the rumour mill has started

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

K L Blue

the rumour mill has started

Post by K L Blue » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:46 pm

If Lambert is sacked/leaves, I've seen these 2 are supposed to be in line.

John Terry
Chris Houghton

No decent sources, but I've seen this on a couple of sites(not good ones either)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: the rumour mill has started

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:02 pm

Chris Houghton is a decent manager

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:02 pm

And John Terry will shag everything that moves.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:20 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:02 pm
Chris Houghton is a decent manager
I've always rated him.

If, as some people think, we have the best squad in the division, he would be a good shout.
But let's wait and see what happens with PL first.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:31 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:46 pm
If Lambert is sacked/leaves, I've seen these 2 are supposed to be in line.

John Terry
Chris Houghton

No decent sources, but I've seen this on a couple of sites(not good ones either)
What about Evans buddy , Warnock? (not saying I’d want him , but I’d expect his name to surface if this manager merry go round kicks off)

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:31 pm

Can’t see PL leaving or being pushed whilst we are still in the promotion picture.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:33 pm

Chris Hughton is an excellent manager. I don't see PL leaving, or being sacked, but if it were to happen Chris Hughton would be an amazing catch.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm

Ando wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:31 pm
Can’t see PL leaving or being pushed whilst we are still in the promotion picture.
I'm with you Ando, I think this talk is pathetic, I was merely making the point that Houghton is a decent manager, we are second FFS

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:42 pm

Rumors and f**king conjecture it's nothing new. One or two get an idea into their heads that something will happen and it snowballs out of control before you know where you are. You can put this one to bed early by accepting that Lambert will remain in position here until at least end of season.

Wouldn't look good on an already far from stellar resume would it. "Manager exits club one year after coming in because things were a little tough or scores haven't met expectation". Wouldn't endear himself to future employers if we wished to continue after here. Best thing to do is rectify the situation with this team best you can and not leave yourself open to all manner of hearsay and speculation that, over time, will only continue to produce an adverse effect on not only his efforts here but the team as a whole.

Viewed News Now before this item, lo and behold there's no mention of Lambert ready to quit and that's an arguably damn reliable source for information if so inclined. West Ham fired their team coach by all accounts, next thing you know we'll be coming in for him but as before some need to maintain grip on their beliefs and imagination.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:53 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:42 pm
Viewed News Now before this item, lo and behold there's no mention of Lambert ready to quit and that's an arguably damn reliable source for information if so inclined.....
With damn due respect to you, Saint,......., if Paul Lambert hadn't started talking out of his f**king damn ersehole about "going tomorrow", maybe none of the damn rumours would have started.

100% behind Lambo succeeding, but if he starts getting a rough ride, no sympathy whatsoever. Keep getting visions of his face in that press conference and hearing his whining "I'll leave tomorrow" voice. Highly irritating. I'm actually quite shocked that there hasn't been more fans in Ipswich asking him why he said it. In one breath he's saying its a huge club with stature etc..... Then in the next breath he's saying "I'll leave tomorrow" as if the threat is such that Ipawich Town can do no better than him. I'm surprised some fans haven't informed him to fk off to be honest.

Actually, the more I type this, the more I'm hoping it's true. Chris Hughton will do.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:58 am

marko69 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:02 pm
And John Terry will shag everything that moves.
Mr Yobbo himself! No thanks.

Hughton would be a different kettle of fish, but aren't people being a bit premature? Surely the PL/ME relationship can't have soured that much so quickly.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:18 am

ME won't fire him, but it doesn't mean PL won't quit. He's quit at two other clubs that I know of. Like someone else said, the only reason these rumours are surfacing is because of PL's bonehead remarks.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:13 am

Chris Houghton ,anorher ex Budgie manager, I prefer him to PL ,If this relegation form & rotation crap continues,I'd want this to happen ,sooner rather than later.PL is good at PR but not sure if he's good enough without Culverhouse.A good win away today, should make us all happier.
Last edited by Magicmark on Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:14 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm
Ando wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:31 pm
I'm with you Ando, I think this talk is pathetic, I was merely making the point that Houghton is a decent manager, we are second FFS
Yes we are second! But for how much longer if this run continues? Are you impressed with what Lambert is doing with this team?
This guessing game with the lineup when the team is announced is bloody pathetic,if us being still second is a pointer to the standard of this league and we are not winning games what does that say about the attitude of our players it just seems to comfortable for them to think they are big fish in this division!
Don’t really want to rant but the quality on show is f@@cking awful! No rhyme or reason to tactics or selection of players and now his moaning at press conferences!
Would anyone really shed a tear if he did leave now?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:45 am

I've stated several times that I too am pissed off with the chopping and changing of the team and formation etc, however I also hold out in the belief that this settles down and he goes back to something resembling a settled side.

Town fans just turn at the drop of a hat and while I didn't like his comments the other day wanting him gone and planning his replacement already is plain daft in my opinion.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:00 am

With due respect to the majority of ITFC fans, they’ve not turned on the drop of a hat with this manager. Magilton yes, Jewell yes, Hurst yes...... but Lambert has had everyone’s attention for a while....... and it’s gradually turning into a “WTF” since the first week in November. That’s not really a drop of a hat in lamberts case.

Fans are worried. Especially knowing that the window opens soon and Lambert might get a Mars Bar and a Snickers to spend.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:13 am

I think booing at the final whistle on Boxing Day is a sign that at the first hint of things not going our way some turn at the drop of a hat.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:19 am

It has been relegation form for 10 games now, it's not been a 2 or 3 game blip, or even half a dozen, if this division weren't so close and we hadn't had such a head start we could've dropped like a brick.

I'd always say no to booing, no to questioning managers and replacements, but yes to genuine concern and pondering, I don't think that's unreasonable.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:20 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:13 am
I think booing at the final whistle on Boxing Day is a sign that at the first hint of things not going our way some turn at the drop of a hat.
How can you say that, Mike? This isn’t the first hint of things going wrong - the last couple of months we haven’t put any performances or results together. The booing - however bad it is to hear - is the result of far too many poor performances over quite a long period.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:37 am

I say it because that's how I see it, at the start of the season it was said there will be bumps in the road but stick with us, all the fans were "yes no problem " and all that hot air cobblers, and while I accept its a bloody big bump we haven't fallen back into the pack just yet !! Everyone is entitled to deal with it the way they see fit, I just find it all a bit odd but maybe that's just me I guess.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:36 pm

I said the natives would turn if the result was not positive against Gillingham and so they have. I think they have every right to express displeasure after paying £30. I only paid £10 on ifollow but my displeasure was very high. And then you get comments like that off the manager it does not help. If he came out and said we were f**king sh*t and Gills should of won I would of respected him more.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:58 pm

I agree Derick, Lambert certainly didn't bloody help where the natives are concerned.

itfc76trev

Post by itfc76trev » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:31 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:37 am
I say it because that's how I see it, at the start of the season it was said there will be bumps in the road but stick with us, all the fans were "yes no problem " and all that hot air cobblers, and while I accept its a bloody big bump we haven't fallen back into the pack just yet !! Everyone is entitled to deal with it the way they see fit, I just find it all a bit odd but maybe that's just me I guess.
im not one to boo my team. however we have fallen back into the pack mike 10 points seperate the top ten if we continue this form we wil soon be midtable

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:37 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:19 am
It has been relegation form for 10 games now, it's not been a 2 or 3 game blip, or even half a dozen, if this division weren't so close and we hadn't had such a head start we could've dropped like a brick.

I'd always say no to booing, no to questioning managers and replacements, but yes to genuine concern and pondering, I don't think that's unreasonable.
10 Games is about a 1/4 of the season. which as Ive said before , its the "trend" in Towns form that is worrying me. and the over use of multiple player rotations will do little to steady the ship IMO. A very large proportion of these problems is down to PL's attitude/approach toward this Division, and therefore that approach is totally within PL's grasp to rectify. I worry that he wont (cant?) see the wood for the trees and will not change his ways. which is so exasperating because we should with this squad be leading the way in this division, but we've huffed and puffed all bloody season tbh.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:34 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:37 pm
Ricco wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:19 am

10 Games is about a 1/4 of the season. which as Ive said before , its the "trend" in Towns form that is worrying me. and the over use of multiple player rotations will do little to steady the ship IMO. A very large proportion of these problems is down to PL's attitude/approach toward this Division, and therefore that approach is totally within PL's grasp to rectify. I worry that he wont (cant?) see the wood for the trees and will not change his ways. which is so exasperating because we should with this squad be leading the way in this division, but we've huffed and puffed all bloody season tbh.
You say that we should be leading the Div with the squad we have Hallam, but why aren't we? Perhaps the players have been overrated, perhaps they think they are better than they actually are and feel they can coast back to the Championship, perhaps they are not motivated sufficiently. I don't know the answer, but something is clearly awry. Let's hope it sorts itself out quickly.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:52 pm

Well on paper players such as

Holy
KVY
Woolfie
Wilson
Chambers
Garbutt
Downes
Norris
Skuse
Bishop
Dozzell
Norwood
Sears
Jackson
Dobra

Should be better than anything in this division , especially if they were played as a consistent team every week. I suppose another way of looking at it , and asking ourselves, is how many of these players would get into teams in the top six ? A fair few I think .

I think a settled team would go a long way to easing our current problems , plus the return to fitness of players like Bishop, Sears and KVY . They should act like 3 new quality signings .