Injuries - again !

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Injuries - again !

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:13 pm

Oh well, that didn’t last long then 🙄

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/lambert-is ... -1-6492311

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Injuries - again !

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:46 pm

Bishop needs to start looking for other work. He's only young and the money he's making now won't last him into his 30's. Get a trade, Teddy. Get into renewable energy or something. Thats the way forward for you. You are the very definition of a "crock" in football. Its a shame, yes, but do yourself a favour and start looking now for another career.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:15 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:46 pm
the money he's making now won't last him into his 30's.
:shock: :shock: :shock: For real? I know the majority of footballers are young idiots who don't understand the value of money, or the importance of saving, but he's probably made £3-4 million in his time here, probably enough to just live off the interest and probably more than twice the average person would make in a lifetime.

Works out at more than £40,000 a game by the way, not too bad going and not aiming at him here, must suck to be injured all the time if you have aspirations of performing on a higher stage, but these kids are set for life, any financial problems in their futures will be of their own making.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:50 pm

Really? Will he have made that much dough for not doing anything at all of note due to injury? Oh well, I take it all back. Stuff renewables, Ted....., great idea but sh*t job. Proceed with 2 games on, 44 games off and making millions. We'd all do it if we could.

Edit: Is Teddy really on 40K a week? For being in a treatment room all season? IN LG 1?

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:15 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:50 pm
Edit: Is Teddy really on 40K a week? For being in a treatment room all season? IN LG 1?
£40,000 a game, he's had a hell of a lot fewer games than he's had weeks here!

As far as I'm aware, other than bonuses, crocked players aren't payed any less? Admittedly t's all made up figures, but he's had 6 years here, average wage in the championship is 20,000 a week apparently, that's £6.25m over 6 years. God knows what the tax man takes at those levels, but they've not got bad accountants, plus there's signing on fees, bonuses and sponsorship, even if I'm way off he ain't poor!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:26 pm

Must admit, I couldn't do the job. I'd end up doing a Cantona into the crowd. But i'd realise thats wrong and do something different.

Scenario
In play: Accidentally fumble and Nutmeg myself, ball goes to opposition forward, scores.
Ashfordblue: "Fk off home you Scottish "C". You wouldn't even get a game for Partick ya pr*ck!"

Go home......, jump off garage roof onto the rockery below, break an ankle......, sit on the bench, get paid, no hassles from the terraces.

But......

Ashfordblue: "Ye not know about Health & safety ya Scottish "C". Go buy a decent ladder ya tight bstd!"