FRIEND/FOE FEATURE

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

barmy billy

FRIEND/FOE FEATURE

Post by barmy billy » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:27 pm

Please will someone explain why I cannot add a Moderator to my friend/foe list?

Serious question.

Ricco

Re: FRIEND/FOE FEATURE

Post by Ricco » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:43 pm

Shouldn't we all be trying to diffuse tensions at the moment? Apologies if I'm wrong, but isn't the intent of this thread for the opposite effect?

In response to the question, they may well be immune to such things.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:57 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:27 pm
Please will someone explain why I cannot add a Moderator to my friend/foe list?

Serious question.
It defeats the object of having mods if people can block them. If you did you may miss important info etc.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:34 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:43 pm
Shouldn't we all be trying to diffuse tensions at the moment? Apologies if I'm wrong, but isn't the intent of this thread for the opposite effect?

I am not mischief making. I am trying to diffuse tension for myself. I hope you understand.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:39 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:34 pm
Ricco wrote:

I am not mischief making. I am trying to diffuse tension for myself. I hope you understand.
Hi BB, I will need to ask my wife how this feature works, she's blocked out everything I have said for years. :wink:

Seriously though, I don't know the answer, I will need to investigate.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:41 pm

Frosty wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:39 pm
barmy billy wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:34 pm
Ricco wrote:

Hi BB, I will need to ask my wife how this feature works, she's blocked out everything I have said for years. :wink:

Seriously though, I don't know the answer, I will need to investigate.
Thanks Frosty.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:40 am

Would be good, Billy....... Frosty the ex Audi driver, must be trying his hardest to be a reformed bellend, but he’s doing a great job in my opinion, ......., and then having a bad day and all you wanna be is negative and you read Mike being positive and trying to uplift the entire forum with mostly reasonable posts regarding the club, grrrrrr annoying...... and Charnwood, and Spain and sunny weather while getting stuck in the snow on Liberton Brae in Edinburgh, grrrrr.
And believe me, the thoughts that come into MY head to post on this place...... I certainly do a good job ignoring myself! :D

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:40 am

Hi BB, I have done some investigation into the Friend/Foe functionality of phpBB bulletin boards and I don’t believe you can add a moderator as a Foe.

The Foe function apparently hides the posts of a person you have marked as a 'foe'. Marking people as 'friends' apparently lists your friends that are online and assists with group PM’s for example.

If you click on my profile does it offer the Friend/Foe option?

Sorry I am unable to do this unless I register a ‘dummy’ account.

Cheers Dave

Edit .... the good news is I was able to make Marko a foe so that has cheered my day up no end. :wink:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:54 am

Isn’t it just possible not to read anybody’s post you don’t want to?

Do we need technology to make our choices for us? Just scroll past a ‘foe’ if you’re that worried and find some cuddles with a ‘friend’.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:10 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:54 am
It's tempting though ain't it?! And then it's very tempting to add your 2p!

I've never 'foed' anyone, but can see it's merit. Must be weird only reading one side of a conversation sometimes though :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Friend / Foe seems a bit childish, no offense to anyone who put these things together. Seen the option before but never bothered to utilize it. Just appears a touch adolescent. Maybe that isn't the right terminology, just something doesn't sit right with it.

Been away for a few days due to too busy to even participate but was surprised to learn of the two individuals and their respective dismissals. All right their behavior on occasion may have been less then desirable but from previous posts / topics can see where the frustrations and enmity arises. Have known people excluded for far less.

Not everyone's going to get on, be it here or groups in general. Just for the record there's one or two "individuals" on the pages I can't abide, real tangible dislike but where's it going to get you. Know better than to retaliate or go on the offensive but f*ck me it's hard at times to keep your composure..

Best guess if someone has an issue regards another, overlook, evade, whatever. Not always easy but got to realize there's bigger concerns out there than allowing some "nuisance" to spoil things / cause upset. Maybe comment further on the issue when time permits itself.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:32 pm

Ricco wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:10 pm
tangfastic wrote:

I've never 'foed' anyone, but can see it's merit. Must be weird only reading one side of a conversation sometimes though :lol:

.... at least it wouldn’t cause an argument. 🤔

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:33 pm

sh*t I've got nothing to read now, better "unfoe" a few I guess, helloooooooo anybody there ????

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:47 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:32 pm
Ricco wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:10 pm
tangfastic wrote:

.... at least it wouldn’t cause an argument. 🤔
Pretty sure a few on here could get in an argument in an empty room :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:38 pm

So I've "foed" everyone but the question is can they still see my posts? Hmmmmmmm, tossers !!!! Lmfao. Problem is I will have to reverse it to see their predictions, :lol: :lol: :lol:

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:11 pm

Frosty wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:40 am
Hi BB, I have done some investigation into the Friend/Foe functionality of phpBB bulletin boards and I don’t believe you can add a moderator as a Foe.

The Foe function apparently hides the person you have marked as a foe posts. Marking people as friends apparently lists your friends that are online and assists with group PM’s for example.

Cheers Dave

Edit .... the good news is I was able to make Marko a foe so that has cheered my day up no end. :wink:
Thanks Dave. I've looked at my profile & it cannot be done.

I guess I'll have to carry on biting my tongue.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:12 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:38 pm
So I've "foed" everyone but the question is can they still see my posts? Hmmmmmmm, tossers !!!! Lmfao. Problem is I will have to reverse it to see their predictions, :lol: :lol: :lol:
What posts? :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:36 pm

Lmao I couldn't keep it up

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:00 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:11 pm
Frosty wrote:

The Foe function apparently hides the person you have marked as a foe posts. Marking people as friends apparently lists your friends that are online and assists with group PM’s for example.

Cheers Dave

Why do you have to keep biting your tongue? Get things off your chest! Isn’t that the whole point of a forum.

I think Frosty made it clear about why the suspensions were made, so as long as you steer away from that you’re just airing your thoughts. You can always apologise later if you p*ss people off.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:15 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:00 pm
barmy billy wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:11 pm
Frosty wrote:

Cheers Dave

Why do you have to keep biting your tongue? Get things off your chest! Isn’t that the whole point of a forum.

I think Frosty made it clear about why the suspensions were made, so as long as you steer away from that you’re just airing your thoughts. You can always apologise later if you p*ss people off.

Hey Tang you tell him. Anyway you should be staying clear of all this crap and concentrating on your two big games coming up, starting with the H2H v Bluemike on Saturday and TB Cup midweek v Lucy.