36 pm

Well when you put it like that..... sincil bank here I come :wink: yeah right :lol:

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:08 pm

Well has anyone seen a poorer excuse for a ‘ref’ than that tosser today ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:11 pm

Seen it every game bar Two this season

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:26 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I was very impressed by Dean Bowditch on the radio commentary this afternoon.

Very articulate, talked sense & not just for the sake of it (eg Mathie).

I hope we hear more of him.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Caption 2: live look in at all Edinburgh pubs following hibs first game post heckingbottom.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:04 am

Bluemike wrote:
How could the team be weaker than today’s?

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:52 am

Don't get Lambert's comments about an unneeded replay. I would have though that in terms of his philosophy of keeping players warm and ready to slot into the first XI, a replay would be ideal, a bonus warm up game :D

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:28 am

Dubai Blue wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:52 am
Don't get Lambert's comments about an unneeded replay. I would have though that in terms of his philosophy of keeping players warm and ready to slot into the first XI, a replay would be ideal, a bonus warm up game :D
That’s definitely a way of looking at it - but I think there will be a few away still on international duty and then he’ll be forced to play senior players who he wanted to keep fresh for the league game. Perhaps a gamble that backfired. I think playing a stronger side with an international break next weekend and giving ourselves a better chance of beating Lincoln would have been smarter. It would also gives something to the fans as well - they want to see a decent home performance and a win.
4 or 5 changes, perhaps, not 10. And we’ve got an EFL Cup game this Tuesday - that’s where you can give game time to squad players.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:34 am

nicscreamer wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:04 am
Bluemike wrote:
How could the team be weaker than today’s?
Good point, you're trying to make me go !! :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:55 am

barmy billy wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:26 pm
I don't know about anyone else, but I was very impressed by Dean Bowditch on the radio commentary this afternoon.

Very articulate, talked sense & not just for the sake of it (eg Mathie).

I hope we hear more of him.
I didn’t hear bbc commentary BB so can’t comment on Deano, but your sentiments regarding Mathie, I totally agree with.

In fact I find him a totally disparaging and condescending individual , which I find strange given the fact he used to be a Town player himself. He shows absolutely no respect for his fellow professionals or indeed the Club.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:18 am

Never heard him speak. Is he the Scottish version of Chris Sutton? Argumentative tw@t?

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:31 am

Totally agree on Mathie, not keen on that chump who sits next to him either. Brenner or whatever his name is

Wish Brenner just commentate and leave the wise cracks remarks alone

Darren Ambrose usually co commentates on the EEL games and quite impressed with him also

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:41 am

Mathie’s affable enough, but tries too hard to be funny. Hard to take him seriously. And he also sounds like he’s had a few to drink before the game.

I thought Bowditch sounded pretty articulate on the wireless - maybe to the point of blandness, but he was pretty honest that he hasn’t seen many Town games and you can tell he doesn’t know many players that well. Good luck to him on the commentary side - he came across well. Although, he returned to the commentary box late after HT and Brenner Wooley was a bit worried he’d f*cked off. Couldn’t really blame him at that point.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:44 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:41 am
Mathie’s affable enough, but tries too hard to be funny. Hard to take him seriously. And he also sounds like he’s had a few to drink before the game.

I thought Bowditch sounded pretty articulate on the wireless - maybe to the point of blandness, but he was pretty honest that he hasn’t seen many Town games and you can tell he doesn’t know many players that well. Good luck to him on the commentary side - he came across well. Although, he returned to the commentary box late after HT and Brenner Wooley was a bit worried he’d f*cked off. Couldn’t really blame him at that point.
100% he will have done.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:21 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:31 am
Totally agree on Mathie, not keen on that chump who sits next to him either. Brenner or whatever his name is

Wish Brenner just commentate and leave the wise cracks remarks alone

Darren Ambrose usually co commentates on the EEL games and quite impressed with him also
Completely agree with ambrose

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:10 pm

I think Brenner is very good, definitely not an easy job to do.

Would be good to mix up who he is with a bit more, they tend to run out of new things to say and just repeat the same things too often.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
wasn't long ago the FA Cup were the matches to look forward to and not to miss, and full houses everywhere, something else they have destroyed for greed. Villa v Wolves in that whatever they call it cup the other night, . 5k wolves fans buy tickets plus travel to watch the academy play the vile academy, they should be ashamed,

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:19 am

marko69 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:18 am
Never heard him speak. Is he the Scottish version of Chris Sutton? Argumentative tw@t?
Most definitely not Marko.

I agree with you about Sutton though.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Waste as little time as possible on this and admit got a score that was all but expected. Poor team selection, abundant apathy from manager and players and once again close to defeat from something of an inferior opposition. If you don't want to bother in the competition then don't enter, why doesn't the team just omit itself each time it comes around. 11,000 seems a disappointing attendance for one of the "highlights" of the season calendar but then you realize what many would have expected and decided to stay away. You can't dispute.

Just hand the opposition the victory without need of a second game. Just be a carbon copy of two, three years ago, only difference being league divisions have changed. The rat's as* philosophy and evident 'opposition want it more' would remain consistent. You'd go back to Lyall, Burley et cetera to remember any real progress but tired of that elaboration.