JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
User avatar
Shed on tour
Posts: 7210
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:48 am

Marko
I’ve forgotten but what was your opinion on Priskin?
:D

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:52 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:48 am
Marko
I’ve forgotten but what was your opinion on Priskin?
:D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Blue touch paper lit. Now stand back and wait for the fireworks! :lol:

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12790
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:27 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:48 am
Marko
I’ve forgotten but what was your opinion on Priskin?
:D
Since leaving Town Tamas Priskins career has gone from strength to strength, I can’t believe he’s still playing and only 33.

On 7 September 2012, as Hungary started 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification with a 5–0 win in Andorra, Priskin scored the fourth goal.

On 5 June 2015, he scored the 4th goal for Hungary against Lithuania in the 30th minute, 35 seconds after teammate Nemanja Nikolić had scored.

On 15 November 2015, he scored the first goal in the second leg of the UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying play-offs against Norway. Priskin was called up in Hungary's UEFA Euro 2016 squad.

On 14 June 2016, Priskin played in the first group match in a 2–0 victory over Austria at the UEFA Euro 2016 Group F match at Nouveau Stade de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France.[40] Three days later on 18 June 2016 he played in a 1–1 draw against Iceland at the Stade Vélodrome, Marseille.

His current club is Ferencváros in Hungary where he’s made 19 appearances scoring 4 goals, he’s currently on loan to another Hungarian club and has scored 7 goals in 21 appearances.

Who would believe his poorest performances were playing for Ipswich Town !

User avatar
BLUEBLOOD
Posts: 2282
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:43 pm

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:07 am

But he did score the winner against Arsenal in the semi final 1st leg League cup at PR 12 Jan 2011 9 years ago …..

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12790
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:14 am

BLUEBLOOD wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:07 am
But he did score the winner against Arsenal in the semi final 1st leg League cup at PR 12 Jan 2011 9 years ago …..

I bet you can’t remember any one of the other four he scored which took over two years and 50 appearances.

Give him his due he’s not been an idle player, since leaving Town he’s played for clubs in Russia, Austria, Israel, Hungary and Slovakia.

Maybe he could add Scotland to the list and have a little loan spell at Hibs just for Marko.

hallamblue
Posts: 24834
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:22 pm

Josh Earl from PNE signs on loan ( 6ft 4ins defender)

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... ns-on-loan

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21980
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:24 pm

Chopra the beer swilling, debt ridden no mark tosser. I mean signing for Alloa at the worst possible time in history ffs. Wanker.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21980
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:26 pm

Priskin, yes played well everywhere else but Town, nothing to do with the lovable fans turning on him at games by any chance? No of course not, same as Delaney, Richards, Parkin, etc etc.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2875
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by number 9 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:25 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:22 pm
Josh Earl from PNE signs on loan ( 6ft 4ins defender)

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... ns-on-loan
Preston fans seem to rate him.

hallamblue
Posts: 24834
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:35 pm

....exactly #9 but sadly there’s a few that have already trashed the kid b4 he’s even pulled the Town shirt on. I despair sometimes

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21980
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:49 pm

Who's trashing him Liz? Forums etc ?

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4265
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Andym » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:26 pm
Priskin, yes played well everywhere else but Town, nothing to do with the lovable fans turning on him at games by any chance? No of course not, same as Delaney, Richards, Parkin, etc etc.
I never understood how a striker could be so regularly offside. But he wasn't as awful as people made out.

Regarding the others, Keane destroyed Delaney by playing him at left back for ages which was clearly not his position and so became a hate figure early on. O always liked Richards, not a great player but always tried to play the right way. Parkin just couldn't make the step up. His inability to get off the ground and win a header was a surprise but really was the classic example of someone who could succeeed at one level but not the next. Not helped by arriving with Forster who was regularly injured so he (Parkin) had precious little support.

I don't follow football enough so will rarely comment on players before they've played a few games for us.

hallamblue
Posts: 24834
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:17 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:49 pm
Who's trashing him Liz? Forums etc ?

Yes, TWTD’s ( some on there, as you’d expect ) and
FB based fans forums .... which is where a lot of fans seem to air their views these days .

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12790
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:45 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever realised how negative and shyte some of our Town fans are. Having lived in Leicestershire for 20+ years and watched Leicester City quite a lot I always thought their fans were the worst for turning on players, far worse than anything I’ve ever seen elsewhere, in fact I thought our fans were Angels by comparison, but it seems ours have gone downhill. Maybe it’s just a sign of the times.
I maybe wrong but from what I read Ipswich isn’t as nice a place to live now as it was in the 60’s and early 70’s although to be fair I didn’t have much to compare it with in those days.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21980
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:34 pm

Andy we have some really good fans but conversely we have an element which are absolute tossers who really get to me as I have the misfortune to witness them on occasions. Some of our fans are very blinkered when saying how good our fan base is, some are, some aren't.

MCCarthy was bang on with the numbskull comment but sadly some who took exception had no reason to, unless of course you are one. Liz is right regarding FB forums, I refuse to post on any of them now because they are by and large moaning morons.

As for Ipswich itself, ir is now a sh*t hole overrun with unwelcome undesirables who have arrived from god knows where, parts of the town are becoming like a bronx or ghetto where long time locals fear to tread and its getting worse and worse.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2875
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by number 9 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:17 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:34 pm
As for Ipswich itself, ir is now a sh*t hole overrun with unwelcome undesirables who have arrived from god knows where, parts of the town are becoming like a bronx or ghetto where long time locals fear to tread and its getting worse and worse.
I'm really sad to hear that about Ipswich. What about the surrounding towns in the county? How have they faired?

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12790
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:26 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:34 pm
Andy we have some really good fans but conversely we have an element which are absolute tossers who really get to me as I have the misfortune to witness them on occasions. Some of our fans are very blinkered when saying how good our fan base is, some are, some aren't.

MCCarthy was bang on with the numbskull comment but sadly some who took exception had no reason to, unless of course you are one. Liz is right regarding FB forums, I refuse to post on any of them now because they are by and large moaning morons.

As for Ipswich itself, ir is now a sh*t hole overrun with unwelcome undesirables who have arrived from god knows where, parts of the town are becoming like a bronx or ghetto where long time locals fear to tread and its getting worse and worse.

I don’t read any Town FB pages other than “The Bobby Robson Years” which I love to look back on but again rarely if ever post.

As for Ipswich, I read recently that Norwich Road particularly town end has become a problem area ?

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21980
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:40 pm

That is exactly it, Norwich road, gangs of undesirables litter the streets and shop doorways constantly, in the summer they congregate on Barrack Corner in their dozens and just come across as intimidating to local residents, only a few weeks back the whole area was cordoned off due to a incident where some burst into a house and stabbed somebody, I've been told it was gang related so who knows but it will be simmering for sure until the next time. I have a friend who owns a small house in the area and they sit on the wall virtually every night talking till all hours and when reported nothing gets done. It really is bad.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21980
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:42 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:17 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:34 pm
As for Ipswich itself, ir is now a sh*t hole overrun with unwelcome undesirables who have arrived from god knows where, parts of the town are becoming like a bronx or ghetto where long time locals fear to tread and its getting worse and worse.
I'm really sad to hear that about Ipswich. What about the surrounding towns in the county? How have they faired?
I think by and large the surrounding villages etc are still relatively untroubled although I am not certain, there are some beautiful places in Suffolk, Ipswich is not one of them, some parts are fine but others are far from good.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18094
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:13 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:48 am
Marko
I’ve forgotten but what was your opinion on Priskin?
:D
Actually Shed, I thought he was absolutely fantastic.
At being incredibly Shyte.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18094
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:16 pm

:lol:
AzzurroMark wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:45 am
marko69 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:18 am
You can’t mention Michael Chopra to Bluemike!! You dodged a bullet there, Azzurro! :lol:
You know me Marko, never one to be controversial! Maybe my New Years resolutions were to try to upset a different person each week lol! :wink: :evil: :lol:
:lol: Well his response says it all. Alloa wanker!
:lol:
That was a genuine sore one. Championship football in grasp...... the fat gambler took it all away!

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3530
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:18 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:17 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:34 pm
As for Ipswich itself, ir is now a sh*t hole overrun with unwelcome undesirables who have arrived from god knows where, parts of the town are becoming like a bronx or ghetto where long time locals fear to tread and its getting worse and worse.
I'm really sad to hear that about Ipswich. What about the surrounding towns in the county? How have they faired?
I lived in a lovely one pub village in Suffolk back in the 80s, just heard the pub has just shut down, :? now its a lovely no pub village. like thousands of village pubs in the country gone for ever, sign of the times aye.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12790
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:46 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:18 pm
number 9 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:17 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:34 pm
As for Ipswich itself, ir is now a sh*t hole overrun with unwelcome undesirables who have arrived from god knows where, parts of the town are becoming like a bronx or ghetto where long time locals fear to tread and its getting worse and worse.
I'm really sad to hear that about Ipswich. What about the surrounding towns in the county? How have they faired?
I lived in a lovely one pub village in Suffolk back in the 80s, just heard the pub has just shut down, :? now its a lovely no pub village. like thousands of village pubs in the country gone for ever, sign of the times aye.

The one thing I loved about living in the pretty village of Woodhouse Eaves in Leicestershire for 20+ years was the lovely village pubs, we had four of them for a population of less than 1400 and each of them was successful.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3530
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:55 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:46 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:18 pm
number 9 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:17 pm


I'm really sad to hear that about Ipswich. What about the surrounding towns in the county? How have they faired?
I lived in a lovely one pub village in Suffolk back in the 80s, just heard the pub has just shut down, :? now its a lovely no pub village. like thousands of village pubs in the country gone for ever, sign of the times aye.

The one thing I loved about living in the pretty village of Woodhouse Eaves in Leicestershire for 20+ years was the lovely village pubs, we had four of them for a population of less than 1400 and each of them was successful.
just looked it up,The village had a population at the 2001 census of 192, including Tannington and increasing to 287 at the 2011 Census.should imagine it was more classed as a Hamlet, the pub did really well when I was there,

hallamblue
Posts: 24834
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:38 pm

Which village was that GnB ?

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21980
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:05 pm

Village of the Damned lol.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4265
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Andym » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:25 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:38 pm
Which village was that GnB ?
I'd guess at Worlingworth?

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4265
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Andym » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:31 pm

£3 million for Woolfie?
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/blades-set ... -1-6465024

Wouldn't want to see him go but doubt if we could get much more given his limited experience. And we would definitely need to spend on a replacement.

User avatar
nicscreamer
Posts: 2033
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: In front of my computer
Contact:

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by nicscreamer » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Maybe if he does go, we could have a loan till end of season?

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12790
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: JAN WINDOW (Transfer news)

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:04 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:55 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:46 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:18 pm


I lived in a lovely one pub village in Suffolk back in the 80s, just heard the pub has just shut down, :? now its a lovely no pub village. like thousands of village pubs in the country gone for ever, sign of the times aye.

The one thing I loved about living in the pretty village of Woodhouse Eaves in Leicestershire for 20+ years was the lovely village pubs, we had four of them for a population of less than 1400 and each of them was successful.
just looked it up,The village had a population at the 2001 census of 192, including Tannington and increasing to 287 at the 2011 Census.should imagine it was more classed as a Hamlet, the pub did really well when I was there,
Well you can’t run a pub for less than 300 people unless it’s a “destination pub” with a decent hinterland.

Post Reply