Ipswich Town vs Gillingham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

A late Christmas present?

Ipswich Win
71%
Gillingham Win
24%
Draw
6%

Total votes: 17

Magicmark

Re: Ipswich Town vs Gillingham FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:57 pm

Peterborough got thrashed, looks like we are second.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:01 pm

AH well. Some will find a positive in there. Never lost, 2nd in League, game in hand, Wycombe / posh lost etc etc

For me.......the flack is on you, Lambert. You cant play Gillingham at Portman road and not have a shot on target. It’s crap. Any flack you get on other forums...... take it on the chin and get things the fk sorted.

lucy

Post by lucy » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:02 pm

Sounds like another dull game

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:02 pm

Utter sh*te. Not even optimistic Bluemike can defend that performance surely. :shock: one of the worst 95 mins I have witnessed. Toto & Judge should be got rid of in January .
Last edited by derick_ipsw on Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:03 pm

PROMOTION :lol: :lol: :lol: :

Our squad is the best in the league (according to some) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lambert is the man for us :lol: :lol: :lol:

2nd half marginally better. A few corners but their goalkeeper was never tested whereas Norris had to save us on 79 min and Gillingham were far more threatening.

What a f*****g dross ! I predicted my Christmas to be spoilt by football and that's been the case today :(

Gwion Edwards please p*ss off you useless parasite !

Excuses please for the team and Messiah of manager !

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:06 pm

After the fantastic run of results at the start of the season this is all taking on a sense of deja vu from last season. Week after week of poor results and toothless performances.

I'm not worried yet, but our home form, in particular, has to improve. The thought of another season, or more, in this division makes me shudder.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:07 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:01 pm
AH well. Some will find a positive in there. Never lost, 2nd in League, game in hand, Wycombe / posh lost etc etc

For me.......the flack is on you, Lambert. You cant play Gillingham at Portman road and not have a shot on target. It’s crap. Any flack you get on other forums...... take it on the chin and get things the fk sorted.
Didn't go today, family reasons but i totally agree with you Marko. We are Second having not ONE shot on target in today's game. Sounds like we were lucky for the single point

Not turning on Lambert but if the other results had gone differently sheeeeesh.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:10 pm

That makes the table tighter than a nun's cooch at Christmas! :astroll:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:12 pm

I hope Lambert reads this forum...... MPB actually predicting his Christmas would be ruined! You’re ruining Christmas, Paul ! :lol:

Mach, ——-> beer, 5USA, Columbo...... sorted.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:15 pm

Maybe those of you who pooh pooh’d my concerns over our home form a few weeks back and simply highlighted our games in hand and points difference will begin to realise that it’s almost impossible to get promoted with home form like ours.

Yes I know we’re far from being in crisis, but believe me something has to change, and very soon.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:22 pm

If the thread is going to turn into an “I predicted” thread..... I’ll add mine. I predicted Oxford as the danger two months ago when they were 13th. Hibs buddy living in Oxford, can’t go to Easter Road..... it’s actually his prediction. Big things at Oxford happening.,

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:33 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:15 pm
Maybe those of you who pooh pooh’d my concerns over our home form a few weeks back and simply highlighted our games in hand and points difference will begin to realise that it’s almost impossible to get promoted with home form like ours.

Yes I know we’re far from being in crisis, but believe me something has to change, and very soon.
Not sure its just the home form though

We have not won for ages whether home or away. Other stats concerns me is the fouls. I see another four bookings today.

Normally i like teams who get stuck in but these are bookings add up, Hate to see our stats on Yellow/Red cards and fouls in general though i would not consider what i seen of us as a dirty team

Second in the league over Christmas, i think we would all of taken that at start of the season but its very much tinted over lack of form now. One win i seriously feel will bolster us. So its not all gloom and doom but its a case of very much can do better

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:39 pm

Got bloody soaked to watch that sh*te.
Even if we did manage to get back up with this squad it will be a quick return back down again.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:42 pm

Well that was awful, really really poor standard of football.
Its no wonder this squad got relegated from the Championship, cant even put in a decent performance in league 1. I dont attend all games but ive been to a few at home and watched on ifollow, and unlike others i am concerned at the standard. Its far below par. Agree we have no right to win games but town should at least be able to put in a decent performance. I can honestly say ive only been impressed with ipswich a handful of times this season. However good the league position looks , the football is poor, the current form is poor. I think this is going to be the case all season. Lets just hope we can make the playoffs

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:51 pm

Even if we did manage to get back up with this squad it will be a quick return back down again.
Exactly!!! And...I don't really think it matters who the manager is for Ipswich Town. Until we get some decent players, we'll never be any good!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:57 pm

Wooohooo up to second, bang on course for promotion, things looking up.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:58 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:57 pm
:lol: :lol:

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:39 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thats the spirit,all ways look on the bright side of life :D

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:44 pm

3 months without a home win yet we're still 2nd :lol: :lol: :lol: Pub, pub terrible league.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:01 pm

PL getting arsey in his post match interview he obviously doesn't do criticism very well. https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/town-boss- ... -1-6441205

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... no-problem

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Something and nothing for me, pretty much the same as how he responded before when asked repetitive stupid questions.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Arsey is one word to describe that press performance, Derick. The guy is being a f**king d!ck and I do not like him acting this way.
1/ keep the ball, keep the ball etc etc...... yes they did, 60/40 possession...... but they done fk all with it
2/ club is biggest factor, I’m not important, I’m only the driver??? The driver is f**king important Paul.

Regardless of second, He knows the clubs 8 week form is of relegation standard, dropping to 22nd from 21st after today. He’s softening the blows that may come his way very soon.
“I’ll go tomorrow, no problem”...... fking idiot.

Quit this absolute pish-talk Paul and start hauling some points for “the most important factor” ——-> the club.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:52 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:42 pm
Arsey is one word to describe that press performance, Derick. The guy is being a f**king d!ck and I do not like him acting this way.
1/ keep the ball, keep the ball etc etc...... yes they did, 60/40 possession...... but they done fk all with it
2/ club is biggest factor, I’m not important, I’m only the driver??? The driver is f**king important Paul.

Regardless of second, He knows the clubs 8 week form is of relegation standard, dropping to 22nd from 21st after today. He’s softening the blows that may come his way very soon.

Quit this absolute pish-talk Paul and start hauling some points for “the most important factor” ——-> the club.
I must admit Marko the way you describe it was my first thought.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:34 pm

Bluemike wrote:
I think you can call yourselves lucky, imagine if you were playing Man City then Liverpool in 3 days, see there's always a bright side to everything :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:53 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Thing is marko, this is exactly what Lambert has a history of doing, walking away.

I almost wonder if PL is “ too nice”, to do an effective job. By that I mean, trying to be all things , to all men. Trying to please everyone all the time. It simply doesn’t work in the end. Which means he doesn’t make those tough decisions ( which is why he’s rotating the bloody squad ever6 game). That sit on the fence approach only ever leads to anarchy in the end, and sadly maybe even loss of respect from the players ( who might view him in the end as a soft touch or weak), and the fans who had hoped he would bring results and promotion, a failure. Yet 8n so many ways Lambert is not a failure. He’s given the Club back to the fans and the community again. But he’s got to do it on the pitch and get results, because ultimately that is where he will be judged.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:57 pm

:shock: This is turning into a nightmare, I'm getting visions of Micks last tenure, crap footie, hoof ball, no plan B, and if results, and chip chopping the team keep coming like it has been so far, and if we lose to Lincoln on Saturday, then I think PL might just might walk, since his number 2 went to manage Kings Lynn FC, who are top of their league, he's been absolutely lost, its as though he's grasping at straws, he seems to be saying all the wrong things, no plan of action, all the symptoms of a man planning to chuck it all in, so lets see what happens, I know we are 2nd at the moment but God knows how, we know this is a sh*t league and the passing game aint suited, BUT we must get out at the fist attempt, and get back to being able to play open style footie again, under who's management who knows ?????? :roll: :roll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:32 am

Lmao, the thing is Lambert is 100% serious and correct, he doesn't care if he's sacked, he isn't saying he wants it, he's saying if it happens it happens and life goes on, there will only be one loser should it arise and it most certainly won't be Paul Lambert. For what it's worth its nonsense cus it aint even close to happening and Lambert is treating the sh*te put his way with the contempt it deserves.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:12 am

Our current form over the last five games is the worst in League One equal with Sunderland, Rochdale and Southend who have all taken 3 points from a maximum 15.

PL and his team should be ashamed of this level of performance which includes 3 home games.

Yes 1 know we’re still second, but at the start of this shocking run we were 6 points clear of the play offs with two games in hand, whereas we’re now 6 points off mid table, with no games in hand. Anyone who can’t see this as a potential problem isn’t living in the real world.

My concern is that I can’t see an end to it as quite simply we’re not playing well.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:01 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:32 am
Lmao, the thing is Lambert is 100% serious and correct, he doesn't care if he's sacked, he isn't saying he wants it, he's saying if it happens it happens and life goes on, there will only be one loser should it arise and it most certainly won't be Paul Lambert. For what it's worth its nonsense cus it aint even close to happening and Lambert is treating the sh*te put his way with the contempt it deserves.
You’re missing the point. He wasn’t asked anything about being sacked, or asked to leave etc. ..... the reporters were taken aback by he himself bringing it up. He’s sort of full of sh*t during this (hopefully) minor blip.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:57 am

Gave the game a miss. In retrospect it seems the right decision. Took in some report from here and reaction from TWTD and nothing new. Pretty much expected it to be as I found it. Supporters are disgruntled, you can't blame them, can understand the frustrations.

22,000 is a commendable attendance, only let down by another ineffective performance and indifferent display. I view Lambert as someone who got a no-score draw at home against an opposition that while inferior, had seen something of an improved run just recent - a la McCarthy must have viewed it as a stellar score and salivating at the mouth like a f**king rabid dog. Don't know about anyone else but that's not the type of manager I'd want overseeing team affairs or leading the side on.

Pissed off because the other top challengers dropped points and its very much (another) missed opportunity. Sticking your head in your as* (as some feel inclined) and not addressing the problem for what it is isn't an option. There's some very real tangible problems out there and I don't believe we got the necessary solutions to properly avert the situation we're at. Someone feel free to have a measure of strong liquor as personally no longer touch the stuff.