Ipswich Town vs Lincoln City FA CUP 1st Round Proper Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will we be featuring in the 2nd round?

Ipswich Win
81%
Lincoln Win
19%
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 16

nicscreamer

Re: Ipswich Town vs Lincoln City FA CUP 1st Round Proper Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by nicscreamer » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Saint - Half the ground was closed off, so 11,000 was a very good attendance. We actually played ok second half, despite it being our second string 11. Would you prefer a short FA cup run or promotion? I think that's in PL thinking, and I tend to agree with him.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich Town vs Lincoln City FA CUP 1st Round Proper Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:50 pm

2nd Round Draw.

Coventry City away, not a great incentive to take a strong team to Lincoln next week.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:25 pm

Yes indeed another crap draw and potentially playing Coventry away 2 weeks running. Doesnt look like the cup game would be on the Saturday if we do get through as Birmingham are at home on the Saturday so Friday, Sunday or Monday it is.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:52 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:25 pm
Yes indeed another crap draw and potentially playing Coventry away 2 weeks running. Doesnt look like the cup game would be on the Saturday if we do get through as Birmingham are at home on the Saturday so Friday, Sunday or Monday it is.
The dreaded TV maybe?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:00 am

Could well be Derick, although Coventry versus Lincoln won't enthuse many neutrals

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:19 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:00 am
Could well be Derick, although Coventry versus Lincoln won't enthuse many neutrals

I think there are far more interesting fixtures for tv than Coventry v either Ipswich or Lincoln City.

Bring on the minnow’s, far more exciting.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:46 pm

Coventry away will be on Sunday 1st December should we progress.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:21 pm

I don’t think it’ll be a hand we will need to worry about somehow Mike .

Are you going to replay at Lincoln btw ?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:39 am

Rather that than a day before. Not going to win the goddamn thing but elimination (with sardonic sneer "The greatest knockout competition in the world") on your Birthday is perhaps something to avoid. Not expecting to maneuver the replay anyhow, just be a repeat of two, three years back when they put us out at a second attempt. I'm sure some would like to be involved when the third round comes about but to negotiate two potentially tough rounds before it would appear to ask too much. Bear in mind the line-ups that Lambert will surely deploy also.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:54 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:21 pm
I don’t think it’ll be a hand we will need to worry about somehow Mike .

Are you going to replay at Lincoln btw ?
Sorry Liz only just seen this, not been too well last 3 days, I was intending to go but having been off sick this last couple of days I don't think I should take time off again next week so no I will give the replay a miss worst luck

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Tbh Mike, you probably should stay home . It’ll help you recover quicker, and I get a horrible feeling Town will once again bomb out. It’s really just not worth it.