Lambert is bang on with this.....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Lambert is bang on with this.....

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:54 am

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... us-to-fail

There are people out there wanting us to fail, radio pundits, ex players, even some fans, they love it and pretty much what I have always said, sitting on the keyboards at 4.45 just waiting to dig the knife in.

Tangfastic

Re: Lambert is bang on with this.....

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:01 pm

He’d be even more bang on if he’d said “MOST just want us to win”.

I love Lambert’s reaction to this question.

Asked whether that had any relation to Evans’s statement about the club playing “technical” football, he said: “Marcus wants us to play silky football, is that what he wants, and then we lose games? Is that what he wants?”

Might Evans take some credit for coming up with the system? “Marcus came up with that system? The next game Marcus can sit here, let me and Marcus swap roles, I’ll take that any day of the week. I’ll take all the yachts, I’ll take all the planes, I’ll take all the holidays. I’ll let him sit here and he can do what I do.

You’ve got to try and win. Play silky, silky, silky, silky - lose. The game’s about winning football.

Would make a great reality TV show - Silky Evans on the training pitch and in the dugout whilst Lambo’s lounging on a yacht in the Caribbean.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:38 pm

The thing is Tang it should be "All" connected with Town want us to win, not "most".

Yes I had a chuckle at that too, he certainly doesn't hold back where Evans is concerned that's for sure. :D

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:58 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:38 pm
The thing is Tang it should be "All" connected with Town want us to win, not "most".

Yes I had a chuckle at that too, he certainly doesn't hold back where Evans is concerned that's for sure. :D
I don't think it’s anything to make a big deal about, but there’s definitely something there between him and Evans. I think it’s healthy there’s a bit of niggle and not being too cosy.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Yes, agreed, it should, but it’s unbelievably unrealistic. All 92 clubs in the league, the Vanarama and every club in Scotland will have the more demanding minority. It’s a fact of the sport.

I do agree 100% with one comment from a TWTD-er, he certainly does have an issue dealing with his persecution complex. He CLEARLY can’t deal with negativity.
Two good seasons at Norwich, two promotions.
Leaves by mutual consent in the EPL....
And then leaves at every other club doing poor.

So I think it’s quite imperative that for his own “nature” in how he copes with pressure, the team wins more regularly.

I’m of the thinking that he’ll not be able to speak like that in every press conference. People will quickly get tired of the same rhetoric.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:09 pm

Keep winning, that'll shut the naysayers up.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:11 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:09 pm
Keep winning, that'll shut the naysayers up.
Yep true...... and it’ll help with Lamberts inability to deal with the naysayers. Win, win situation.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:30 pm

Bluemike wrote:

PL is no “ yes man”, unlike McCarthy ( in my view), who just wanted a cushy life on a cool £1m a year contract.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:01 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:30 pm
Bluemike wrote:

PL is no “ yes man”, unlike McCarthy ( in my view), who just wanted a cushy life on a cool £1m a year contract.
Sorry Liz although your not often wrong but you are on this one,

Both are their own man.
Merlin once told the then owner to F off out of the players and his changing room, after Morgan was giving the players grief after losing to WBA, Lasted about 2 weeks after that.
P.L. once told our present owners he wouldn't except the agent bringing in players without his say, lasted about 2 weeks after that.

as I have stated many times. your owner asked Mick to come and keep your club in the Championship, which he did,

Consider yourself told off Liz :wink:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:13 pm

I think Paul Lambert can sometimes be a bit of a prat and always has been. Anyone can spout off crap after a 4-1 win, but sometimes thoughts are best kept in house and not spouted in public. In my opinion he could have won more plaudits focusing more on the teams performance on the pitch than his and Evans relationship which should be kept private.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:48 pm

The guy is intelligent in the football sense, and like he’s told the public many times, “I’ve won stuff” etc etc f**king etc.
But he’s a media dickhead. In my opinion.
In fact I’ve had that avatar now for seven years; couldn’t be more apt for Lambo.

But hopefully he gets the Tractor Boys back to the Championship in his first attempt. Behind him 100%.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:33 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:48 pm
The guy is intelligent in the football sense, and like he’s told the public many times, “I’ve won stuff” etc etc f**king etc.
In fact I’ve had that avatar now for seven years; couldn’t be more apt for Lambo.

But hopefully he gets the Tractor Boys back to the Championship in his first attempt. Behind him 100%.
Ditto

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:44 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:48 pm

BUT, bet you haven't heard how good he was at Borussia Dortmund, we only heard it twice a week op here, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 pm

He was a decent player tbf

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:57 pm

Ando wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 pm

Agreed Ando, he’s not a bad manager either especially at our level. I just wish he’d be a little more circumspect and professional in his dealings with the media where I think he let’s himself down.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:27 am

Ando wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 pm
Very true......., only his media tripe that I’m specifically speaking about.

Could that laddie pass a ball! His vision was second to none. When at Celtic, in one particular game at Easter Road, (4-1 Celtic) he scored one and assisted two of the other three.
AND, before anyone says, “aye but, Hibs?” :lol:
Hibs finished 3rd that year with Big Eck McLeish in charge. Were awesome and actually drew at Parkhead.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:32 am

In the nearly 52 years i have supported Town i never met another Town fan who has wanted Ipswich to "FAIL". Those comments by Lambert are absolute sh*te and that also applies to anybody who thinks any Ipswich Town supporter would want Ipswich to fail. :roll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:15 pm

But you haven't met most of them, they are out there, get along to games, not hard to find them

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:33 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:15 pm
But you haven't met most of them, they are out there, get along to games, not hard to find them
Do you stand near anybody that wants Town to fail? I have not had that experience home or away.

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:41 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:33 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:15 pm
Do you stand near anybody that wants Town to fail? I have not had that experience home or away.
Nor have I.

I've probably been one of the most critical Town fans over the last 15 years or so (though I never was prior to that) - but, to me, the thought that some Town fans want the team to fail simply beggars belief.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:50 pm

Maybe it’s simply “use of words”.

No “Town Fans” would ever want to see the team fail, if they did they definitely aren’t Town Fans.

There maybe one or two numbskulls who follow Town and go to Portman Road for lack of anything else to do in their spare time who aren’t fans but like watching football.

When I lived in Norwich I went to Carrow Road a few times as a neutral simply because I enjoy watching football. I was quite happy to see them lose. 😃

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:08 pm

Ive had someone say to me, on more than one occasion they would be happy to lose as they hate McCarthy so much, similar with Hurst, admittedly not in Lamberts reign, aside from that there are people who revel in it, can't wait to put the boot in and justify the negativity, it really isn't as obscure aa you all think

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:23 pm

I wonder if some of it is directed at the press.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:08 pm
Ive had someone say to me, on more than one occasion they would be happy to lose as they hate McCarthy so much, similar with Hurst, admittedly not in Lamberts reign, aside from that there are people who revel in it, can't wait to put the boot in and justify the negativity, it really isn't as obscure aa you all think
I just question whether these people can be categorised as genuine “Town fans” ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:33 pm

I don't class them as such for sure.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:46 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:01 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Bluemike wrote:

Both are their own man.
Merlin once told the then owner to F off out of the players and his changing room, after Morgan was giving the players grief after losing to WBA, Lasted about 2 weeks after that.
P.L. once told our present owners he wouldn't except the agent bringing in players without his say, lasted about 2 weeks after that.

as I have stated many times. your owner asked Mick to come and keep your club in the Championship, which he did,

.... lol duly noted John . Happy New Year to you too x

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:04 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:46 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:01 pm
hallamblue wrote:

Both are their own man.

.... lol duly noted John . Happy New Year to you too x
Well that the whole site now agreeing with me that Mick was a legion at the Town.
Happy New Year to you Liz, lets hope its a great one for all of us

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:16 pm

“A legion” John, what’s one of those look like. Is it similar to a wanker ?

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:03 pm

PL's post match comments are in replying to questions from the media who basically are after quotes, headlines and maybe some controversy and PL does rise to some of the more asinine and twattish questions from some of them. Basically he doesn't 'suffer fools gladly'and personally I agree with him.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:47 pm

Good point there Ranger👍