Tranmeres Pitch

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Tranmeres Pitch

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:33 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:14 pm
Not a good thing for anyone to be going through, even more so a golfer who plays most of the year in the better weather. Jaysus H, that must be frustrating. Hopefully you’re back on the golf course in no time. 👍
I’m hoping within 6 weeks Marko but before then I’m hoping to be ok to go to Madrid on 18 Feb for the Athletico v Liverpool game in the Champions League. I also need to beat Hallam back to fitness, I can’t have her running around ahead of me.

Back on topic, I wonder how the pitch held up today ?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:15 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:33 pm
marko69 wrote:
Not a good thing for anyone to be going through, even more so a golfer who plays most of the year in the better weather. Jaysus H, that must be frustrating. Hopefully you’re back on the golf course in no time. 👍
I’m hoping within 6 weeks Marko but before then I’m hoping to be ok to go to Madrid on 18 Feb for the Athletico v Liverpool game in the Champions League. I also need to beat Hallam back to fitness, I can’t have her running around ahead of me.

It's was heavy down the wings with plenty of sand. It did not cut up as much as I expected.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:49 am

Wasn't a lot of bounce on it lol, one early lofted ball hit the pitch and hardly bounced at all.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:16 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:33 pm
marko69 wrote:

Metalwork comes out tomorrow (Monday) for me Charny 👍..... swelling of said foot still a major problem though and time on feet affects that .

You need to ice the pants off that knee and keep moving it plus do your Quads exercise . Work hard munchkin, it’ll be worth it and you’ll get back in your feet sooner . Normally takes about 4-6 weeks . Good luck 😉 xx

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Just watching the Liverpool Man U game. The contrast in the pitch to Tranmere's is beyond belief bearing in mind they are only a few miles apart

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:33 pm

Ando wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:13 pm
Just watching the Liverpool Man U game. The contrast in the pitch to Tranmere's is beyond belief bearing in mind they are only a few miles apart
And a few £100 million :shock:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:03 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:33 pm
Ando wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:13 pm
And a few £100 million :shock:
State of the art underfloor heating, pop up sprinkler systems and the best drainage money can buy gives most Premiership football clubs a playing surface most football clubs only see in August. Looking at Anfield today even the 6 yard box looks like the first game of the season for any club outside the Premier League.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:22 pm

Amazing how times change. Tranmere’s pitch would have been the norm in DIv 1 until the 90’s.

I recall the Old Trafford pitch being about the worse in the early years of the Premier League.