Why are we selling Bart in January ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Why are we selling Bart in January ?

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:09 pm

Given we don’t have a first choice keeper why are we selling Bart, especially now he’s found form again at Millwall. Surely we can recall him, play him and release Norris.

JohnnyB

Re: Why are we selling Bart in January ?

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:36 pm

You got a link Charnwood?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:52 pm

I still think he's cack and would hate to see him back here, Holy is a perfectly able number one and young Pryzbek on the bench, cash in on Bart.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:02 pm

How much are we getting for him? Can’t see the story anywhere.

Yeah I reckon he should go especially if we can get enough dosh for him to finance a new striker. Bottom line: I’m guessing he’s happier at Millwall in the team and pushing for promotion and doesn’t want to come back. Also Holy’s ok for this division

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:22 pm

This is the story, all rumour and speculation.

TWTD understands Millwall are facing competition for on-loan Blues keeper Bartosz Bialkowski from Cardiff City and Blackburn Rovers.

Bialkowski is currently on a season-long loan with the Lions where he has enjoyed a very successful first half of the campaign and quickly become a fans’ favourite. The keeper is believed to be very happy at the Den.

However, we understand the Blues would like to cash in on the 32-year-old this window, in which he can be recalled, with Cardiff - who are now managed by Neil Harris, the man who brought Bialkowski to Millwall in the summer - very keen to sign the Polish international with West Ham believed to be eyeing a move for their current keeper Neil Etheridge, who was interesting Aston Villa in the summer.

In addition to the Bluebirds, Blackburn, who were among those eyeing Bialkowski in the summer, have also made their interest known to Town, while Millwall will almost certainly look to make him a permanent member of their squad rather than risk losing him.

Speaking about Bialkowski’s future in November, Town manager Paul Lambert said it was certainly possible that clubs other than Millwall could show interest in the former Notts County and Southampton man once the window opened: “They could come and buy, especially if he’s playing well.”

Lions boss Gary Rowett had previously said that he wasn’t aware that Town had plans to recall Bialkowski in order to sell him but was making contingency plans just in case.

“There are certain things in the agreement that I’m aware of. It’s a case of seeing what happens,” he told London News Online.

“It is what it is. We don’t want to lose Bart – he’s a very, very good player. He’s performed very, very well for us. But at the same time we also have to have a plan in case something happens in that sense.

“Our intention is that hopefully he is here as our goalkeeper – because he’s been great – and the lads love him as well.”

Bialkowski, who is on Town’s most lucrative current contract which runs until the summer of 2021 with the club having an option for a further season, joined Millwall on a season-long loan in July, a permanent £900,000 move having broken down the previous month due to concerns regarding his knee which emerged in a medical.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:16 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:09 pm
Given we don’t have a first choice keeper why are we selling Bart, especially now he’s found form again at Millwall. Surely we can recall him, play him and release Norris.
Charny, we’re selling him because we cant afford the ridiculous bloody contract we offered him, (making him the highest paid player on out books at the time I believe), since we’ve been relegated. Plus the small point that Bart wanted to play at the higher level.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:53 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:16 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:09 pm
Charny, we’re selling him because we cant afford the ridiculous bloody contract we offered him, (making him the highest paid player on out books at the time I believe), since we’ve been relegated. Plus the small point that Bart wanted to play at the higher level.

Thanks Liz, just seems a bit daft to sell a goalkeeper in form when PL doesn’t have an obvious first choice keeper on his books.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:58 am

You’re welcome Charny . Even if he was to rich for our wage structure now , I doubt he’d want to return to Town tbh. Sometimes we just have to all move on.

I just hope PL starts to play Holy on a regular basis . He’s peed about with the team far too much and Holy is our player , and a decent GK , but like all players needs regular games.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:07 pm

In league games...

Holy 15 games 11 conceded (0.73 goals per game)
Norris 8 games 11 conceded (1.38 goals per game)

Even if you took out the Lincoln game (don't know why you would) it would be at 0.86 goals per game. I don't understand when he's not our keeper that he is getting the nod, either it's in Norris' loan contract, or Lambert fell out with Holy, or Lambert is genuinely bonkers about rotation.

Sorry to go off topic slightly, yeah there has been a down tick in form which would show in Norris' stats, but a goalkeeper is part of the team and a good one organises his defence and commands his area, they do far more than just stopping shots, so maybe he's part of the down tick (I don't watch enough to really tell).

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:12 pm

Off topic again and not sure if this is true as not had time to check but apparently prior to Exeter on Saturday Myles Kenlock had played 10 games, 5 wins, 5 Draws, no defeats.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:26 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:12 pm
Off topic again and not sure if this is true as not had time to check but apparently prior to Exeter on Saturday Myles Kenlock had played 10 games, 5 wins, 5 Draws, no defeats.
I thought Kenlock played well on Saturday. Is this a case though of a player getting better by not playing during a bad run ?Like Kevin Bru. I remember earlier in the season it was felt Kenlock needed to be dropped to keep him out of the firing line as he was a scapegoat.

I don’t think there’s too much between Garbutt and Kenlock defensively - so it might be a case of how much more can we get from Garbutt higher up the pitch?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:33 pm

I had Kenlock as MOTM Saturday, he put more delivery into the box than anyone else. I agree in that defensively he is more reliable than Garbutt who does not defend the back post well at all and moving him further forward not only suits him but the team also, thus giving us greater goal threat.

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:12 pm

In my opinion, Garbutt and Kenlock are similar. Both get forward well, neither are great defenders. But played together with Kenlock as full back and Garbutt wide in a 442, Kenlock would at least have some support which he never fad earlier in the season. Still don't rate Kenlock but it's an option to play them both.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:14 pm

If we play Kenlock at LB we could push Garbutt forward where he is much more dangerous.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:22 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:14 pm
If we play Kenlock at LB we could push Garbutt forward where he is much more dangerous.
Or swap them round if that doesn't work......... Rotate them if you like........, (cue circus carousel music)

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:34 pm

Viewed one of their fans forums and there's a thread about it as you would imagine. Seems many are eager to keep hold of him but bring to attention his inability with back-passes. Guaranteed to provide at least one outstanding save per-game and (they) imagine Bialkowski could be pivotal if the London team are to featured in a play-off opportunity by end of season.

Point being many here don't seem to rate him anymore / believe he's surplus towards future team endeavors. Holy is capable and still requires time to fit in and Norris features first more often than not. If Blackburn or Cardiff are in the hunt also as read then guess it's probable he won't be returning here as a permanent player. Our promotion hopes hang in the balance and Bialkowski won't want to drop back a division now he's been involved - and can continue to do so - at a higher level.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:38 pm

Cardiff let QPR put 6 past them couple weeks ago. You sure they want Bart? :shock:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:52 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:22 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:14 pm
Or swap them round if that doesn't work......... Rotate them if you like........, (cue circus carousel music)
:lol: :lol: git !

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:48 pm

I think now is the time to sell Bart, he is back to his best by all accounts and with a few clubs interested, he could at any time lose form and we end up either with his wages to pay or getting peanuts for him, right now he is worth a million or more IMO.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:58 pm

Over-rated and over-priced! See ya!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:03 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:58 pm
Over-rated and over-priced! See ya!
100% agree with you there !

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

I second or third that !!!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:34 pm

I guess you guys will all be happy then when we accept a third of the asking price and get rid of his salary off the payroll.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:21 pm

I will yes

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:42 pm

Yes .... I’d suggest his wages are a drain on the coffers.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:35 pm

It would appear we can no longer recall Bart from his loan at Millwall during the January transfer window as we only had a limited period in which we could recall him with the cut-off date having passed earlier this week.

This being the case Bart will now remain with the Lions for the rest of the season.

Opportunity gone.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:39 pm

Bart says he’d be happy to join his loan club Millwall on a permanent basis at the end of the season.

I guess that’s the job done now as long as the two clubs can agree a fee.