Blackpool FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can we get back on track?

Blackpool Win
37%
Ipswich Win
32%
Draw
32%

Total votes: 19

patthegimp

Re: Blackpool FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by patthegimp » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:07 pm

Really down down deeper and down. Losing Wolfy, Flynn, Dobra,Garbutt, TVY over summer. Retirement of Chambers, Skuse. Keeping Edwards, Nolan, Judge, Sears, Keane cos no-one will want them. Next season looks good!! Still COYB

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:10 pm

You see what you're doing, Lambo? You've got Pat chanting "The Quo"! No one needs that!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:12 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:10 pm
You see what you're doing, Lambo? You've got Pat chanting "The Quo"! No one needs that!
Maybe Rossi does?

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:12 pm

Attn Steve and Jo,

Simple really, he us the bloody manager so he ultimately has to take the wrap, what does he have to do as a manager? all he has done is talk and say what we all want to hear, apart from that he has done f all! Why on earth he got a new deal is really beyond my simple logic.

Players do have to take some of the blame, we have a good squad so why we losing and playing so badly?

Yeah I too am really f'ed off, onto a whole new level now so its best I stay away before I do say something I will regret.

All the best.
Last edited by Dazzz67 on Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:13 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:12 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:10 pm
Maybe Rossi does?
:lol: Haha, very good

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:16 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:
Attn Steve and Jo,

Simple really, he us the bloody manager so he ultimately has to take the wrap, what does he have to do as a manager? all he has done is talk and say what we all want to hear, apart from that he has done f all! Why on earth he got a new deal is really beyond my simple logic.

Players do have to take some of the blame, we have a good squad so why we losing and playing so badly?

Yeah I too am really f'ed off, onto a whole new level now so its best I stay away before I do say something I will regret.

All the best.
:lol: I read Steve & Jo's post and thought, Dazzza will want to respond to that, but he said it was his last post......., will we close his account until Lambo leaves? Hmmmmm :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:18 pm

Ashfordblue sighting......., prepare for the "fookans"

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:25 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:16 pm
Dazzz67 wrote:
Attn Steve and Jo,

All the best.
:lol: I read Steve & Jo's post and thought, Dazzza will want to respond to that, but he said it was his last post......., will we close his account until Lambo leaves? Hmmmmm :lol:

At least Dazza is still posting

Always easy to rant straight after and yes Attention now is it fine

Okay, lets stand to attention, reminds me when i was the TA, that's cool.. Lets look at truths, we are not a good team, simple as that. Thanks to a certain owner who in real terms far as players concerned, hasn't invested hardly anything, hes certainly sold far bigger amount in talent than brought in. We can go on and on about last year and Hurst, we can go on about the owner hasn't got his heart into Ipswich Town.

We are a League ONE team, Not going to get into arguments here but he can only manage who is available. He's wrong if he tinkers, wrong if he keeps same side, wrong if he plays 3,5,2 or 4,4,2 or any combination. Fact is 1st the goal Blackpool was our mistake, calamity. Other fact is amount of shots we had and only 1 goal!!.. Keane cannot head the ball for toffy

It is what it is and i hate it as much as anybody
Last edited by Steve and Jo on Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:34 pm

Please don't give me the saviour Freddie sh*te, he cost us the match.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:44 pm

We need a new 5 year plan... because that’s how long we will be in league one at least...

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:53 pm

For me, we need investment, these 5 year plans just are not working.

So depressing

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:00 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:53 pm
For me, we need investment, these 5 year plans just are not working.

So depressing
Come on.... it was just PR .... there was never a five year plan.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:09 pm

you think i don't know that?

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:44 pm

You know what.... the club deserve to stay in league one, the owner deserves to stay in league one, the manager deserves to stay in league one, the players deserve to stay in league one....

But us, the poor fans, and especially the fans who travel week in week out to support the above.. they don’t deserve to stay in league one... they have been sorely let down this season despite giving total and wonderful support up and down the country. We deserve so much better........

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:59 pm

We can kiss 20000 gates good bye next season. We’ll lose our best players and we’ll be starting over again. No investment, no promotion. The writing is on the wall. It really is depressing to see the usually positive forum members giving up as well. I hope I’m wrong,
but even with promotion we’d just be a yo-yo club...coming straight back down. Is that what you’re satisfied with Evans?

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:10 pm

I am usually one of the most positive fans around, but the last 3 months have been a big kick in the bollocks for me. I won’t be renewing my season ticket which is a real shame.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:15 pm

One positive was Dobra.

Always tries to be positive and always looks like he can beat players and make something happen.

Why he hasn’t been on the bench before I don’t know. Our substitutions usually offer little x-factor - what’s to lose. The senior players seem to handle pressure worse than the youngsters. Surely, he deserves a permanent place on the bench or in the starting line up.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:47 pm

Didn't see it. Didn't even hear it. Spent the afternoon be9nv dragged round shops so got my own back by blowing 60 quid on 3 vinyl albums and 3 cds.

The stats looked as if we played ok. The highlights showed a few misses and some appalling defending.

Without wishing to start world war 3, if Sears had scored the 1 on 1 at the end, would we be happy? I'm asking because I missed the game completely. What I'm asking is: is everyone fed up because we lost or did we play badly? Did we create chances?

Downes will be greatly missed over the next 2 games. Silly boy.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Nic, the fans today were superb as always away from home, the noise and atmosphere was superb throughout and those players really don't deserve it at times. I think the away following will be the same next season, alas at home we will see gates falling away.

Andy, yes if Sears had scored every man and his dog would be happy as we win the game, however, yet again he didn't score and we lose a game we should have won, it's just the repetiveness of it that is getting to me now, missed chances and error after error at the back, today it was Garbutt twice , who will it be Tuesday ? It just goes on and on, should we have won, yes, were we any good, not really but ok in fits and starts.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:50 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Andy, yes if Sears had scored every man and his dog would be happy as we win the game, however, yet again he didn't score and we lose a game we should have won, it's just the repetiveness of it that is getting to me now, missed chances and error after error at the back, today it was Garbutt twice , who will it be Tuesday ? It just goes on and on, should we have won, yes, were we any good, not really but ok in fits and starts.
Thank you. More points lost that we could have won.

My own opinion - and I repeat that I didn't even hear the game - is that Garbutt isn't fully fit.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:06 pm

Andym wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:47 pm
Didn't see it. Didn't even hear it. Spent the afternoon be9nv dragged round shops so got my own back by blowing 60 quid on 3 vinyl albums and 3 cds.
I know it’s got nothing to do with football - maybe I just can’t bear to think about that today.

But my ears pr*ck up whenever vinyl gets mentioned- so c’mon what did you get??

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:18 pm

JohnnyB wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:06 pm
Andym wrote:
I know it’s got nothing to do with football - maybe I just can’t bear to think about that today.

My tastes are strange. One by Mark Spoelstra , one of the few I hadn't got by Tom Rapp (the man behind Pearls Before Swine) .... both second hand and silly prices.....and a double reissue by the Bevis Frond.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:05 am

I'm like a broken record, so apologies for repeating myself yet again: PL is a manager whose teams do not seem capable of getting results when the pressure is on.

There is no point in changing managers because, let's face it, who with any ambition would come here now?
I'm now resigned to seeing us stuck in this crappy division for a few years at least. So depressing.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:13 am

Andym wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:18 pm
JohnnyB wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:06 pm
Andym wrote:

My tastes are strange. One by Mark Spoelstra , one of the few I hadn't got by Tom Rapp (the man behind Pearls Before Swine) .... both second hand and silly prices.....and a double reissue by the Bevis Frond.
Not stuff I know but good for you. May it bring you solace in this time of football pain

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:32 am

Why is anybody surprised we lost away from home?form has been crap for months,lots of other teams in this league have been equally crap,we don't have any Devine right to win games,Good to hear Sears scored,but unfortunately we haven't had a good striker since Murphy.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:47 am

Caught some game highlights. Believe Sears (?) had a chance to win it (for us) before they did but they didn't bother to feature it. Got f*cked over in the closing moments, in the end it could have gone either way. Lambert doesn't always deserve the sh*t that comes his way but this is a name that is simply not suited to being a part of this club set-up. It's up to the individual to realize this and take it elsewhere.

Alarming fall from top place a month or two back, at this level of decline the team will be fortunate to gain a play-off berth at end of season. Four wins in 19, 20 games is simply sub-standard. If the team fails to go straight back up in May it could take several years there on to view a promotion. If Evans and Lambert both remain in position with it, no progress will be forthcoming. The basics are as clear as you see it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:25 am

Finally home, ffs what a long fruitless day again.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:09 am

Not seen highlights yet but going on reports it looked like yesterday was another Groundhog Day. Controlled the game for long periods, didn’t take our chances and got done by 2 soft goals of which we were the architects of our own downfall.

Downes now out for 2 games and what a massive 2 games they are. Nothing less than 6 points will do, looking unlikely given the run we are on. Seems we have to win 7 of our remaining games to have any chance of playoffs.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:39 am

There is more chance of me becoming pope than us getting into the play offs Ando, I am normally so positive but just can't see it now, I give them the benefit of the doubt so often but christ they let us down with such regularity.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:22 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:39 am
There is more chance of me becoming pope than us getting into the play offs Ando, I am normally so positive but just can't see it now, I give them the benefit of the doubt so often but christ they let us down with such regularity.
There is nothing without hope😉. Nicscreamer has mentioned us meeting up before a game, his sense of humour may cheer us up. How about meeting up for a pint on Saturday?