Why is Tomas Holy out of favour ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Why is Tomas Holy out of favour ?

Post by marko69 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:00 pm

Yep. Even after seeing it...... still can’t quite figure out how a 6’9” goalie doesn’t catch that. Fluke or no fluke. In fact, it being a fluke is irrelevant. He jumped for it as he was in the line of the shot..... no wicked deflections or anything. My youngest stepson is 6’7” and I could take shots all day from 40 yards out and not score.

Agree with you Mike regarding Lambo being harsh IF he blamed Holy, (which he won’t) ..... but also agree with you Deeko..... not doing himself any favours whatsoever. Feel quite strongly on that so I’ll have to agree to disagree with anyone feels differently. Should’ve been saved, ie, at least tipped over the bar. Fairly certain more would’ve been made of it had it been 3pts dropped in the league.

Maybe gravity stopped working for a split second in Colchester?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:43 pm

I've watched it again and again and I've got to admit I can't see Holy had a hope in hell but I'm wondering if it's cus I'm very pro him and not happy with his treatment that I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, to me it just looks like an unbelievable fluke that would have beaten any keeper , the fact he was so far off his line I guess is questionable but keepers do that all the time.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:29 pm

As a goalkeeper myself I think there's absolutely zero blame on Holy there. He simply wouldn't have been positioned (and rightly so) to expect and deal with that. When a ball is angled in under the crossbar like that, standing under the bar vs only a few yards out makes a huge difference. His height would help, but perhaps a shorter keeper wouldn't have even tried to get there. Still don't believe it? Just try and jump up while back peddling, you barely leave the ground, you'll likely end up on your arse with your head between your legs.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:40 pm

That's from a keeper !! Discussion over, Holy is innocent :lol: :lol: :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:56 pm

Ricco wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:29 pm
As a goalkeeper myself I think there's absolutely zero blame on Holy there. He simply wouldn't have been positioned (and rightly so) to expect and deal with that. When a ball is angled in under the crossbar like that, standing under the bar vs only a few yards out makes a huge difference. His height would help, but perhaps a shorter keeper wouldn't have even tried to get there. Still don't believe it? Just try and jump up while back peddling, you barely leave the ground, you'll likely end up on your arse with your head between your legs.
He did , didn’t he ? :?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:23 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:40 pm
That's from a keeper !! Discussion over, Holy is innocent :lol: :lol: :wink:
PL should play him on Wednesday, but he wont.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Ending up on erse with head between legs? What??

So Holy keeps goal like I walk home from the pub on a Friday night?

He’s not even close to innocent. GUILTY!!! Holy out.

NORRIS, 👏👏👏 NORRIS, 👏👏👏NORRIS 👏👏👏NORRIS 👏👏👏...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:27 pm

Lmfao