From the owner

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: From the owner

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:37 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:25 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:55 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Mike
Wasn't just referring to your situation but have seen it happen over the years from when this forum virtually begun.
I agree there is absolutely no need for things to get personal and if that does happen then I fully understand how things breakdown.
..... and for the record Shed, I wasn’t actually having a go at you. Just venting my frustrations on here as others do .
Hallam
Never thought you were and even if it was the case, as the missus when she has a go at me says, “it’s like water off a duck’s back”. :lol:
As for the frustration bit, I’ve already been told don’t come home in a foul mood if they lose tomorrow. I mean as if I would! :lol:
Lol I don’t think I’ve ever seen you in a bad mood . In fact I do wonder what you’re on sometimes , when we’ve been that bloody bad ! :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:46 pm

I'm just gonna be a complete argumentative cnut from now on. . . ..

Wait for it, who's gonna say it first !!!! Think I'll run a book.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:51 pm

:lol:

£20 on Deeko-Boy

Don't let me down, Derick

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:55 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:59 pm
marko69 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:48 pm
More Hibs chat, Shed but relevant to the mood thing.....

Early 2000s, Semi final at Hampden, v Aberdeen. 1-0 up, ten mins to play......, FT 2-1 Aberdeen, usual Hibs story.

A buddy, walked back to station, train all the way to Edinburgh, walked to pub on Leith walk, ......., all that time has passed, (3hrs?)....., someone in the pub jokingly said, "Cheer up"....., loud as a very loud thing, he shouts, "FK OFF!" Needless to say, myself and my other buddies informed him to pee off home and come back in a better mood.

Moody football fans? The absolute worst.
Marko
The worse mood I was ever in was after watching us lose the 75 FA Cup semi-Final replay at Stamford Bridge ( the Clive Thomas one).
Had only just started a new job and when I went in the office the next morning one of the girls started to whistle I’m forever blowing bubbles. I told her in a polite way to feck off. What I can’t understand though is I ended up marrying her. :? :lol:
Was 9 years old then and that game and that flaming referee still one of my nightmares !!! (And Mick Mills)

Coming back to this from Evens.. I am no lover of his, i have kept my feelings on him personally quite low but i seriously feel he could of done more in the past with helping MM. Not going to get drawn onto that for that area as been and gone.
Having said this, lots used to moan, complain he kept quiet, out of sight, so in that sense its good he is talking, doing articles. At least hes more in the public eye.

Only real way to stop any negative thoughts away is for Ipswich to start winning again. End of story

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:00 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:46 pm

(Please read the whole post before you attack :lol: )
How many times have you said we were shyte in your match reports? Quite a few times if I remember correctly. So you must be a tad concerned by our lack of progress? I think ME should have made that statement before the season began. The problem is we started the season looking like we'd bounce right back...for many of us the expectations of immediate promotion have been raised. Never the less, if we regain our form and look like promotion contenders again everything will be rosy again.

I will say I'm happy we still have fans like you Bluemike. Your positivity has certainly changed my stance on our future many times. I'm sure for many of us, if we were attending the matches home and away like you have for so long we'd have a different perspective on things. Have a little patience with the moaners when we're not doing well. :wink:

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:02 pm

I need the tissues :roll: yet another 5 yrs 'plan' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yet another pitiful yapping from him but he knows that number of people will lap it up as they always do. To be fair to some though there is slow, growing discontent and some threads on TWTD will tell you that.

He is trying to convince us that he 'understands' football :lol: :lol: :lol: His knowledge about football could be written on the back of 2nd class stamp.

A few years of destruction and failure and he is coming up with yet another ... 'plan'. :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:07 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:55 pm
Only real way to stop any negative thoughts away is for Ipswich to start winning again. End of story

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:13 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:01 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:32 am
hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:51 am

Well that says a given really Shed isn’t it ! And not rocket science either. However I think it should be recognised the massive support Lambert has achieved both home and away this season: something that hadn’t happened at this Club in over a decade. So something must be right !

I seem to recall Town fans “ speaking “ in volumes when shyte face McCarthy continued to serve up the crap he did . Fans in their thousands returned their season tickets and didn’t renew. The suggestion on another thread on TB that Ipswich Fans are all nicey nicey and don’t ever demonstrate their displeasure is a fallacy. Granted not all Town fans will march en bloc with placards demanding the manager or owner leave - there’s more than one way to “demonstrate “ !

Perhaps those Town fans who really want Evans gone should perhaps “put up” themselves, via social media based, anti Evans groups or social media driven petitions, or if not willing to act on their own beliefs stop ridiculing other fans for their beliefs / approach. You pays your money , as they say . But the majority of Town fans appear
to back and support both the current manager and the owner.
But for those who do not , that’s their right , bug either DO something to register their beliefs or shut up moaning about things .
Well if the majority of the fans support the club, manager and owner - what are you worried about? Surely it shouldn’t be a concern to you until a majority of fans turn on the club or manager or owner. Don’t get why you’re pissed off and why you think people should so easily swallow a shallow ‘explanation’ to why things aren’t going so smooth.

That Evans’ statement is just PR fluff. Well done, Marcus, for saying something and hopefully it will ease the pressure on Lambert to focus on the team - but it’s still fluff. He’ll get flak, but at least he’s taking one for the team.

Actually that condescending crap from BangaloreBlue that was posted, pissed me off far more. It could have been written a year ago! Asking fans to get a reality check, to support the cub and it’s time to rebuild! Huh .... we’ve had a reality check for the past year - we knew we were getting relegated a year ago. The fans have mostly been brilliant and supported the club - ticket sales proves that. Time to rebuild - we’ve had a year to rebuild and Lambert was given a ‘free-hit’ from the fans with relegation and an opportunity to rebuild a year back. We should be seeing the signs of that rebuild by now.

For someone who holds their own beliefs in high regard, you don’t seem to like hearing other people’s beliefs or opinions.

Thanks for that tang 👍

I don’t hold my beliefs any higher than anyone else’s tang. But I do get fed up of people constantly Moaning whenever Evans makes a statement regarding the Club.

As far as I can see he’s trying to communicate with the fans more ( he was constantly critter bring allusive wasn’t he !) So ad I r said , the Club (Evans) appears damned if he does, snd dumbed if he doesn’t. He can’t bloody win in some people’s eyes .

For those of the opinion that Evans is toxic and needs to go - fine that’s their opinion. But if they want him out stop bloody MOANING about it and try to be perhaps more PROACTIVE and DO something about, if they’re not happy with things. That’s not me criticising their “ opinion”, but just the fact that all they seem to do is moan about Tyy things and don’t take the necessary action to bring about their wishes.

Ps : do you really think it’s going take a year to rebuild this club under Lamberts reign ? Id suggest that’s probably unrealistic. But just my view of course , and certainly not being high and mighty as you've do kindly suggested I am!
I think you’re over-estimating the significance of this Evans statement. Fair dues to him in support of Lambert, but it was pretty half-baked and doesn’t really mean much. If you've bought into it, then great - you’re choice, but don’t expect everyone to feel the same level of excitement that you got.

If I was now given a choice of one thing out of (1) a scratchy win against Accrington (2) the long-term contract for Paul Lambert or (3) the Marcus Evans statement, I would choose (1) a win against Accrington. (2) and (3) don’t mean anything if we can’t start winning. Best thing for this club right now - just start to win matches. Simple. You don’t need 1 year or 5 years - you just need 90 minutes.

And this thing about rebuilding the club. Is that the new spin from the PR department to gain more time and sell more season tickets?Fine, rebuild the club - but get out of this league first and rebuild in the Championship. It’s completely realistic with the squad and resources we have to get promotion in the first season and , most importantly, in a league where there are a lot of mediocre teams. No-one has taken this league by the scruff of the neck yet whilst we’ve been f**king around with improving our technical abilities or getting 2 players for every position.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:16 pm

number 9 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:00 pm
Bluemike wrote:

How many times have you said we were shyte in your match reports? Quite a few times if I remember correctly. So you must be a tad concerned by our lack of progress? I think ME should have made that statement before the season began. The problem is we started the season looking like we'd bounce right back...for many of us the expectations of immediate promotion have been raised. Never the less, if we regain our form and look like promotion contenders again everything will be rosy again.

I will say I'm happy we still have fans like you Bluemike. Your positivity has certainly changed my stance on our future many times. I'm sure for many of us, if we were attending the matches home and away like you have for so long we'd have a different perspective on things. Have a little patience with the moaners when we're not doing well. :wink:
Yes and thats exactly it, you've hit the nail on the head, I comment on every game on its own individual merits, if we are crap I'll say it, what I can't deal with is the negativity from some no matter what the result or how we play, the good run was fortuitous while the bad is the real us apparently, I can ask you or anyone else to start a new thread on a new topic and I guarantee you I can name the negative posters before the chat even begins, it's in their blood, same with certain players, they will be crap every game no matter how they play, god even I praised Knudsen when he played well and that took some doing, I could probably even name the match lmao.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:18 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:51 pm

£20 on Deeko-Boy

Winnings in the post, sadly the odds were only 1/100 :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:20 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:16 pm
god even I praised Knudsen when he played well and that took some doing, I could probably even name the match lmao.
I do not remember the match itself, but I distinctly remember there being a blue moon that night.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:21 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:18 pm
marko69 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:51 pm

£20 on Deeko-Boy

Winnings in the post, sadly the odds were only 1/100 :lol:
:lol: Thats less than the stamp required. Its ok, forget it! Keep it. :lol:

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:22 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:16 pm
number 9 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:00 pm
Bluemike wrote:

Yes and thats exactly it, you've hit the nail on the head, I comment on every game on its own individual merits, if we are crap I'll say it, what I can't deal with is the negativity from some no matter what the result or how we play, the good run was fortuitous while the bad is the real us apparently, I can ask you or anyone else to start a new thread on a new topic and I guarantee you I can name the negative posters before the chat even begins, it's in their blood, same with certain players, they will be crap every game no matter how they play, god even I praised Knudsen when he played well and that took some doing, I could probably even name the match lmao.

Only real times i liked Knudsen and thought he did ok was when he scored against Norwich.

Highly overrated and even his throw ins was more in dangering us on the counter attack than threatening our opponents goal!!!

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:54 pm

I thought it was a decent article. He can't win really.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:02 pm

Opponents did actually score from one Knudsen throw in!
I tried to give him 2-3 seasons in my own mind to first “ settle in” to the English game, then hoped that he’d come good thereafter, but he never really did. I didn’t like his arrogance when he’d returned from the World Cup, all Billy big bollox, and was more than happy when moved on tbh .

I had hoped Kenlock would step up to the plate thereafter, but he’s still not managed either. I Wish we could find a right back addition in the KVY mould tbh .

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:05 pm

Andym wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:54 pm
He can't win really.
Oh no. So he's in the same boat as Paul Lambert? That is indeed bad news.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:07 pm

Lol .... well hopefully Town will get back to winning ways against “ in form “(apparently), Accy Stanley .

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:12 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:07 pm
Lol .... well hopefully Town will get back to winning ways against “ in form “(apparently), Accy Stanley .
Have yourself one of these, lady!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:39 pm

Andym wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:54 pm
I thought it was a decent article. He can't win really.
Ok, I'm coming out, love you Andy :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:40 pm

I reckon if we lose tomorrow I will carry out my first banning of someone saturday evening, I can feel it

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:48 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:39 pm
Ok, I'm coming out,
...... it’s about darn time! You too have some of this......

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:23 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:43 am
Ando wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:16 am
derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:09 am
https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/januar ... ich-style/ Ha Ha unbelievable.

What would you have liked him to say?
As Tang has already alluded to, its just another PR stunt and designed to take the so called pressure off PL. The only way that is going to happen is if we get promoted. The fans wont except another year in this division playing pretty football.
I would not say it’s a PR stunt, he has come out with a statement after giving the manager a new contract explaining the rationale behind it. Lots of fans used to moan because ME never communicated and said he should. Now he does people are moaning about him doing so. If people are unhappy with what’s said then that’s a different debate.

There were no “PR stunts” for Hurst so why should it be any different for PL.

So what would you have liked him to have said and done?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:16 pm

Y.....M.....C....A..... it's fun to stay at the Y.....M.....C.....A.....

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:44 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:16 pm
Y.....M.....C....A..... it's fun to stay at the Y.....M.....C.....A.....
LMAO! :lol:

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:24 am

More like W....A....C....O

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:24 am

Ando wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:23 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:43 am
Ando wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:16 am

What would you have liked him to say?
As Tang has already alluded to, its just another PR stunt and designed to take the so called pressure off PL. The only way that is going to happen is if we get promoted. The fans wont except another year in this division playing pretty football.
I would not say it’s a PR stunt, he has come out with a statement after giving the manager a new contract explaining the rationale behind it. Lots of fans used to moan because ME never communicated and said he should. Now he does people are moaning about him doing so. If people are unhappy with what’s said then that’s a different debate.

There were no “PR stunts” for Hurst so why should it be any different for PL.

So what would you have liked him to have said and done?
Thank you for reinforcing my view/ point. It seems it’s only acknowledged if someone else makes the same point . Wonder why that is ? 🤔

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:23 pm

Real Brentford, AC Brentford......., Inter Brentford......., No, think its just Brentford? Whats the saying these days? "Tearing it up"? Tearing it the fk up in the Championship. Brentford. This could add fuel to the ongoing debate about Mevans' policy, 5 point plans etc etc, but I am honestly not trying to add fuel. Its just debate-worthy. Brentford, FFS.

ITFC better win today v AC---crington.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:16 pm

You fuel adding bar steward :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:14 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:16 pm
You fuel adding bar steward :lol:
Lol,It really does come across like that, I agree.

But after checking my football bet and to see Brentford 3-0 up at HT to QPR who they themselves have scored something 11 goals past two games, thought -----> Brentford? How?