FAO: bluemike

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

FAO: bluemike

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:39 pm

Thanks for the text last night and your concern, much appreciated.
Just to let you know took wife to hospital this morning and fortunately she hasn’t broken anything but has aggravated a arm injury which she was already being treated for by the hospital. Ambulance crew at the ground were brilliant in treating her.
With regards to the behaviour of a few of our so-called fans am taking it up with the club.

K L Blue

Re: FAO: bluemike

Post by K L Blue » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Hope your wife recovers quickly Shed.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:47 pm

You are more than welcome buddy, I got to hear of her accident on the way home from the game. The only consolation is you missed that fuckfest. I really hope all is ok mate.

As for our fans as I have often said, moronic arseholes with a IQ of a deformed slug and zero football knowledge or respect for fellow fans, we can do without them, I was so wanting to punch a particular tosser in the mouth last night, and another one urinating against the back wall of the stand surrounded by fans as he couldn't be arsed to walk to the toilet.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:47 pm
You are more than welcome buddy, I got to hear of her accident on the way home from the game. The only consolation is you missed that fuckfest. I really hope all is ok mate.

As for our fans as I have often said, moronic arseholes with a IQ of a deformed slug and zero football knowledge or respect for fellow fans, we can do without them, I was so wanting to punch a particular tosser in the mouth last night, and another one urinating against the back wall of the stand surrounded by fans as he couldn't be arsed to walk to the toilet.
The worst part was as I was looking after Chris while the ambulance crew attended to her Katrina was on her own and obviously worried about what was going on.
Some of our fans then started to try and get in the wheelchair section and when Katrina said something to them they hurled abuse at her. One of them even told her she was privileged to be in a wheelchair as she got a good view. Good job I wasn’t there as my England Supporters Club membership would have gone there and then as I would have decked the pr*ck.
Fortunately Liz Edwards was nearby and as she knows Katrina from both our Town and England travels she sat with her until I was able to leave Chris in the ambulance.
Sometimes makes you wonder why we bother with this football lark. As you know we have followed England away for the past 20 years and have to say we have never had problems with any fans from other clubs including Norwich supporters when following England. Go to an away game following our own club and a few of our own so-called fans change all that.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:18 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:17 pm
Hope your wife recovers quickly Shed.
Thanks K L Blue

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Didn't mean to intrude but read through what was available and while not aware of the bigger picture, take the opportunity to wish Shed's family are OK and no lasting damage.

This behavior is largely uncharacteristic of our fanbase. Aren't we supposed to be a family oriented club, hospitable and setting something of an example. No team is without it's collection of undesirables (for want of better word) but seems alien to read about incidents of such nature involving our own.

Then again there was the racist allegations at Luton back last fall in the League Cup or whatever the damn thing's labeled. Whether true or otherwise say again it's something you wouldn't necessarily associate with us. I don't know, maybe the fall away in the last decade has changed people's attitudes and there's a touch more hostility about things, unable to provide a definitive answer.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:44 pm

saint jude wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:32 pm
Didn't mean to intrude but read through what was available and while not aware of the bigger picture, take the opportunity to wish Shed's family are OK and no lasting damage.

This behavior is largely uncharacteristic of our fanbase. Aren't we supposed to be a family oriented club, hospitable and setting something of an example. No team is without it's collection of undesirables (for want of better word) but seems alien to read about incidents of such nature involving our own.

Then again there was the racist allegations at Luton back last fall in the League Cup or whatever the damn thing's labeled. Whether true or otherwise say again it's something you wouldn't necessarily associate with us. I don't know, maybe the fall away in the last decade has changed people's attitudes and there's a touch more hostility about things, unable to provide a definitive answer.
We also had a bunch of Bellends running on the pitch at Tranmere.

Shed, hope your wife makes a full recovery and your daughter is ok.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:16 pm

Sorry to hear you had issues at last nights game, Shed. Hope the wife and daughter, (and yourself) are all ok today.

My brother once said about 20 years ago, “these neds will inherit the Earth”....... think he’s definitely correct. Watching Hibs at ER certainly isn’t as enjoyable as it used to be...... 18-25 year olds? ..... just unbelievable behaviour at times.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:17 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:39 pm
Thanks for the text last night and your concern, much appreciated.
Just to let you know took wife to hospital this morning and fortunately she hasn’t broken anything but has aggravated a arm injury which she was already being treated for by the hospital. Ambulance crew at the ground were brilliant in treating her.
With regards to the behaviour of a few of our so-called fans am taking it up with the club.
hope all's good soon Shed, best wishes to the wife and daughter mate,

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:59 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:44 pm
saint jude wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:32 pm

We also had a bunch of Bellends running on the pitch at Tranmere.

Shed, hope your wife makes a full recovery and your daughter is ok.
Exactly Derick, and trust me SJ the racist chanting at Luton DID happen

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:14 pm

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:16 pm

Thanks everybody for your good wishes.
Looks like I will be on washing up duty for the next few weeks.😂 Being serious though things could have turned out far worse so am just grateful they didn’t.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:27 pm

Shed, so sorry and sad to learn of your problems last night some of which should definitely not have happened. I do wish your wife a speedy recovery, and your daughter no long term harm from her unpleasant experience at the hands of our minority moronic fans.