KVY out for a few weeks ....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

KVY out for a few weeks ....

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:42 am

Following a groin operation in Doha....... bugger, that's the last thing we needed. šŸ™„

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/vincent-yo ... -1-6355998

nicscreamer

Re: KVY out for a few weeks ....

Post by nicscreamer » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:58 am

Hopefully he will be getting back to fitness by Blackpool game. Lincoln and Colchester are unimportant anyway.

Norwood did not take too long to come back

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:05 pm

hallamblue wrote: ā†‘
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:42 am
Following a groin operation in Doha....... bugger, that's the last thing we needed.
Certainly the last thing I'd want........., a groin operation in Doha. :shock:

Cue spitting, know it all guy:
"They're mush bether in theeeesh plashes than the NH ESHHHH!"

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:22 pm

marko69 wrote: ā†‘
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:05 pm
Following a groin operation in Doha....... bugger, that's the last thing we needed.

:lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:28 pm

Official website is saying out for a couple of weeks so that's good.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:08 pm

marko69 wrote: ā†‘
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:05 pm

Plonker :lol: :lol:

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Speaking as someone who is in Doha almost every week for a couple of days, it could be much worse :-)

Nice 32 or so degrees outside, nice sandy beaches to rest on. Not huge amount of entertainment on offer but more than you might expect.

Seriously though there are a couple of clinics out here with a worldwide reputation. I'm delighted that ME has sanctioned the expense on getting the best available treatment.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:30 pm

"Ok, Mr Vincent-Young, we have some good news and some bad news."
"Oh dear. What's the good news, Doc?"
"Well, as you were told last night, the operation was a 100% success. Very happy with the results."
"Yep, correct, I was told that last night. What's the bad news?"
"Yeah, you're going to jail for 18 months for getting drunk celebrating."
"18 MONTHS?? Thought it was only 6? I checked before taking my chances!"
"Yep. 6 months for the drink. A year for getting your groin out to show everyone. Sorry Mr Vincent-Young. See you in 18 months time at the worldwide reputable anal clinic."

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Right-back Kane Vincent-Young says heā€™s hopeful he'll be fit enough to return to action when the Blues take on Blackpool in their next League One game at Portman Road a week on Saturday.

The 23-year-old, who joined Town for Ā£500,000 from Colchester in August, underwent surgery on his groin in Doha, Qatar a fortnight ago.

ā€œThe groin was bothering me so the medical team said surgery was the best way forward,ā€ he told the club site.

ā€œEverything is going well now and hopefully Iā€™ll be back fit and ready for the Blackpool game.ā€

The Londoner initially felt the injury at Fleetwood when he was forced off at half-time and missed the following League One match at Accrington.

Having returned to action in the home defeat to Rotherham, he suffered a recurrence in the win at Southend when he was subbed in the second half and missed the trip to Rochdale.

Speaking about Vincent-Young after the 1-0 Leasing.com Trophy defeat to his old club on Tuesday, manager Paul Lambert said: ā€œHeā€™s doing really well, Kane at the moment. Weā€™ll see how he progresses through the next week or so.

ā€œLads will play in the FA Cup, then weā€™ve got the Blackpool game and the Wycombe game, so weā€™ve got loads of games. When you carry one or two knocks, itā€™s impossible to rest them.ā€
Very Good News.

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:45 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Great

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:16 am

I wonder if heā€™s had an adductor avulsion ? šŸ¤” ( where the muscle attachment to the bone comes away). They might explain why heā€™s now out for months.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:01 am

Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:16 am
I wonder if heā€™s had an adductor avulsion? šŸ¤”
I had one of those Hallam. The bastards took me to their planet and performed experiments.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:06 pm

I rest my case ! šŸ˜‚

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:56 pm

Iā€™m not being funny Hallam, but are groin problems something a medical exam can predict?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:03 pm

ā€œThese injuries have required very careful management. They involve two separate areas and, in order to resolve them, they required surgery."

Town physio Matt Byard has confirmed that Kane Vincent-Young had groin surgery on Tuesday and will likely be out for 12 weeks.

šŸ‘‰ https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/novemb ... ent-young/ #itfc

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:21 pm

Bluemike wrote: ā†‘
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:03 pm
ā€œThese injuries have required very careful management. They involve two separate areas and, in order to resolve them, they required surgery."

Town physio Matt Byard has confirmed that Kane Vincent-Young had groin surgery on Tuesday and will likely be out for 12 weeks.

Imo this is a big blow and certainly an area where we are going to need to look for cover in January.
Lets hope Donacien can step up and doesn't get injured or suspended for a while as I certainly don't fancy Edwards playing in that position. Then again I'm not happy about him playing in any position in the team!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:50 pm

Shed on tour wrote: ā†‘
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:21 pm

Imo this is a big blow and certainly an area where we are going to need to look for cover in January.
Lets hope Donacien can step up and doesn't get injured or suspended for a while as I certainly don't fancy Edwards playing in that position. Then again I'm not happy about him playing in any position in the team!
Donacienā€™s done well over the last few games (although sloppy leading up to the penalty), so he looks like heā€™s come from nowhere to being first choice the next few months. Behind him, Iā€™d put Woolfy as RB cover. Interestingly, thereā€™s paper talk of Grant Ward getting a short term deal. Not sure that would cover RB, but maybe RWB or RW. Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s good, but can see that happening.

I guess a talking point until and during January is squad additions. Itā€™s a seriously big squad already. Iā€™d go for a physical striker first and foremost if Marcus is willing to spend some cash.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:08 pm

They should give Barry Cotter a go, definitely not Grant Ward.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:11 pm

I liked Cotter but by all accounts there's serious attitude issues

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:12 pm

derick_ipsw wrote: ā†‘
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:08 pm
I think Cotterā€™s on loan to some non-league club. I think heā€™s a long way off Lamboā€™s radar. I have a feeling Cotterā€™s career high-point will be being substituted in Mickā€™s final game.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:33 pm

tangfastic wrote: ā†‘
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:50 pm
Donacienā€™s done well over the last few games (although sloppy leading up to the penalty), so he looks like heā€™s come from nowhere to being first choice the next few months. Behind him, Iā€™d put Woolfy as RB cover. Interestingly, thereā€™s paper talk of Grant Ward getting a short term deal. Not sure that would cover RB, but maybe RWB or RW. Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s good, but can see that happening.

I guess a talking point until and during January is squad additions. Itā€™s a seriously big squad already. Iā€™d go for a physical striker first and foremost if Marcus is willing to spend some cash.
Not sure if I would be keen on moving Woolfy over.
I believe that he has played that position before but feel at this stage in his development it is best that he continues where he is. I agree a physical striker also needs to be on the list of possible signings come January. Yes we have a seriously big squad but unfortunately we are short in some areas and overloaded in others, ie midfield.
Just hope Evans is prepared to give PL some backing in January as I feel if we donā€™t go up this year then it will become even harder next season as Sunderland are finding out.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:59 pm

[/quote]
I believe that he has played that position before but feel at this stage in his development it is best that he continues where he is. I agree a physical striker also needs to be on the list of possible signings come January. Yes we have a seriously big squad but unfortunately we are short in some areas and overloaded in others, ie midfield.
Just hope Evans is prepared to give PL some backing in January as I feel if we donā€™t go up this year then it will become even harder next season as Sunderland are finding out.
[/quote]

Agree!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:21 pm

Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:33 pm
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:50 pm

I wouldnā€™t want to see Woolfy cover RB, but Iā€™d prefer him to Edwards or Chambers. Big squad .... but if Downes or Norwood or KVY or Jackson..or Garbutt goes missing.... who does a similar job?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:55 pm

number 9 wrote: ā†‘
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:56 pm
Iā€™m not being funny Hallam, but are groin problems something a medical exam can predict?

Iā€™m not sure they are predictable, however I guess like many injuries some players will be more prone than others especially after itā€™s happened for a first time.
In looking this up I found a study which suggests players are more likely to pick up a groin strain injuries pre season or early season and that on average each club will have two players pick up a groin injury each season.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:06 pm

Charnwood wrote: ā†‘
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Iā€™m not sure they are predictable, however I guess like many injuries some players will be more prone than others especially after itā€™s happened for a first time.
In looking this up I found a study which suggests players are more likely to pick up a groin strain injuries pre season or early season and that on average each club will have two players pick up a groin injury each season.
Cheers for that! It just seemed like such a coup to get KVY from Colchester, but I suppose we did pay handsomely for him. I doubt the medics had a clue about his groin then, and McGreal certainly would have disclosed it....wouldn't he?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:20 pm

Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:12 pm
derick_ipsw wrote: ā†‘
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:08 pm
I think Cotterā€™s on loan to some non-league club. I think heā€™s a long way off Lamboā€™s radar. I have a feeling Cotterā€™s career high-point will be being substituted in Mickā€™s final game.
As I said Barry Cotter is given a chance.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:55 pm

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:06 pm
Charnwood wrote: ā†‘
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Cheers for that! It just seemed like such a coup to get KVY from Colchester, but I suppose we did pay handsomely for him. I doubt the medics had a clue about his groin then, and McGreal certainly would have disclosed it....wouldn't he?
Well as long as we can keep hold of him , I donā€™t mind the injury right now tbh !