Theres Only one

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

Theres Only one

Post by goldandblack » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:44 pm

Martin Boyle , Come on you mighty Hibs
great result Marko

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Theres Only one

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:30 pm

Super Squirrel to the rescue again, Wolfie

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:38 pm

And now only one Doherty! BEA-utiful

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:42 pm

Ooooo, close. Sterling off the bar! Wow!

But The Old Gold turn it around....... what a bounce that must’ve been at The Mol. Up to 5th. 👍

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:12 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:42 pm
Ooooo, close. Sterling off the bar! Wow!

But The Old Gold turn it around....... what a bounce that must’ve been at The Mol. Up to 5th. 👍
we even gave them a 2 goal start, :wink: Liverpool next step on this journey.
its a bit of a bitter sweet season for me as its great to see us getting back to where we should be and the Town struggling,
It will all come good given time and the usual suspects who love it when the Town struggle will disappear again.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:15 pm

In my opinion Wolfie, not one single person on this forum loves it when Town struggle. They absolutely 100% hate it. Some just like their negative viewpoint coming to fruition and hence being correct. It’s a “being right” thing. But everyone will be hurting on a some level that the club are on a bad run of form, albeit 2nd in the table.

But since it’s only you and me reading this thread, ....., fk them!!! Mon the cabbage, mon the wolves!! :lol:

Edit: actually chuckling away to myself after typing that bit....... visions of frosty getting pms...., “he’s not fit to mod this forum the hibee b*stard!” :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:31 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:15 pm
In my opinion Wolfie, not one single person on this forum loves it when Town struggle. They absolutely 100% hate it. Some just like their negative viewpoint coming to fruition and hence being correct. It’s a “being right” thing. But everyone will be hurting on a some level that the club are on a bad run of form, albeit 2nd in the table.

But since it’s only you and me reading this thread, ....., fk them!!! Mon the cabbage, mon the wolves!! :lol:

Edit: actually chuckling away to myself after typing that bit....... visions of frosty getting pms...., “he’s not fit to mod this forum the hibee b*stard!” :lol:
so far I haven't heard a good word on any manager since I came on this site by the chosen few,
well we are the only two premier fans on here :wink: so we must know more than most.
I can imagine the PM going something like " that nasty Wolf and Braveheart are picking on us again", stamping there feet,and kicking there cot in 8)

you sure they don't come down this far mate, :lol: :lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:42 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:31 pm
so far I haven't heard a good word on any manager since I came on this site by the chosen few....
Wow! :shock: Really? And you’ve been on here since 2003! :shock:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:46 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:42 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:31 pm
so far I haven't heard a good word on any manager since I came on this site by the chosen few....[\quote]

and it only seems like yesterday

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:48 pm

actually how many managers has there been, bet we have had more,

well according to Wiki Joe Royal was manager, he was OK I think, shall we do a poll on it up top to prove a point :wink:

our list of 11.
Colin Lee
Dave Jones
Glenn Hoddle
Mick McCarthy
Terry Connor
Ståle Solbakken
Dean Saunders
Kenny Jackett
Walter Zenga
Paul Lambert
Nuno Espírito Santo
Last edited by goldandblack on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:55 pm

Since 2003:
Hibs = 11th manager
Wolves 10th manager
Ipswich 8th manager

Shocking really.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:01 pm

You are right G&B, the usual suspects moan about each and every Town manager, virtually from day one, then when it does go wrong they can say "see I told you so"

As for nobody being happy when Town struggle I'm not so sure, look at a few posts where some post things like "promotion" and then a few laughing faces beside it, who would find it remotely funny about their own club ? Its one thing to feel it's not gonna happen but the use of this p*ss taking emojis says to me its a form of gloating that we are struggling, thats how it comes across to me.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:02 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:55 pm
Since 2003:
Hibs = 11th manager
Wolves 10th manager
Ipswich 8th manager

Shocking really.

think ours is 11th as well, we had some brilliant managers amongst them,

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:01 pm
You are right G&B, the usual suspects moan about each and every Town manager, virtually from day one, then when it does go wrong they can say "see I told you so"

As for nobody being happy when Town struggle I'm not so sure, look at a few posts where some post things like "promotion" and then a few laughing faces beside it, who would find it remotely funny about their own club ? Its one thing to feel it's not gonna happen but the use of this p*ss taking emojis says to me its a form of gloating that we are struggling, thats how it comes across to me.
and to me Mike, but Marko is to much of a gentleman to say that, :shock:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:

I just can’t get my head around that at all. My thinking is that they’re so sure that Town won’t perform any better with x,y, or z manager that they just find it funny that the club are pinning hopes on said manager.
I don’t think I know one single Hibernian supporter who doesn’t yearn for the club to challenge 1st or 2nd. There are the fans on Cabbage forums who’ll laugh at certain management appointments (Pat Fenlon) but it really is because they think it’s a sh*te appointment for the club.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:16 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:04 pm
Bluemike wrote:

and to me Mike, but Marko is to much of a gentleman to say that, :shock:
:lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:18 pm

IPSWICH TOWN ……...WOLVES
Joe Royle………………..Colin Lee
Jim Magilton………...Dave Jones
Roy Keane...………...Glenn Hoddle
Ian McParland...…..Mick McCarthy
Paul Jewell...……...Terry Connor
Chris Hutchings.....Ståle Solbakken