From the owner

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

From the owner

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:09 am

Tangfastic

Re: From the owner

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:49 am

Can’t say I’m convinced Evans wrote this. Reads like just more PR to me - and also taking a bit of heat of Lambert.

I’d say if you’re trying to perfect a more technical style of playing then get that right first with a set group of players - and then start introducing other players who can fit into that system or style of play. Not let’s give every player game-time here and there and then hope it all clicks. I’m still not sure what system we have or are trying to achieve.

if we narrowly beat Accrington by playing scrappy football on Saturday then I’d prefer that to a technical master class where we come away with a draw or a defeat. We just need a win at the moment to reboot our season again.

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:16 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:09 am
https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/januar ... ich-style/ Ha Ha unbelievable.

What would you have liked him to say?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:29 am

I despair really . The Club is damned if it does, and dammed if it doesn’t .

Not sure what some fans actually want the Club to that is realistic in a basically f*cked game, in this Country?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:43 am

Ando wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:16 am
derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:09 am
https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/januar ... ich-style/ Ha Ha unbelievable.

What would you have liked him to say?
As Tang has already alluded to, its just another PR stunt and designed to take the so called pressure off PL. The only way that is going to happen is if we get promoted. The fans wont except another year in this division playing pretty football.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:00 am

They may have to accept playing in this division another season if we don’t get promoted though. What else can the fans do ??

This is another fans view: can’t say I disagree with it either!

BangaloreBlues added 07:58 - Jan 10
He's right that we need stability.
When fans are screaming for the manager's head, that passes on to the players and affects their performance. Too many clubs sack managers on regular basis and do not allow the time needed to build a team.
Fans need to understand, we are not ITFC UEFA Cup Winners 1981, or Play Off Champions 2000. We are ITFC in League One, technically the worst we've been since 1957.
Therefore we need time to rebuild, to start from the bottom and build upwards from here. That may take time. We might be in League One for a season or two, and fans cannot expect us to be promoted at the first attempt.
It's time to let reality sink in and get behind the team.
There aren't many better managers than PL to get us out of this league.
Now he's been given the contract, it's up to us to give him and the players all the support they need to get where we need to be.
So please, enough of this moaning, anger, and hatred. Time to move on.
The time is now, not in the past.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:08 am

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:00 am
They may have to accept playing in this division another season if we don’t get promoted though. What else can the fans do ??

Stop going to Portman Road which is what will happen if we don't go back up this season.
The novelty factor of being in League 1 will soon wear off and then the financial gap between being in the Championship and League 1 will become even wider. The reason why I keep saying it is so important that we take the opportunity of getting back to the Championship this season.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:26 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:08 am
hallamblue wrote:

Stop going to Portman Road which is what will happen if we don't go back up this season.
The novelty factor of being in League 1 will soon wear off and then the financial gap between being in the Championship and League 1 will become even wider. The reason why I keep saying it is so important that we take the opportunity of getting back to the Championship this season.
Spot on Shed. We wont be getting near 20,000 at PR every week once promotion cant be achieved.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:44 am

If anyone at all can be bothered to dig up Mevans interviews from the past, (I can’t) —-> it’s all just the same stuff, different names. Especially after RK was emptied and Jewell came in. “Cohesive units” etc etc.
I mean it’s all true, but ..... WHEN is it going to click, Marcus? Ipswich fans have been waiting for easily 7 or 8 years after hearing this very same narrative.

I don’t think it’s that bad that a high percentage of ITFC fans DID in fact expect the club to tear it up in League One. Doesn’t take an idiot to realise that the League is hard, BUT, for a fanbase that haven’t attended Portman Road to witness 3rd tier football for 6.2 decades, what else could the fans expect?
The fans have had “cohesive unit” chat since Paul Jewell walked in the door. Fans think, “Oh well, years of cohesiveness will come to the fore next season; we should do pretty well.”
I certainly can’t blame fans for that expectation.

One thing that Mevans did say, which I’m sure regular attending fan Bluemike will agree with......, it’ll be an arguably more physical League.
I know I bang on about Hibs, (apologies for that) but they’re my only football reference, and when in the league lower ——-> regularly kicked off the park. VERY physical. And, lower level refs. Not sure if that’s a bad thing though.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:51 am

Shed on tour wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Well that says a given really Shed isn’t it ! And not rocket science either. However I think it should be recognised the massive support Lambert has achieved both home and away this season: something that hadn’t happened at this Club in over a decade. So something must be right !

I seem to recall Town fans “ speaking “ in volumes when shyte face McCarthy continued to serve up the crap he did . Fans in their thousands returned their season tickets and didn’t renew. The suggestion on another thread on TB that Ipswich Fans are all nicey nicey and don’t ever demonstrate their displeasure is a fallacy. Granted not all Town fans will march en bloc with placards demanding the manager or owner leave - there’s more than one way to “demonstrate “ !

Perhaps those Town fans who really want Evans gone should perhaps “put up” themselves, via social media based, anti Evans groups or social media driven petitions, or if not willing to act on their own beliefs stop ridiculing other fans for their beliefs / approach. You pays your money , as they say . But the majority of Town fans appear
to back and support both the current manager and the owner. But for those who do not , that’s their right , bug either DO something to register their beliefs or shut up moaning about things .

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:02 am

What is your ultimate “No, this must stop” position, Hallam? Not having a go.
(I feel nowadays, every post must start with, “not having a go”) :lol: Just feel I have to ask especially as you’re so passionate about your own belief that you want fellow fans to “shut up”.

Would it be a relegation battle to save league one survival? Would you yourself then think about starting a social media based movement? What would be your “NO MORE” point. Thankfully it’s hypothetical at the moment. :D

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:32 am

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:51 am
Shed on tour wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Well that says a given really Shed isn’t it ! And not rocket science either. However I think it should be recognised the massive support Lambert has achieved both home and away this season: something that hadn’t happened at this Club in over a decade. So something must be right !

I seem to recall Town fans “ speaking “ in volumes when shyte face McCarthy continued to serve up the crap he did . Fans in their thousands returned their season tickets and didn’t renew. The suggestion on another thread on TB that Ipswich Fans are all nicey nicey and don’t ever demonstrate their displeasure is a fallacy. Granted not all Town fans will march en bloc with placards demanding the manager or owner leave - there’s more than one way to “demonstrate “ !

Perhaps those Town fans who really want Evans gone should perhaps “put up” themselves, via social media based, anti Evans groups or social media driven petitions, or if not willing to act on their own beliefs stop ridiculing other fans for their beliefs / approach. You pays your money , as they say . But the majority of Town fans appear
to back and support both the current manager and the owner.
But for those who do not , that’s their right , bug either DO something to register their beliefs or shut up moaning about things .
Well if the majority of the fans support the club, manager and owner - what are you worried about? Surely it shouldn’t be a concern to you until a majority of fans turn on the club or manager or owner. Don’t get why you’re pissed off and why you think people should so easily swallow a shallow ‘explanation’ to why things aren’t going so smooth.

That Evans’ statement is just PR fluff. Well done, Marcus, for saying something and hopefully it will ease the pressure on Lambert to focus on the team - but it’s still fluff. He’ll get flak, but at least he’s taking one for the team.

Actually that condescending crap from BangaloreBlue that was posted, pissed me off far more. It could have been written a year ago! Asking fans to get a reality check, to support the cub and it’s time to rebuild! Huh .... we’ve had a reality check for the past year - we knew we were getting relegated a year ago. The fans have mostly been brilliant and supported the club - ticket sales proves that. Time to rebuild - we’ve had a year to rebuild and Lambert was given a ‘free-hit’ from the fans with relegation and an opportunity to rebuild a year back. We should be seeing the signs of that rebuild by now.

For someone who holds their own beliefs in high regard, you don’t seem to like hearing other people’s beliefs or opinions.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:35 am

Why are we doing the autopsy now for christ sake ? We are half way through the season, who's to say we aren't going up, unless of course you've given up already, f*ck me if it was decided now Mo Farrah would never have won a bloody race !!! If at the end of the season we've failed then yes go to town on ripping your club to bits.

For me that article makes perfect sense but then again I'm f**king stupid right ? Who the hell cares who wrote it ? Everyone believes what Donald Trump says but he writes pretty much none of it himself!!! I really don't know how the club can ever win, this f**king myth that some of us are happy in League One is pissing me off now, how bloody stupid are people.

For what its worth I dont think attendances will drop that much if we stay here for another season but I hope the element that moan at every f**king thing do f*ck off tbh. Getting so bloody angry with this sh*t now.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:39 am

Aaaaaaand Relax, man!! It’s a debate that’s been started on the back of Mevans words, regardless if he wrote it or not.
Watched “The Fix” on Netflix last night and thankfully, we’re not robots just yet. We can’t all agree on everything.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:35 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:39 am
Aaaaaaand Relax, man!! It’s a debate that’s been started on the back of Mevans words, regardless if he wrote it or not.
Watched “The Fix” on Netflix last night and thankfully, we’re not robots just yet. We can’t all agree on everything.
Absolutely spot on.
Whatever our opinions are of the owner or manager at the end of the day virtually all of us on here support ITFC.
I myself think it’s a shame that some friendships which have been built over a period of time through following ITFC have come to an end because of differences on here how the club should be run.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:01 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:32 am
hallamblue wrote:
Shed on tour wrote:
[/b]

But for those who do not , that’s their right , bug either DO something to register their beliefs or shut up moaning about things .
Well if the majority of the fans support the club, manager and owner - what are you worried about? Surely it shouldn’t be a concern to you until a majority of fans turn on the club or manager or owner. Don’t get why you’re pissed off and why you think people should so easily swallow a shallow ‘explanation’ to why things aren’t going so smooth.

That Evans’ statement is just PR fluff. Well done, Marcus, for saying something and hopefully it will ease the pressure on Lambert to focus on the team - but it’s still fluff. He’ll get flak, but at least he’s taking one for the team.

Actually that condescending crap from BangaloreBlue that was posted, pissed me off far more. It could have been written a year ago! Asking fans to get a reality check, to support the cub and it’s time to rebuild! Huh .... we’ve had a reality check for the past year - we knew we were getting relegated a year ago. The fans have mostly been brilliant and supported the club - ticket sales proves that. Time to rebuild - we’ve had a year to rebuild and Lambert was given a ‘free-hit’ from the fans with relegation and an opportunity to rebuild a year back. We should be seeing the signs of that rebuild by now.

For someone who holds their own beliefs in high regard, you don’t seem to like hearing other people’s beliefs or opinions.

Thanks for that tang 👍

I don’t hold my beliefs any higher than anyone else’s tang. But I do get fed up of people constantly Moaning whenever Evans makes a statement regarding the Club.

As far as I can see he’s trying to communicate with the fans more ( he was constantly critter bring allusive wasn’t he !) So ad I r said , the Club (Evans) appears damned if he does, snd dumbed if he doesn’t. He can’t bloody win in some people’s eyes .

For those of the opinion that Evans is toxic and needs to go - fine that’s their opinion. But if they want him out stop bloody MOANING about it and try to be perhaps more PROACTIVE and DO something about, if they’re not happy with things. That’s not me criticising their “ opinion”, but just the fact that all they seem to do is moan about Tyy things and don’t take the necessary action to bring about their wishes.

Ps : do you really think it’s going take a year to rebuild this club under Lamberts reign ? Id suggest that’s probably unrealistic. But just my view of course , and certainly not being high and mighty as you've do kindly suggested I am!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:12 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:35 pm
marko69 wrote:
Absolutely spot on.
Whatever our opinions are of the owner or manager at the end of the day virtually all of us on here support ITFC.
I myself think it’s a shame that some friendships which have been built over a period of time through following ITFC have come to an end because of differences on here how the club should be run.
Tony, the only people I have ceased to be friends with are when they get personal, nothing to do with football opinions mate.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:13 pm

Mevans speaks.
When is it past this stage Marcus?
Stop whinging
Yes, but its been years of the same.
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't
Yes, but,....... it was the same rhetoric when in the Championship. Now League One? Improvement?
He runs a steady ship, stop moaning
Yes ........, but.........

Classic "THE WHEELS ON THE BUS.................... "

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:18 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:01 pm
tangfastic wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Thanks for that tang 👍

I don’t hold my beliefs any higher than anyone else’s tang. But I do get fed up of people constantly Moaning whenever Evans makes a statement regarding the Club.

As far as I can see he’s trying to communicate with the fans more ( he was constantly critter bring allusive wasn’t he !) So ad I r said , the Club (Evans) appears damned if he does, snd dumbed if he doesn’t. He can’t bloody win in some people’s eyes .

For those of the opinion that Evans is toxic and needs to go - fine that’s their opinion. But if they want him out stop bloody MOANING about it and try to be perhaps more PROACTIVE and DO something about, if they’re not happy with things. That’s not me criticising their “ opinion”, but just the fact that all they seem to do is moan about Tyy things and don’t take the necessary action to bring about their wishes.

Ps : do you really think it’s going take a year to rebuild this club under Lamberts reign ? Id suggest that’s probably unrealistic. But just my view of course , and certainly not being high and mighty as you've do kindly suggested I am!
Who wrote that ? Norman Collier :lol:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:12 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
marko69 wrote:
Absolutely spot on.
Tony, the only people I have ceased to be friends with are when they get personal, nothing to do with football opinions mate.
Mike
Wasn't just referring to your situation but have seen it happen over the years from when this forum virtually begun.
I agree there is absolutely no need for things to get personal and if that does happen then I fully understand how things breakdown.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:32 pm

Totally agree, Shed. Things should NEVER get personal. It's not good at all and can only lead to unrest.

Now if you could just get that flippin avatar changed, that'd be just great. Cheers :D

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:41 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:32 pm
Totally agree, Shed. Things should NEVER get personal. It's not good at all and can only lead to unrest.

Now if you could just get that flippin avatar changed, that'd be just great. Cheers :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:55 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:26 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Shed on tour wrote:

Absolutely spot on.
Mike
Wasn't just referring to your situation but have seen it happen over the years from when this forum virtually begun.
I agree there is absolutely no need for things to get personal and if that does happen then I fully understand how things breakdown.

..... and for the record Shed, I wasn’t actually having a go at you. Just venting my frustrations on here as others do .

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:58 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:18 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:01 pm
tangfastic wrote:

Thanks for that tang 👍

Who wrote that ? Norman Collier :lol:
No that’s what happens trying to post from a mobile phone , lol, not ideal I know !

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:25 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:55 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:26 pm
Bluemike wrote:

Mike
..... and for the record Shed, I wasn’t actually having a go at you. Just venting my frustrations on here as others do .
Hallam
Never thought you were and even if it was the case, as the missus when she has a go at me says, “it’s like water off a duck’s back”. :lol:
As for the frustration bit, I’ve already been told don’t come home in a foul mood if they lose tomorrow. I mean as if I would! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:48 pm

More Hibs chat, Shed but relevant to the mood thing.....

Early 2000s, Semi final at Hampden, v Aberdeen. 1-0 up, ten mins to play......, FT 2-1 Aberdeen, usual Hibs story.

A buddy, walked back to station, train all the way to Edinburgh, walked to pub on Leith walk, ......., all that time has passed, (3hrs?)....., someone in the pub jokingly said, "Cheer up"....., loud as a very loud thing, he shouts, "FK OFF!" Needless to say, myself and my other buddies informed him to pee off home and come back in a better mood.

Moody football fans? The absolute worst.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:52 pm

Here is another one,..... 1st year High School, just back from living in OZ, .... knew no one at school so had to make friends. Had a cockney lad in registration class. Spurs fan. He came in to school one monday morning in a shocking mood.
"Whats wrong with you?"
"Spurs. Beaten by Everton at home on saturday."
"Youve had all fking sunday to get over it you fkn knob."

Not the best way to make friends.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:59 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:48 pm

Early 2000s, Semi final at Hampden, v Aberdeen. 1-0 up, ten mins to play......, FT 2-1 Aberdeen, usual Hibs story.

A buddy, walked back to station, train all the way to Edinburgh, walked to pub on Leith walk, ......., all that time has passed, (3hrs?)....., someone in the pub jokingly said, "Cheer up"....., loud as a very loud thing, he shouts, "FK OFF!" Needless to say, myself and my other buddies informed him to pee off home and come back in a better mood.

Marko
The worse mood I was ever in was after watching us lose the 75 FA Cup semi-Final replay at Stamford Bridge ( the Clive Thomas one).
Had only just started a new job and when I went in the office the next morning one of the girls started to whistle I’m forever blowing bubbles. I told her in a polite way to feck off. What I can’t understand though is I ended up marrying her. :? :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:02 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:59 pm
marko69 wrote:

Marko
The worse mood I was ever in was after watching us lose the 75 FA Cup semi-Final replay at Stamford Bridge ( the Clive Thomas one).
Had only just started a new job and when I went in the office the next morning one of the girls started to whistle I’m forever blowing bubbles. I told her in a polite way to feck off. What I can’t understand though is I ended up marrying her. :? :lol:
Hahahahahahaha!! AWESOME! :lol:

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:27 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:02 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:59 pm
marko69 wrote:

Marko
Hahahahahahaha!! AWESOME! :lol:
5 pts :lol: