Lambert Out

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Lambert Out

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:41 pm

That's it I'm done he needs to f*ck off now.

nicscreamer

Re: Lambert Out

Post by nicscreamer » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:45 pm

I do and always have given managers time and thought , hoped, they would succeed. PL has done some great things for this club, but now th8ngs seem to have soured for some reason. I am sure it’s to do with the dressing room, these things usually are, but he’s run his course and we need to change to rescue this season. We are still in a good place and getting someone new in... houghton?.... might just give us a post Xmas boost to promotion,

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:59 pm

You’d hope Evans wouldn’t hang about on this one.

Somethings gone very wrong at the Club for some reason . On the pitch hasn’t been right for a while now( even when we were winning, we looked edgy , not confident etc) .
Lambert has been outstanding with his off the field efforts . I thank him for that. But it’s on the pitch where it matters this season , and it’s dire.

I do ask the question again...... has Lambert lost the dressing room?

There’s no together on the pitch as far s I can make out .

The players that played today have absolutely no idea if they will be in the duff fir the next game , that can’t be right !

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:35 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:59 pm
You’d hope Evans wouldn’t hang about on this one.

Somethings gone very wrong at the Club for some reason . On the pitch hasn’t been right for a while now( even when we were winning, we looked edgy , not confident etc) .
Lambert has been outstanding with his off the field efforts . I thank him for that. But it’s on the pitch where it matters this season , and it’s dire.

I do ask the question again...... has Lambert lost the dressing room?

There’s no together on the pitch as far s I can make out .

The players that played today have absolutely no idea if they will be in the duff fir the next game , that can’t be right !
Exactly even the keepers don't know, Judge will be ok as he gets picked regardless.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:36 pm

Had enough of his sh1t3 tactics and attitude, yep he has helped bring in the crowds but that is going to drop now.

Time for him to step down or remove him, bloody shame as liked him but im done now, cheers PL.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:46 pm

What's the betting he walks before the weekend is out?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:50 pm

Im hearing he didn't go into the press room after the game, not sure How true it is.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:53 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:50 pm
Im hearing he didn't go into the press room after the game, not sure How true it is.
Nothing from him on Radio Suffolk yet either!

Hyper0blue

Post by Hyper0blue » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:58 pm

Sacking yet another manager will not make any difference.

Marcus Evans is the real problem!!!!!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:00 pm

Probably caught the next train to Stoke where he lives, next headlines will be Lambert walks out on Ipswich as he cant get himself organised, and is looking for a new challenge in the Midlands area,

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Hyper0blue wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:58 pm

Well yes I agree he is , but as I’ve said many times before there is nothing we can do about it , and if he hadn’t been funding Town for the last 15 years we would have been long gone .

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:08 pm

I really don't know what to say. I wasn't a fan of Lambert when he was appointed and expressed my concerns repeatedly last season. However, I believed he was going to be successful at this level. The is something seriously wrong right now but I am not sure that changing the manager will do anything to improve things. I just don't know.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:12 pm

Just saw result. 🤦‍♂️

I know Mick needed to go so do not chew ones ballsac, but when he said, “be careful”, ————> he knew stuff. Six years in charge, he feckin knew stuff.

Hurst fell like Neymar in the 18 yard box.
And now Lambert is hearing questions before they’ve even been asked.

What is wrong at Ipswich Town Football Club? It’s fast turning into that old cliche, “poisoned chalice” club.

MEVANS!!!!! SORT your toy out!

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:14 pm

Bluemike wrote:
1 hour long rally cry in the dressing room. He went to the media room after.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:19 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:14 pm
Bluemike wrote:
1 hour long rally cry in the dressing room. He went to the media room after.
Really! And how many rallying calls have we had over the last couple of years? And they have achieved f@@k all.
As has been said there is something seriously wrong in that dressing room and the attitude of the players stinks.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:29 pm

Hyper0blue wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:58 pm

I totally agree with this. But!
I'm now starting to feel that we're the loss making business in the Evans empire.
True what Blue Mike says without him Ipswich Town could have gone under, But I do feel there was others watching to see if the deal fell through(Sullivan now at West Ham springs to mind) So I do feel it still might not have happened.
All we are now it the tax write off for the Marcus Evans Group. Investment is at a minimum transfer wise, Yes I know what Evans is pumping in to cover wages, but lets not forget they all have it written into their contracts about pay cuts if relegated. Bart was rumoured to lose 60% of his wage.
I really think If Pep Guardiola was appointed manager, we'd still be where we are. No disrespect to any of our players, but if you polish a turd its still a turd. They might be the best we can get, but they won't turn into premiership players under any manager.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:24 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:29 pm

I really think If Pep Guardiola was appointed manager, we'd still be where we are. No disrespect to any of our players, but if you polish a turd its still a turd. They might be the best we can get, but they won't turn into premiership players under any manager.
I wouldn't disagree. That's why I said at the start of the season - and still feel now - that we won't get in the top 6.

But there are many who said we have the strongest squad in the league.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:01 pm

The thing is Andy who does have the strongest squad ? I still ssy we easily have the strongest squad. Wycombe have been found out and lost 3 on the bounce and were crap down here, Peterborough on terrible run of form, Sunderland mid table, no way do Oxford, Coventry or Fleetwood have the strongest squad, Rotherham perhaps? Still say its us, just not performing.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:31 pm

You may be right. I really have no knowledge of other teams' squads. But like you said earlier, Edwards, Donacien, Judge and others are proving regularly that they aren't very good.

I know we disagree over these 2 but I still think Knudsen is better than any left back we currently have, and I would dare to suggest that Ward is as effective as any winger we currently have. I'm not saying either were great; just that we have no one better which suggests ought squad isn't great.

If - and I appreciate it's a big if - Downes leaves, and maybe Woolfenden as well, we will effectively have nothing left at all.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:42 pm

True regarding Downes, Andy....... and unbelievably depressing if what you say regarding K-Nood is true. My God he was f**king sh!t.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:46 pm

If one or both are sold it has to be for the right price which by the way everyone has. ME MUST give it all to Lambert to re-invest, if not it will be the final straw for many that’s for sure. But I’m sure there are many L1 clubs facing the same issue.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:32 am

Not really sure why Knudsen’s name is being brought up. He’s probably a better defender than what’s been given credit for, but he didn’t want to be here. If he was here - would he make any difference?
I don’t want to get into whose got the best squad - but we’ve certainly got probably the biggest squad and more resources than the vast majority of teams in this league. Lambert’s not got the best out of them for whatever reason. And he had the latter part of last season to prepare for League 1.

This must be the lowest point of the season so far. After the dust has settled after yesterday - we either bottom out here and get some positive reaction on the pitch OR we continue with this dismal form and that should be curtains for Lambert. There should be no more talk of blips or bumpy roads - there’s got to be a visible reaction and improvement next game.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:47 am

KSOS. “Knudsen, sh*te on Sky.”
Seeing his name brought back memories of really sh*te defending. As the club are now in L1 and never on Sky, can only assume it’s feckin soul destroying.

And currently being rock bottom of the form table certainly does suggest its way past a “dip in form”.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:48 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:41 pm
Ipswich are 2 points behind a automatic promotion place, have hit a bad run and you want the manager sacked. Just pathetic no other words for it

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:49 am

Youre on the wind up now, Valley.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:54 am

Why he can't go back to the 3-5-2 that was effective at the start I don't know. Holy in goal Wilson Chambers and Woolfenden Garbutt Dowines Nolan Skuse. Right wing back is a problem Donacien is not good enough nor is Edwards. Get someone in January. When is KVY back. Norwood is liability he just gives fouls away and concedes possession. Jackson runs his heart out. Maybe play Keane and Jackson use Norwood from the bench. But it has to change. 2020 let's go undefeated for the rest of the season.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:57 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:54 am
Why he can't go back to the 3-5-2 that was effective at the start I don't know. Holy in goal Wilson Chambers and Woolfenden Garbutt Dowines Nolan Skuse. Right wing back is a problem Donacien is not good enough nor is Edwards. Get someone in January. When is KVY back. Norwood is liability he just gives fouls away and concedes possession. Jackson runs his heart out. Maybe play Keane and Jackson use Norwood from the bench. But it has to change. 2020 let's go undefeated for the rest of the season.
Thats better, Lambert has been over the course and knows his stuff. I have full confidence he will get Ipswich over the line. Few bumps on the road but they'll get there.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:57 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:49 am
Its an open goal :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:00 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:57 am
marko69 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:49 am
Its an open goal :lol:
That’s actually not a bad idea to solve the Holy/Norris issue..,..., “any man goalie”

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:05 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:48 am
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:41 pm
Ipswich are 2 points behind a automatic promotion place, have hit a bad run and you want the manager sacked. Just pathetic no other words for it
Nice of you to post. Before the Lincoln thread you had not post for a while so try and keep up post more. :?