Norwood

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Ando

Norwood

Post by Ando » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:44 pm

I am always guarded when it comes to stats but this set regarding Norwood are worth some debate.

Think it’s right for Lambert to be cautious because bringing him back too soon could result in a longer period on the side lines.

🔵 #ITFC have never lost when Norwood starts, with a win percentage of 75%

🔵 Jackson has only scored this season when Norwood starts

🔵 Town have lost 4 games in 19/20 where Norwood didn’t start/play

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Norwood

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:55 pm

Absolutely right to be cautious and he was absolutely right to call off games too when the likes of Norwood, KVY and Downes would be missing, probably the Three best players.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:10 pm

PL defo knows his best 11-12 dependant on formation and those 3 are definitely in it.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:44 am

I’m not saying Norwood is our best player, but I think he’s the most crucial. He makes Jackson a better player and we can’t replace his physicality up front when he’s absent. Good to see Donacien play well as we’ve got back up for KVY. Can’t say the same for Keane. If we have to bring in a player in January, then I’d go for a big, physical target man first as back up.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:01 am

Very interesting stats. I know there has been a lot of past talk about the chances Norwood misses (not that i wish to open that old can of worms again), but his presence alone makes us a MUCH stronger unit. I really don't see a Jackson/Keane combination causing teams as much problem.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:47 pm

Have we actually see a Keane/Jackson combination yet? It always seems to be one or the other.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:11 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:47 pm
Have we actually see a Keane/Jackson combination yet? It always seems to be one or the other.
Only when Keane comes on as a sub for a few minutes. That’s a big problem - he’s not match fit and you feel he’ll break down and be out for months if he starts. With Norwood struggling with fitness we’re down to one fit senior striker. I can see us playing one up top more often and resting Norwood at times.