FAO Frosty ... this forum

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mach_Polish_Blue

FAO Frosty ... this forum

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:33 pm

Yes, it is a look at me post, call it whichever way you want it. This is actually the thread in THE SUPPORT of Derick because the thread in which he was involved has been locked last night.

I haven't been posting much lately however I do read posts every single day. I can see that you Frosty keep locking threads with the higher frequency than before and you claim you have to pay £50 'to have to moderate adult people'. You don't need to moderate adult people as there is only a certain person who causes problems. I had some verbal exchanges with that person last summer, Rossi has had numerous ones, and now Derick has been bullied and insulted on some occasions too.

We as Town fans hold our views and opinions, we're here to share them and there will always be some differences and disagreements. It's not about pleasing each other, it's about voicing opinions. But some can't face the different opinions on here.

Tell us please a bit more about this forum because it's really confusing. Is there a freedom of speech? Are there the equal rules for everyone because it doesn't seem to be the case?

number 9

Re: FAO Frosty ... this forum

Post by number 9 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:18 pm

I was thinking about this after the last thread was locked. I don't think it's necessary to keeping locking threads because people have a few digs at each other. It makes the forum even more fun! I mean as long as there are no direct threats or profanity, why not let the arguers argue? Certainly if it gets to a level of profane insults or threats...by all means lock the thread.

I think we all appreciate you Frosty for taking over the forum and paying for it. You shouldn't have to be bothered with baby sitting the forum members as well.

Cheers!

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Sorry but I disagree. I love this forum but there are no regular users that I have ever met. Assuming that is true for most of us (I may be wrong here) I don't see this forum as mates having a chat down the pub. By all means disagree and argue your corner but there is never a need to insult anyone. We all have the opportunity to read what we have typed and think before hitting the Submit button. From my own perspective I feel uncomfortable with some of things that have been posted and it discourages me from using the forum (but perhaps not enough 😀).

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:54 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:18 pm
I was thinking about this after the last thread was locked. I don't think it's necessary to keeping locking threads because people have a few digs at each other. It makes the forum even more fun! I mean as long as there are no direct threats or profanity, why not let the arguers argue? Certainly if it gets to a level of profane insults or threats...by all means lock the thread.

I think we all appreciate you Frosty for taking over the forum and paying for it. You shouldn't have to be bothered with baby sitting the forum members as well.

Cheers!
Number 9. there's a difference between having a disagreement and the one or two who just don't stop looking for a reaction from this site, that's what this thread is really about,
Surely if the owner decides to close a thread its for the good of the site, the alternative is he walks away for less stress,
this site is probably as good as you get, so don't let the few kill it,

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:10 pm

Wouldn’t normally post my tuppence worth but I am sick and tired of the childish abuse that has pervaded this site recently, it should stop.

Frosty pays for the site to be up and it’s totally up to him how it is managed, I for one am very grateful he keeps it going, we have zero excuse to complain about how he manages it.

Let’s keep the personal posts out of this and just discuss the team, it’s performance and Paul lambert strange ways of getting us playing or not,,,, as the case may be.

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:44 pm

Posts should always be about the football and not about those who post. Posts can be taken out of context and people will always view things differently. Some of the comments in the locked post in my option were personal and there is no place for it.

For the record I am never offended by any personal comments against me, being referred too as Einstein was a complement particularly as it was from someone who has played far more football than me and a has a better understanding of the insight of players. As a current football coach/manager I am always happy to learn off those who know better.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:22 am

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:33 pm
Yes, it is a look at me post, call it whichever way you want it. This is actually the thread in THE SUPPORT of Derick because the thread in which he was involved has been locked last night.

I haven't been posting much lately however I do read posts every single day. I can see that you Frosty keep locking threads with the higher frequency than before and you claim you have to pay £50 'to have to moderate adult people'. You don't need to moderate adult people as there is only a certain person who causes problems. I had some verbal exchanges with that person last summer, Rossi has had numerous ones, and now Derick has been bullied and insulted on some occasions too.

We as Town fans hold our views and opinions, we're here to share them and there will always be some differences and disagreements. It's not about pleasing each other, it's about voicing opinions. But some can't face the different opinions on here.

Tell us please a bit more about this forum because it's really confusing. Is there a freedom of speech? Are there the equal rules for everyone because it doesn't seem to be the case?

I lock threads a lot less than some previously do Mach.

Fine with opinions no matter how polarising, what I am tired of is the way in which some of these opinions are put across. There is a personal aspect to some posts lately and I am now at the end of my tolerance.

For the record, myself and another Mod have received a number of PM's from other posters all complaining about the same person, so I am at the verge of acting on this.

As for the highlighted bit above, I object to that, if that is your belief I am disappointed. I do my best to be balanced with decisions, listen to others and am generally accussed of not being tough enough on culprits.

As for freedom of speech, have I deleted this thread?

Merry Christmas
Dave

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:25 am

Now if only the ITFC players could embrace that Frosty angst...we wouldn’t be having this discussion

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:35 am

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:

I haven't been posting much lately however I do read posts every single day. I can see that you Frosty keep locking threads with the higher frequency than before and you claim you have to pay £50 'to have to moderate adult people'.

Just checked back, unless I am mistaken, except for yesterdays locked thread and one I locked and then unlocked a few hours later a couple of days ago, the last one I locked was August 7th 2019 (over 4 months ago)?

Yep, I am a serial thread locker Mach.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:32 am

number 9 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:18 pm

Cheers!

I suppose you want me to supply the popcorn as well huh? :wink:

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:10 am

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:

I actually must give Derrick a tiny bit of credit, even if we don’t exactly see eye to eye. A month or so ago I deliberately tried to antagonise him after he irritated me (which I suppose is bound to happen in a forum setting) and he made light of it, shrugged it off and actually gave me a good laugh so respect for that. I think Derrick does go on the wind up some times but I also think he airs his actually football views.

However Mach, as a friend, please do not use Rossi as a defence. Unlike Derick who posts regularly and embraces varying aspects of the forum, Rossi is the stain that re appears during a difficult run with the sole purpose of antagonising.

Thanks for being lenient all in all Frosty. Appreciate the time and expense you put into the forum.

Edited by Frosty

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:46 am

Aylesbury......, that last paragraph had to be edited in by Frosty....... start being more complimentary ya bawbag! :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:49 am

LMFAO

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:02 pm

There are times I could kill you Marko! :|

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:03 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:10 am
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:

I actually must give Derrick a tiny bit of credit, even if we don’t exactly see eye to eye. A month or so ago I deliberately tried to antagonise him after he irritated me (which I suppose is bound to happen in a forum setting) and he made light of it, shrugged it off and actually gave me a good laugh so respect for that. I think Derrick does go on the wind up some times but I also think he airs his actually football views.

However Mach, as a friend, please do not use Rossi as a defence. Unlike Derick who posts regularly and embraces varying aspects of the forum, Rossi is the stain that re appears during a difficult run with the sole purpose of antagonising.

Thanks for being lenient all in all Frosty. Appreciate the time and expense you put into the forum.

Edited by Frosty
Sticks and stones, as they say. That's twice you have referred to me as a stain on this board, in actual fact everything you have posted to me over the last year or so has had an element of nastiness. That's fine - there is clearly no love lost between us, and on the 2 or 3 occasions we have met I have to say that I have been less than impressed with you. So I will not get into a name calling match if yoiu don't mind - I've been brought up better than that.

But please, if you must post things about me, make sure you at least get your facts straight.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:08 pm

I think Frosty is going all 'woke' on us & trying to make us all diverse & inclusive. Do we have any trans members I wonder? Having read all the rubbish in the press on the subject, although I am white & male I wll identjfy only as Shirley Bassey from now until the New Year.

Freedom of speech is an awkward one in knowing where to draw the line. Perhaps rather than lock a thread the miscreants should be directed to carry on their conversations via PMs.

A merry christmas to all forum members and let's all hope for an upturn in results starting on Boxing Day.

Shirley

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:14 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:08 pm
I think Frosty is going all 'woke' on us & trying to make us all diverse & inclusive. Do we have any trans members I wonder? Having read all the rubbish in the press on the subject, although I am white & male I wll identjfy only as Shirley Bassey from now until the New Year.

Freedom of speech is an awkward one in knowing where to draw the line. Perhaps rather than lock a thread the miscreants should be directed to carry on their conversations via PMs.

A merry christmas to all forum members and let's all hope for an upturn in results starting on Boxing Day.

Shirley
And you have a lovely Xmas to.....Shirly. Brilliant :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Billy that made me laugh out loud, superb :D

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:18 pm

rossi wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:03 pm
AylesburyBlue wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:10 am
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:

Edited by Frosty
Sticks and stones, as they say. That's twice you have referred to me as a stain on this board, in actual fact everything you have posted to me over the last year or so has had an element of nastiness. That's fine - there is clearly no love lost between us, and on the 2 or 3 occasions we have met I have to say that I have been less than impressed with you. So I will not get into a name calling match if yoiu don't mind - I've been brought up better than that.

But please, if you must post things about me, make sure you at least get your facts straight.
My dad is pretty good at making the effort to meet people and in giving people a chance. Who would have thought him and Derick would get on! I on the other hand have no interest, in fact wasn’t actually aware that we had met. At least I count be accused of giving you mixed signals! To put into perspective how keen I would be to meet you please refer to the below chart:

Things I would do before sharing a beer with Rossi:
1) catch my c*ck in my flies,
2) move to Syria,
3) look like Joseph (John) Merrick,
4) name Garry Glitter the godparents to my children.

Merry Christmas Rossi!

And to all other forum members, have a merry Christmas, a happy healthy new year! Here’s to 2020 brining improved better town results, and from a tractors boys perspective touch wood we also manage to remove that pesky stain.

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Think I'll take a break. This is beyond pathetic.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:22 pm

AndyM, in the nicest possible way, what is MORE pathetic is certain people from the past announcing they were off on a break but still logging on to read. Don’t be one of those. Just keep posting your well informed football posts because they’re valued by everyone.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:49 pm

I wouldn't care about a single thing that has been said if it wasn't just groundhog day, it's the same crap repeated by the same parties. I don't care what you say to each other, just do it in private and leave the rest of us who couldn't give a rats about your petty squabbles out of it. You're clogging up the forum, bringing everyone else down, making unfair work for Frosty and the mods, and stifling discussion by hijacking and closing threads with your childish fueds. Grow up.

Merry Christmas by the way...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:37 pm

Yep, lets all let it drop now please so we can all enjoy christmas, it was a terrible thread to begin with but it's had the desired effect. No more tit for tat from anyone please.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:53 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:37 pm
Yep, lets all let it drop now please so we can all enjoy christmas, it was a terrible thread to begin with but it's had the desired effect. No more tit for tat from anyone please.
If only !

Lucky for me I’m on holiday and left my phone and iPad locked in the safe, having caught up on a few threads and read some of the distasteful and unnecessary comments I think I’ll put them back there until Boxing Day.

Happy Days 😝🤪😜

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:56 pm

Understand the iPad but the phone going in the safe, Charnwood? I’d try and squeeze my wife into the safe before my phone. Phone stays with me at all times.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:54 pm

Here’s to 2020 brining improved better town results
It's gonna take a lot of brining to get this team cooking! :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:03 pm

It's a messageboard forum, there's going to be disputes and disharmony irrespective of each following the same team and it's potential objectives. One or two I personally can't abide but you bite your f**king tongue. Got to remain civilized, or at least understand it's the best prevailing option.

We got a small number here with only a handful of participants at any one time. It's a shame as there should be more involvement but said before maybe it's just as well as it keep things compact and more digestible. Health and well-being comes before animosity and personal issues, you just got to retain the right focus.