Tranmere Rovers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

3 , 1 or no points huh?

Tranmere Win
14%
Ipswich Win
79%
Draw
7%

Total votes: 14

Tangfastic

Re: Tranmere Rovers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:03 pm

Enjoyed the second half. Deserved it in the end. We showed a bit of spirit. If that what it takes on a shitty pitch like that - so be it.

Great ball in from Garbutt for the first - and lovely dinked ball from Norwood for Jackson for the second. Cool finish.

I thought Bish was excellent when he came on. Always positive. Downes my MOTM.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:04 pm

Decent result. Looking forward to reports. I’d say there’s a good chance of automatic promotion this year but how we’d fare in championship with current squad not sure

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:14 pm

We can only keep putting pressure on the top 2. Think Rotherham are looking really solid, but Wycombe amaze me that they are hanging in there. Shame we played Bolton's youth team earlier in the season, i mean, look where Peterborough might have been, rather than languishing in 10th and a massive 8 points adrift of us. :lol: :lol:
Think Coventry are the other team to watch out for.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:16 pm

One step at a time Johnny :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:22 pm

What a turnaround, thoroughly deserved win in the end, we got the ball down and played it on the ground a bit more, woolfy and Chambo started to get forward while Huws had a fab second half but seriously Jackson was superb after the break as was Bishop when he came on, Jackson put 2 or 3 killer balls across the box and had Norwood been on you feel he would have been on the end of them.

Lovely ball for the first, and nice header from Downes who for me was easily MOTM, I think it was Norwood who played Jackson in for the winner and he took it so well. And what an atmosphere from the Blue Army !!! Now for a very happy long journey home.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:24 pm

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Ando wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:16 pm
Fair enough! Lincoln at home it is

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:41 pm

Ando wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:24 pm
the Goals https://twitter.com/spally76/status/121 ... 09024?s=21
Thanks Ando, two very well taken goals from Town.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:42 pm

JohnnyB wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:37 pm
Ando wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:16 pm
Fair enough! Lincoln at home it is
Was referring to the championship bit, would not want to dampen your optimism

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:45 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:41 pm
Ando wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:24 pm
the Goals https://twitter.com/spally76/status/121 ... 09024?s=21
Thanks Ando, two very well taken goals from Town.
The pass from Norwood for Jackson was sublime and fit to grace any game. Had that been jack grealish every commentator would be pissing themselves tight now.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Caption 2 to be fair I’ve seen better w*nk material on the wall.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:53 pm

See the headline:
Norwood pass allows Jackson to secure the points as Tranmere sack all their Stewards.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:55 pm

Until today Tranmere were the only team not to drop points from a winning position

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:57 pm

Whatever about the performance, first half was dire, the result is fantastic. Onwards and upwards.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:45 pm

Well for once im feeling a little happier at todays result. Nice to come from behind ( behave marko) and get 3 points. Listened on the wireless and the performance sounded great, even first half their goal came at a time of ipswich pressure. Good for norwood to get an assist too. All in all, good job done.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:52 pm

Well as they say all’s well that ends well.
Started off badly when we got to the ground and despite having a ticket for the disabled section they decided they had no space available for my daughter as all their wheelchair spaces are taken by their season ticket holders. Needless to say I had a few words to say and asked how did they manage to sell us a ticket then? They then found room for us in their platinum area near the halfway line. When we got up there the staff were brilliant and it was far better than where we’re going to be originally.
Thought Bishop was excellent when he came on and definitely helped in us pushing for the winner. We were far better the 2nd half and deserved the 3 points in the end.
Sorry I didn’t get to meet up with you Derick due to the incompetence of the Tranmere ticket office but hopefully will do so when we play up north in the future.
COYB!!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:01 pm

Forgot to say hate sitting in with home supporters and got a few dirty looks when I celebrated Jackson’s winner. Had to be done though! :D

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:24 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:52 pm
Started off badly when we got to the ground and despite having a ticket for the disabled section they decided they had no space available for my daughter as all their wheelchair spaces are taken by their season ticket holders. Needless to say I had a few words to say and asked how did they manage to sell us a ticket then? They then found room for us in their platinum area near the halfway line. When we got up there the staff were brilliant and it was far better than where we’re going to be originally.
Thought Bishop was excellent when he came on and definitely helped in us pushing for the winner. We were far better the 2nd half and deserved the 3 points in the end.
Sorry I didn’t get to meet up with you Derick due to the incompetence of the Tranmere ticket office but hopefully will do so when we play up north in the future.
COYB!!
When do you go home Shed if your in Chester Tomorrow we could always have that beer.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:37 pm

Well that was a nice day managed to have beer with Bluemike in the pub and Mach the pole at the ground. Unfortunately missed Shed on Tour due to ticketing issues. First half Town were average 2nd half a lot better Jackson was good and deserved his goal. Teddy Bishop made a difference when he came on. One thing I have to mention if any Town fans thinks it is acceptable to run on the pitch when we score do yourself and Ipswich Town fc a favour and stay at home because you are a f**king embarrassment. I will never condone such yobish behaviour. :roll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:55 pm

You did well to climb the hoardings Derick :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:12 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:55 pm

I assume not before running on the pitch :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:19 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:24 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
COYB!!
As it’s daughters birthday tomorrow unfortunately we are fully booked up for the day and head home Monday. Will definitely catch up with you next time we are up this way to see a game though.

When do you go home Shed if your in Chester Tomorrow we could always have that beer.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:22 pm

There is an old Bald fella jumping about around the hoardings on the goal replays, looks Like he’s played loads of football over the years as he has really quick feet. Must be Derick😂

Or is Derick celebrating taking £50 off Rossi

derick_ipsw wrote: ↑Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:51 am
rossi wrote: ↑Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:16 am
My views about Evans are well known on this board - I see no reason to add to them.

It seems that this board contains the many (like Mike and Liz) who view the present situation with optimism for the future, claiming that Paul Lambert is the messiah who will transform the running of the club: and the few (like Mach and myself) who have been denouncing for years the way that Evans has been running the club and predicting a downward spiral which - at present at least - is materialising.

To me, the fact that so many people are prepared to grasp at straws (Paul Lambert, who apart from Norwich does not have a particularly good managerial record) shows exactly how far downward this club has actually spiralled. Has the owner finally learned his lesson? Has Paul Lambert finally shown him the light? From what I know of him and his personality, I doubt it.

I fully intend to keep out of all future debates on where we are heading, but my final word is that, next season, I consider relegation to League 2 to be far more likely than promotion to the Championship.
Rossi, do you fancy a £50 bet. You say Town will finish nearer relegation to League 2 and I say they will finisher nearer to promotion back to the Championship. You up for it? :D
wow - only 2 weeks ago you were saying that we would rise like a phoenix and carry all before us, now you say merely that we will finish closer to promotion than relegation lol.
I would be prepared to make the bet, yes - but how do you propose to get my winnings to me when I win?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 pm

Ando wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:22 pm
There is an old Bald fella jumping about around the hoardings on the goal replays, looks Like he’s played loads of football over the years as he has really quick feet. Must be Derick😂

My views about Evans are well known on this board - I see no reason to add to them.

It seems that this board contains the many (like Mike and Liz) who view the present situation with optimism for the future, claiming that Paul Lambert is the messiah who will transform the running of the club: and the few (like Mach and myself) who have been denouncing for years the way that Evans has been running the club and predicting a downward spiral which - at present at least - is materialising.

To me, the fact that so many people are prepared to grasp at straws (Paul Lambert, who apart from Norwich does not have a particularly good managerial record) shows exactly how far downward this club has actually spiralled. Has the owner finally learned his lesson? Has Paul Lambert finally shown him the light? From what I know of him and his personality, I doubt it.

I fully intend to keep out of all future debates on where we are heading, but my final word is that, next season, I consider relegation to League 2 to be far more likely than promotion to the Championship.
Rossi, do you fancy a £50 bet. You say Town will finish nearer relegation to League 2 and I say they will finisher nearer to promotion back to the Championship. You up for it? :D
wow - only 2 weeks ago you were saying that we would rise like a phoenix and carry all before us, now you say merely that we will finish closer to promotion than relegation lol.
I would be prepared to make the bet, yes - but how do you propose to get my winnings to me when I win?
Have you been drinking? Because none that made any sense what's so ever. :roll:

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:56 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:12 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:55 pm

I assume not before running on the pitch :lol: :lol: :lol:
You 2 should no better. :lol:

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:57 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 pm
Ando wrote:

Sorry Derick it was in reply to mikes post about you dancing on the Hoardings. I thought I spotted you in the crowd from the replays of the goals.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:02 pm

Ando wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:57 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 pm
Ando wrote:

Sorry Derick it was in reply to mikes post about you dancing on the Hoardings. I thought I spotted you in the crowd from the replays of the goals.
Really. What's that got to do with £50 bets with Rossi and rising like a phoenix ?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:10 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:19 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:24 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
COYB!!
As it’s daughters birthday tomorrow unfortunately we are fully booked up for the day and head home Monday. Will definitely catch up with you next time we are up this way to see a game though.

Many happy returns to your daughter for tomorrow hope you have a lovely family day.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:17 pm

Sorry Derick it was in reply to mikes post about you dancing on the Hoardings. I thought I spotted you in the crowd from the replays of the
[/quote]

Really. What's that got to do with £50 bets with Rossi and rising like a phoenix ?
[/quote]

I was searching posts and found the exchange with you and Rossi. Would you not celebrate being right and winning £50. Or should I assume being right comes naturally for you :D

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:10 pm

Ando wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:17 pm
Sorry Derick it was in reply to mikes post about you dancing on the Hoardings. I thought I spotted you in the crowd from the replays of the
[/quote]

I was searching posts and found the exchange with you and Rossi. Would you not celebrate being right and winning £50. Or should I assume being right comes naturally for you :D
[/quote]

Searching posts? Maybe you should get out on the drink because that is sad. I know you are trying very hard to take the p*ss but it's not quite working which is also very sad.