Ipswich Town vs Blackpool FC preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Any chance of First Team rustiness?

Ipswich Win
40%
Blackpool Win
20%
Draw
40%

Total votes: 15

Ricco

Re: Ipswich Town vs Blackpool FC preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ricco » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:47 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:23 pm
Im afraid that’s wasted on some on here Mike.
Ah stop with all this us versus them crap! It's hardly a biggy and everyone is kinda right anyway, football is a sport with many fine lines and hindsight!

There are Chambers lovers and Chambers haters, but believe it or not, you don't have to belong to one camp or the other. Most can see players could have done this, could have done that, happens all the time, doesn't mean they want the player sold or expect them to be prefect.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:51 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:56 am
Steve and Jo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:04 am
Derick... For weeks you have been quiet on the Chambers issue, why is this? Even when there was a post about Chambers being the most consistent highly marked defender you still remained quiet as in marks out of ten per game.

We all know, i think all of the Ipswich Town supporting community knows your opinions on Chambers. That's your right, you can choose who to like or dislike, who to blame or to say well done to as you see fit.

Thing is several times this season Chambers has come across making last ditch blocks and tackles most of which were to actually back up another player. I asked you sometime ago if going to be quick to condemn then be as quick to actually praise. You have not praised but here we go even before you seen the penalty you called him a pr*ck .

I was one of first to say Chambers made a clanger at the Sunderland game for he did. I have seen this pen several times and still say the player dived. You say he shouldn't of dived in and stayed on his feet, fine.. But you would be quickest to say what the f*ck was Chambers doing if he shot and scored
I can't wait for him to retire and be the great club man is supposed to be. :wink:
WTF is THAT supposed to mean then?

Chambers IS a great Club man...IS a great Club Captain. You’re just so blinkered and anti the player you cant see anything positive in him . Which is a shame, but sadly indicative of the negativity that exists amongst a section of this Clubs fans.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:55 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:47 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:23 pm
Im afraid that’s wasted on some on here Mike.
Ah stop with all this us versus them crap! It's hardly a biggy and everyone is kinda right anyway, football is a sport with many fine lines and hindsight!

There are Chambers lovers and Chambers haters, but believe it or not, you don't have to belong to one camp or the other. Most can see players could have done this, could have done that, happens all the time, doesn't mean they want the player sold or expect them to be prefect.
Seems there’s a Lot of it about Ricco ...... I note you haven’t commented on this though!

by derick_ipsw » Sun 24 Nov19 0828

The tweets on there concerning the penalty condem Chambers. We are right Tang.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:57 pm

:D :D Bring Back Murphy he's doing it for BOLTON :roll: :roll: he's got the height and is strong

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:16 pm

Yeah he was excellent in their 1-7 defeat yesterday 🤣🤣🤣

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:22 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:16 pm
Well that got me laughing Mike.

Very true though

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:38 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:55 pm
Seems there’s a Lot of it about Ricco ...... I note you haven’t commented on this though!

Ah I just ignore it, if someone isn't a reasonable fan with a fair mind I'll generally ignore and if more do the same their voice becomes quieter...

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:03 pm

Why do we keep playing lone Jackson upfront? It's obvious he ain't suited to this role and yet again we have to deal with the stubbornness of the manager.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:25 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:03 pm
Why do we keep playing lone Jackson upfront? It's obvious he ain't suited to this role and yet again we have to deal with the stubbornness of the manager.
I don’t think he trusts Keane at present, that’s the issue. Keane has had no impact in the league leaving lambert with little options.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:01 am

He was rubbish when he came on, i wasnt keen on signing him and he's offered nothing since to change my mind

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:10 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:13 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:56 am
Steve and Jo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:04 am
Derick... For weeks you have been quiet on the Chambers issue, why is this? Even when there was a post about Chambers being the most consistent highly marked defender you still remained quiet as in marks out of ten per game.

We all know, i think all of the Ipswich Town supporting community knows your opinions on Chambers. That's your right, you can choose who to like or dislike, who to blame or to say well done to as you see fit.

Thing is several times this season Chambers has come across making last ditch blocks and tackles most of which were to actually back up another player. I asked you sometime ago if going to be quick to condemn then be as quick to actually praise. You have not praised but here we go even before you seen the penalty you called him a pr*ck .

I was one of first to say Chambers made a clanger at the Sunderland game for he did. I have seen this pen several times and still say the player dived. You say he shouldn't of dived in and stayed on his feet, fine.. But you would be quickest to say what the f*ck was Chambers doing if he shot and scored
Your right i have been quiet that's because he has not f*cked up for a while. I think Wilson and Woolfenden would be a better pairing and I would keep captain calamitous as back up. Look, this is old ground and we will never agree. I can't wait for him to retire and be the great club man is supposed to be. :wink:
So what about other Town players that have “ f*cked up”? We never hear you have a go that them. Why’s that?
You never see anything good that Chambers does. And he does do good things. But you're not interested in that are you. Why? Chambers has been a very good captain for this Club, playing when many players would throw the towel in frankly. Yes he is nearing the end of his playing career. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is his last full season. But the hatred / disrespect some fans like you display towards him beggars belief. He deserves far more respect than people like you afford him tbh.

I hope those around you at work throw you on the scrap heap and disrespect you in your job, when you’ve a set number of candles on your cake Derek. I certainly wouldn’t shed a tear.
Fortunately I'm not as old and bitter as you so that wont happen for while. To shed a tear you have to have feelings which I'm not sure you possess.

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:31 am

Caption 2 coach to lad “I will give you a fiver if you hit that bloke not looking and a tenner for the f..king bear”

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:54 am

Ricco wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:38 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:55 pm

Ah I just ignore it, if someone isn't a reasonable fan with a fair mind I'll generally ignore and if more do the same their voice becomes quieter...

I’ll take that as a compliment Ricco, thank you. And duly noted ! 😉

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:57 am

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:03 pm
We need another striker I think Mach. I hope we look to get someone in in Jan window. Whilst Keane is undoubtably skilful, as others have said, he just doesn’t make an impact when he plays....a bit like Andre Dozzell tbh ( although he’s not a striker clearly).

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:28 pm

Been too busy to pass opinion on this event although caught game highlights and ascertained what were available. First off Blackpool seem a capable team as their league position would demonstrate. Why Lambert persists in playing a lone attacker particularly with a home advantage is frustrating to use one adjective but guess there's a method to it's madness. This league was always going to be a challenge, you just got to make progress as you can. Match official seemed to make the requisite mistakes but nothing new.

Five points behind with games in hand, I'd rather be in #1 position and allow others to catch up but still in a very good place to challenge. I don't get to see individual players close up and offer judgment as with others but seems there's a deficiency in one or two areas that require focus. If still in the top three by end of year then a half-season review will provide encouragement.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:21 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:16 pm
:x He F*****g scored is my valued point, and has done on a regular basis since joining from Forest, he's the ideal target man who can hold up and layoff the ball, who have we got that's any better in the squad ??? exactly no one, we're suffering up front big time, and for sure we cant afford a quality hitman, so go for him in January, as Bolton are still in trouble, and could still be deducted 5 more points, as they have been treated more leniently by the EFL for cancelling 2 games, so give it a whirl bring back Daryl,

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:49 pm

How are we suffering up front big time? We are joint fourth top scorers with 2 games in hand , on Saturday despite many bemoaning the one up front we scored Three legitimate goals so I think we are doing ok, I do think we need Norwood back asap and a new back up striker in January, however I don't think Murphy would be the answer.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:29 pm

In all honesty I don't think Jackson was particularly isolated on Saturday despite playing as a lone striker. I don't think we lacked a target man. If we lack anything it's someone strong enough in the air. We rarely look dangerous from crosses and corners, and I worry whenever the opposition wins a corner.

I agree, I don't think Murphy is the answer. I think we are a team in transition, still being built (and still don't expect promotion but that's another issue). If we really need another striker it should be maybe one of our young players or someone for the present / future. Murphy was a good player but at his age I wouldn't want him. I'd be surprised if he can remain fit thus season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:00 pm

As much as I rate Jackson he is not the best in the air, in fact Norwood is better. I think atm its just that Sears, Folami and Roberts are all injured, keane is pointless and Norwood is being nursed back slowly which is the correct thing to do which is leaving our options limited but you are correct Andy, Jackson was not isolated, Edwards and Rowe were "up there" with him at times too which is the whole point of the 4-3-3.

As for Murphy, he's scored 4 goals this season, the same as our Left Back so not that much to race about, personally I wouldn't be against us looking at Eoin Doyle, on loan at Swindon with 17 goals to his name already, he may only be 5.10 in height but as with Norwood is a menace and a obvious goalscorer, I am sure we could entice Bradford to sell subject to the terms of his loan of course.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:35 pm

I do think we need to be looking at bringing in another striker. I don’t think Sears will be ready much before the end of Feb and even then he wont be match fit will he. We do need someone with aerial presence I think. But doesn’t mean someone to lump the ball up too. But just so we can mix it up a bit and be more of a threat a set pieces ( which we’re not).

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:40 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:00 pm
As much as I rate Jackson he is not the best in the air, in fact Norwood is better. I think atm its just that Sears, Folami and Roberts are all injured, keane is pointless and Norwood is being nursed back slowly which is the correct thing to do which is leaving our options limited but you are correct Andy, Jackson was not isolated, Edwards and Rowe were "up there" with him at times too which is the whole point of the 4-3-3.

As for Murphy, he's scored 4 goals this season, the same as our Left Back so not that much to race about, personally I wouldn't be against us looking at Eoin Doyle, on loan at Swindon with 17 goals to his name already, he may only be 5.10 in height but as with Norwood is a menace and a obvious goalscorer, I am sure we could entice Bradford to sell subject to the terms of his loan of course.
Do you know what the latest on Sear is Mike?

I originally though he was expected to be back this month, or I may be mistaken.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:46 pm

He's out on the grass now and getting stronger but sounds like it's into the new year at least before he's even near the first team mate, from what I'm reading anyway.