Goodbye and good riddance to Towns worst ever decade!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Goodbye and good riddance to Towns worst ever decade!

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:23 am

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ips ... -1-6444754

Here’s hoping 2020 can spark some new life into our once great Club. It’s been a long time since we’ve had anything to really shout about . Here’s hoping that changes at Wycombe on Jan 1st .

COYBs 🥂

Marvinbay1973

Re: Goodbye and good riddance to Towns worst ever decade!

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:48 am

Hey Liz have you voted in the Town team of the decade poll, some great players to choose from :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:31 am

Hi Marvin, :D no I haven’t ..... where is this poll ? .... FB? Or official Town site ?

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:35 am

Radio Suffolk were on about it

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:00 pm

Oh I’ll look on their website then . Thanks Marvin 👍

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:20 pm

The worst decade ever, it's been near nightmare proportions, f**king horrendous. Not just in regards to what this club's been involved with.

Keeping it strictly game related you could count on one hand the number of instances where there's been actual tangible joy and enthusiasm towards team endeavors. Seriously the semi-final win over Arsenal (in a competition largely overlooked and trivialized) and the play-off opportunity involvement / season where fairly beaten by eventual winners Norwich City. Finding it hard to pick out any other standout moments or runs that warrant mention.

Would be nice to go back 20 years and re-live the next 18 months of the new millennium, times where it were a real pleasure to follow the team and get involved but as yet time travel remains an impossibility. Hope the years ahead provide a chance for ourselves to get back and establish something like our previous stature but as before until relevant changes are made regrettably it's going to be much of the same.

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:46 am

The club slowly lost its disconnect with the fans as the decade progressed and was on its knees towards the end of 2018. The fans now have their club back, so let’s not forget. Let’s look forward, stay united and enjoy the ride. Think how boring it would be if we won every week and it was easy. Where is the edge?

Yes the last 10 years have been the lowest in the clubs history. But for me I will have fond memories. Taking my son to his first game, having season tickets and experiencing all the highs and lows. Watching my lad learn how to win and lose, taking him to his first away game, first time in the SBR lower, priceless moments that will live with me forever.

My wish for the next 10 years is to beat the scum and win at Wembley.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:43 pm

:roll: Aint started too brightly Ando, one draw at Wycombe and one loss to Exeter City Reserves in a cup game, looks like the run of current form is set to continue, with tinker man Lambert at the helm.