Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

We really could do with 3 points huh?

Lincoln City Win
47%
Ipswich Win
26%
Draw
26%

Total votes: 19

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Lincoln City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:51 pm

Nope, stand by them mate. Good to see you by the way

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:59 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:51 pm
Nope, stand by them mate. Good to see you by the way
Yeh likewise. Will catch you for a pre match pint sometime.

Credit to my lad today, Once the 5th went in I said do you want to go he said no, he wanted to see it out. That’s my boy.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:04 am

Wow! Exactly like my lad at Hampden for the 2012 Jambo 5-1 debacle. He was 19 at the time......
Me: Sack this sh*t, let’s go.
Scotty: Nope.
:shock:

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:10 am

Came back and really appalled.

Some d1(kheads have been heavily slating Nsiala in the recent times, particularly after the Gillingham game. We had kept a clean sheet in this game. I know that it's not a big accolade however it has to be said that Gillingham are higher than Lincoln in the table and have a positive goal difference.
Today Nsiala as expected was dropped and the skip, the leader, the exceptional one in Chambers was back in the team. An outcome? We have conceded 5 goals against a pub Lincoln team.

Yes Chambers was a part of the problem albeit the main one. The whole problem was four useless c***s in our defence, Norris in the goal and Wilson who came on. Yes that Wilson whom Lincoln had released last summer and deemed not good enough.

Had we played Nsiala instead of Chambers today then the same d1(kheads who have been insulting Toto would have been very quick to do so again today. Nsiala would have been made an automatic scapegoat for conceding 5 against Lincoln. And they would have been saying that ... we missed Chambers and his presence today !

Evans is the main problem of this club and the main 'architect' of where we have ended up as a club, Lambert is the main person when it comes to his bizarre chopping and changing every game. But the players have their responsibilities too. Lets take 3rd Lincoln goal for example. None of those useless c***s in Chambers, Wilson, Garbutt were bothered to tackle or close down the Lincoln forward. Then came a pass across the goal and Woolfenden was nowhere near Walker therefore an easy tap-in from the latter was a formality.
Chambers is the skipper and PROVEN CHAMPIONSHIP defender so he ought to have done his best to organise this shower of defence. No-one is free of criticism however large part of our fanbase have been utterly blinkered for years about all things Chambers and Skuse. I've even seen the comments from some of our fans, beyond ridiculous comments that both of them kept the team together during the whole disastrous last year. We ended up as one of the worst Championship teams ever so what could have been actually worse if they 'had not kept the team together'? They should have been accountable for relegation and released by the club. However Chambers got a new contract and our soppy fans were screaming as if we won something. . Got new two year contract and now getting embarrassed by Lincoln forwards in the 3rd Division. He isn't even able to organise the defence ..... the proven one, call him the skip, the leader etc etc.

Nsiala would have had a nightmare on social media but because it was Chambers who played it will be quickly brushed under the carpet by many. And he'll remain a leader, best skipper under the sun and he'll be still loved because he has sworn in front of the Sky cameras, does fist pumps and says the things people want to hear. And he says such nice things doesn't he? Plenty of stupid interviews in the last two years when him and Skuse have been saying about the 'fight and determination'. He did the same after 0-3 defeat to Norwich to 'appease' fans and most recently this one: https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... astic-posi

'“We’re determined to get back straight away and we’ll be giving it everything to make that happen.”

Oh yeah you and other frauds in our defence plus Norris have given everything today haven't you????

I'm writing this post a few minutes after I came back from Lincoln and the manner in which we conceded 4 out 5 goals was harrowing. It was Paul Jewell in League One. Particularly the 3rd goal. Really, really dumbstruck after what I had witnessed today. Yes we would have lost even if Nsiala had played but he himself would have made some tackles just like he did against Gillingham (despite couple of mistakes). Chambers and Co. were just embarrassing. But this exceptional 'skipper' will say something nice as he always does and will be fine in the eyes of some people.

Downes is the only player that come out with some credit after todays game, maybe Dozzell too. But the vast majority of them were atrocious particularly our defence + Gwion Edwards.

Really strange game in some ways. First 15 minutes we kept hoofing and then we realised that when we keep the ball on the deck it causes a bit of havoc in the Lincoln defence. After the Garbutt's equaliser we suddenly stopped playing and Norris inexplicable fook-up and hesitation gifted them a goal. Another equaliser in the second goal after which we seemed to be in ascendancy. And all of sudden our defence started the horror. Once again I'll repeat: that 3rd goal in particular.

And now I'm forced to mention what I had been saying last September. We were lucky in some games, got away with some results but there were plenty of concerns, well for me anyway. But some people were trying to cool me and others out because we were winning games. Unfortunately it looks like that some teams had been giving us too much respect and now we are no longer feared. Lincoln having scored 5 today will be a hell of incentive to other teams to have a go at us and not to be scared of anything.

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:16 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:04 am
Wow! Exactly like my lad at Hampden for the 2012 Jambo 5-1 debacle. He was 19 at the time......
Me: Sack this sh*t, let’s go.
Scotty: Nope.
:shock:
My lad is 16 next month. I have only left early once coz of the score, it was a midweek game against Swindon, Hoddle was player manger. It was 5-1 or 6-1 something like that. Hoddle ran the show tbf to him.

Although we all want to win I think we forget why we are there sometimes and youthfulness reminds us of the fact it’s about supporting the team through thick and thin. As we left today I witnessed two blokes call their own supporters F..king C’s for clapping whilst they stood next to a teenage lad shouting to Chambers for his shirt. Some people need to get a grip of reality.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:41 am

What a change in fortunes since hounding Mick McCarthy out of the club.
Looks like its going to be a lot harder for Town to get out of League One than many thought.
Looking like a League One club now. Financially stricken and need new owners with investment.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:42 am

valleyroad wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:41 am
Looks like its going to be a lot harder for Town to get out of League One than many thought.
Looking like a League One club now. Financially stricken and need new owners with investment.
You come back with your bullsh1t again. Who has hounded that p***k out?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:42 am

Ando wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:16 am
As we left today I witnessed two blokes call their own supporters F..king C’s......
That’s not good at all. Really can’t be bothered with the “overly angry’s” when it comes to sport. Hopefully these guys (one day) are brought down a peg or two. Honestly not advocating violence but the way some people conduct themselves in public places isn’t acceptable.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:46 am

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:42 am
valleyroad wrote:
You make my point perfectly, thanks

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:51 am

valleyroad wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:46 am
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
valleyroad wrote:
No-one hounded him out. The p***k was abusive to us, had no respect towards the club and fans alike and 'the problem' is that our fans 'dared' to question him.

But it was never his fault, never. It was always the numbskulls' fault.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:52 am

valleyroad wrote:
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
valleyroad wrote:
Yes, can’t remember where I posted yesterday about Mick knowing stuff. I think the stuff Mick came to know, Lambert is starting to know now. But unlike Mick, Lambert might be thinking, “EH? WTF?”
Starting to think that McCarthy really had a message when he was saying “careful what you wish for”.
———-> Hurst ———-> Lambert.
And Mevans?
Hmmmm.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:59 am

Crunch time now. Time to play Holy and a settled side. Time to stick to one formation with a spine of regular players and a squad that slots into consistent roles on the pitch. Time to work on unity and understanding on the training pitch. It doesn’t matter if we look great; we need to be hard to beat, unified and a pain in the arse for the opposition. We need to grind out results every week.

I still think PL can do this, or at the very least he’s our best shot. I think if we keep our best players we still have the squad to win automatic promotion. But we need a change in mindset.

COYBs!

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:02 am

JohnnyB wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:59 am
Crunch time now. Time to play Holy and a settled side. Time to stick to one formation with a spine of regular players and a squad that slots into consistent roles on the pitch. Time to work on unity and understanding on the training pitch. It doesn’t matter if we look great; we need to be hard to beat, unified and a pain in the arse for the opposition. We need to grind out results every week.

I still think PL can do this, or at the very least he’s our best shot. I think if we keep our best players we still have the squad to win automatic promotion. But we need a change in mindset.

COYBs!
Every time I think about Holy/Norris situation I get rattled and gradually become anti-Lambert more and more.

Holy saved us a penalty against Wycombe and never played a league game since. Norris on the other hand is utterly useless and today he confirmed it.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:03 am

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:51 am
valleyroad wrote:
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:

No-one hounded him out. The p***k was abusive to us, had no respect towards the club and fans alike and 'the problem' is that our fans 'dared' to question him.

One day the penny will drop

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:03 am

MM had his time and I agree with Mach comments and further more he drove fans away.

Rather have what we have now than watch Ipswich under MM in the Championship watching 5 loanees. We need to stop looking back and focus on the present.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:03 am

Had the chance to view highlights but gave it a pass. I mean what's there to see, a setback like today and embarrassing score with it. May catch up with it at a later time but right now it's far from a priority.

TWTD shortly after game time was as expected. People realize Lambert isn't the sole issue here and that Marcus Evans remains culpable for a significant part of what's occurred but one way or another both names are having a clear adverse effect on this teams progress - or lack of.

The former (has) stated after the game "I don't know how long I'll remain in place here", a muddled ambiguous answer if ever there were one.

Also went on to claim "If I'm not the one to lead Ipswich on, I'd like nothing better than to see them in the Premier League, I swear to God" (?)

Sounds a bit disingenuous I don't know. Maybe got his priorities or values wrong but bottom line this is an individual that requires to sort themselves out, if things remain as they are his position here shall become untenable.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:04 am

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:02 am
JohnnyB wrote:

COYBs!
Every time I think about Holy/Norris situation I get rattled and gradually become anti-Lambert more and more.

Holy saved us a penalty against Wycombe and never played a league game since. Norris on the other hand is utterly useless and today he confirmed it.
deja vu

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:07 am

saint jude wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:03 am
Had the chance to view highlights but gave it a pass. I mean what's there to see, a setback like today and embarrassing score with it. May catch up with it at a later time but right now it's far from a priority.

TWTD shortly after game time was as expected. People realize Lambert isn't the sole issue here and that Marcus Evans remains culpable for a significant part of what's occurred but one way or another both names are having a clear adverse effect on this teams progress - or lack of.

The former (has) stated after the game "I don't know how long I'll remain in place here", a muddled ambiguous answer if ever there were one.

Also went on to claim "If I'm not the one to lead Ipswich on, I'd like nothing better than to see them in the Premier League, I swear to God" (?)

Sounds a bit disingenuous I don't know. Maybe got his priorities or values wrong but bottom line this is an individual that requires to sort themselves out, if things remain as they are his position here shall become untenable.
Evans is the main 'architect' of where we are as a club but number of our fans 'keep thanking' him for nice, hollow words he puts in his statements. What's wrong have we done to have such a horrendous owner like him? Whilst he's in charge WE WILL NEVER MOVE FORWARD. Even if we somehow get promoted to the Championship we'll be relegated right away.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:07 am

JohnnyB wrote:

COYBs!
You think playing a more settled side now, (in January) is going to bring about unity? These are modern day footballers. Lambert has created a rotational policy and being dropped for more than two games will not create “unity”.

Said WEEKS ago, he needs to be more Fergie. But after “I’ll leave tomorrow”-Gate.... he hasn’t got the balls.

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:14 am

Nolan and Skuse both injured today. Wonder if they would have played. Donacien injured, No other right back so wing backs ? Think there will be a shape change and At leat 3 personal changes. No settled side Wednesday me thinks.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:14 am

JohnnyB wrote:

COYBs!
I agree, I think Jan window is crucial. Lambert is working out who he needs to move on and what he needs to bring in come Jan.
Ipswich still well in the hunt. Change of manager now would be wrong choice. Not in Evans nature anyway.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:17 am

valleyroad wrote:
A lot has happened since McCarthy left, and not a lot of it good. Nevertheless, the time for him to go had come. His team played puke football and the fans had had enough.

I always thought he overachieved in terms of league position but I hated his football philosophy.

It has been painful to watch us slide out of the championship with a whimper and gut wrenching to see us struggle so badly in this shitty division. I have to believe that we will turn this around at some point and I think we still have a chance of doing it this season. McCarthy is yesterday's news and hearkening back to his reign serves no useful purpose. It just pisses people off.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:02 am

valleyroad wrote:
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
valleyroad wrote:

Valleyroad, you can see why people get pissed off and suspicious of you, things turn sour and you reappear at the first opportunity to wind them up at a time when tensions and emotions are running high, where were you for the first 15 games of the season?

I know some were sucked in with the valley Road link etc but it means nothing to me, even in the slightest likelihood you were connected to Town which I don't believe, why would you start going on again about MM for god sake and taking such pleasure from it ? Probably best to crawl back from where you came.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:48 am

Mike he’s probably a scum fan. 🙄 ‘ nuff said .

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:51 am

Valleyroads first post was at 12:41am today and I reckon he was just a bit pissed after the great St Mirren result yesterday. Remember his Jack Ross for ITFC posts?

I do remember his posts from the sour Hurst days; there is definitely a pattern to the timing, but I’d bet he is an Ipswich fan. Let’s be honest, don’t think it’d take much to wind a few up on here yesterday. There were numerous “walking on eggshells” type posts on here yesterday out of fear of saying something unsavoury.

Back to the football itself...... since watched the highlights. My first thought was , “My God, Tomas Holy must be performing poor in training if Norris is getting the nod.”
Part midfield and entire defence were just unbelievably shocking. There is feck all “clicking” there anytime soon.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:00 am

If that's the case I dislike gloating Town fans even more than Scummers when things are going wrong.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:24 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:51 am
Valleyroads first post was at 12:41am today and I reckon he was just a bit pissed after the great St Mirren result yesterday. Remember his Jack Ross for ITFC posts?

I do remember his posts from the sour Hurst days; there is definitely a pattern to the timing, but I’d bet he is an Ipswich fan. Let’s be honest, don’t think it’d take much to wind a few up on here yesterday. There were numerous “walking on eggshells” type posts on here yesterday out of fear of saying something unsavoury.

Back to the football itself...... since watched the highlights. My first thought was , “My God, Tomas Holy must be performing poor in training if Norris is getting the nod.”
Part midfield and entire defence were just unbelievably shocking. There is feck all “clicking” there anytime soon.
No alcohol involved but yes great result yesterday, St Mirren a team on the up and a fine young manager in Jim Goodwin, top manager in the making.
Ross is top manager btw and you are lucky to have him at Hibs.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:30 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:02 am
valleyroad wrote:
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:

Valleyroad, you can see why people get pissed off and suspicious of you, things turn sour and you reappear at the first opportunity to wind them up at a time when tensions and emotions are running high, where were you for the first 15 games of the season?

I know some were sucked in with the valley Road link etc but it means nothing to me, even in the slightest likelihood you were connected to Town which I don't believe, why would you start going on again about MM for god sake and taking such pleasure from it ? Probably best to crawl back from where you came.
Lived on the Valley Road for 4 years. Season ticket at Portman Road. Saw 76 of 92 league team by watching Norwich, Ipswich, Colchester and Cambridge.
Followed Town's result each week since I left Ipswich and never miss a game on Sky. Also travelled down to watch the odd match and catch up with old mates over the years.

Don't care if it winds you up cause the worst decision made at ITFC was MM leaving. Paul Lambert is very good coach working in incredibly difficult financial circumstances and the same attitudes are starting to surface towards him, thats why I'm back on !. Lambert will only succeed with proper backing by Evans otherwise forget it.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:33 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:00 am
If that's the case I dislike gloating Town fans even more than Scummers when things are going wrong.
Norwich are a superb club who are managed by a very good and solid board. Ipswich could learn a lot of lessons from them

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:34 am

Oh dear, I cannot stand Jim Goodwin. When playing, he was a diving, simulating, cheating tit.
But he was probably unfortunate that he had a full head of grey hair at 24 years old, ...... easily noticeable when acting out his shenanigans.