WARNOCK WAITING IN THE WINGS

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ashfordblue

WARNOCK WAITING IN THE WINGS

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:34 pm

Just copped a view on TWTD says Neil Warnock waiting in the wings for a temporary manager if PL doesn't buck his F*****G ideas up, I think its a bit late in the day for Neil to take over from PL, BUT would make a bloody good advisor along side the clueless F*****g Lambert, and maybe just show the useless F*****g twonk where he's going wrong, the news is probably just a gee up to the F*****g idiot to see if he can or cannot get his F*****G act together, I know a lot of you cant stand Neil Warnock, BUT he's proved beyond doubt he can get useless Players organised and into a winning mode, so Mr Lambert buck up or ship out.

mugen1

Re: WARNOCK WAITING IN THE WINGS

Post by mugen1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:28 pm

Fantastic post :mrgreen:

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:39 pm

So what does f*****g mean? Is it fighting? That would be a good word 😀.... lovely post mate...sums it up

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:00 pm

'Only if the slump continues' 😂😂😂Get him in!!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 pm

Warnock would give the players a kick in the as* and buck up their ideas, something that Lambert seems incapable of : as with a great many of our previous mangers going back far enough. I always remember for him for his time with Sheffield United, turned a no-thrills club side into a competitive and efficient unit that proved hard to beat particularly at Bramall Lane. Were on the verge of honors for a time but were unable to take it to the final level.

I'd jump at the chance to hire him now. Wouldn't necessarily be the right choice (for everyone) but while there's still time to salvage the season and rectify the fall from the top I'd take him over Lambert here and now without question. Will it happen, doubtful, but the alternatives don't leave much to play around with.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:26 pm

Hairy arsed men and hoofball spring to mind.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:09 pm

Andym wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:26 pm
Hairy arsed men and hoofball spring to mind.
Andy: I've seen the Cardiff City footie under Warnock they played it on the ground about a bit as well as the long ball, BUT he got bloody results Championship to Premiership, and left Neil Harris with a good squad, and that's what we F*****G want Here. NOW

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:27 pm

He does get results I agree.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:28 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:34 pm
Just copped a view on TWTD says Neil Warnock waiting in the wings for a temporary manager if PL doesn't buck his F*****G ideas up, I think its a bit late in the day for Neil to take over from PL, BUT would make a bloody good advisor along side the clueless F*****g Lambert, and maybe just show the useless F*****g twonk where he's going wrong, the news is probably just a gee up to the F*****g idiot to see if he can or cannot get his F*****G act together, I know a lot of you cant stand Neil Warnock, BUT he's proved beyond doubt he can get useless Players organised and into a winning mode, so Mr Lambert buck up or ship out.
NEVER leave this forum. :lol: 👍👏👏👏

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:16 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:28 pm
ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:34 pm
NEVER leave this forum. :lol: 👍👏👏👏
Thanks Marco, I was so pissed off yesterday Sears scores and I thought F*****G get in there, we've got a draw, then F**K me checked on the final results only to see we Had F*****G chucked it away yet again, :evil: I said to the Missus she can carry the F*****G shopping in from the car, so F*****G angry, Have calmed down a bit now. and boy what I'd give to See Lamberts face if Neil Warnock is appointed. F*****G priceless :lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:23 pm

Great stuff but got to say, if I told my Mrs to carry the shopping in, I’d be posting today from Ward 52 at Edinburgh’s New Royal. 😳

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:29 pm

If we got Warnock in tomorrow ......we would end up going up via the play off. Fact.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:16 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:29 pm
If we got Warnock in tomorrow ......we would end up going up via the play off. Fact.
Well I’d certainly put a bet on that scenario. 100%

Edit: No. probably wouldn’t. Jinx it.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:30 pm

I’ve lost count of how many times I’d have had Neil Warnock on my short list to come to Town when we’ve been looking to fill a vacancy. Definitely not a manager liked by everyone and now in his twilight years but I’d still take a chance. He’d certainly get more out of our boys than Lambert ever will.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:33 pm

Ridiculous for me as Lambert is going nowhere, FACT.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:50 am

Getting in Warnock would not guarantee a play-off place or indeed prove a fact. It's merely supposition and nothing more. Been let down so many times by the squad I doubt Stein, Paisley and Mourinho together would ensure a top six finish if they acted together. Seems sometimes the players don't want it. There's a clear void of belief or determination on too many occasions. A manager's there to do a job but no matter how promising they seem it's up to the names on the field to provide results.

Any chance of Mowbray. At least a former player who knows the club set-up well and would be a valid candidate. Don't know how long his Blackburn contract runs for but an invitation there to return and give it a go. Obviously won't occur this season but some time in the future when Lambert has left in which any way possible. That five year extension is bullshit there's absolutely no way he'll see out that time here.

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:17 am

can’t see it happening. So we bring Warnock in till the end of the season, then what? We would be back to square one, no plan, short term vision, think we may have been there before. Club needs to build it wont happen over night. The clubs history and some fans thoughts of we are Ipswich we should not be here etc will not help move the club forward in fact it’s having the opposite effect, expectations are/were too high at the moment and once people realise this the better.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:09 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:33 pm
The only FACT’s in football Mike are in the past tense. For what it’s worth I think it’s ridiculous too as the club needs a complete rebuild. I just have a liking of Neil Warnock and always have. In the same way I’ve always had a bit of a dislike of Paul Lambert, it went away soon after he arrived as I was thankful of how he healed the rift between club and fans and his early results were good. However that dislike has slowly crept back due to some of his stubborn decisions which in my opinion has contributed to where we find ourselves now.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:28 am

I think we were all deluded in thinking that the relegation last year was the low point... I think that maybe we are still in the falling phase and we haven't hit rock bottom yet. Its scary, but I am hoping that this season finishing outside the top 6 will be our low point and its upward from there on. If that's not the case, god knows where we will fall to!

I can see Warnock giving us a boost for a few games, but that might only mask the real failings at the club. We need a clear out and some proper investment of money we get for Downes, Woolfie and anyone else we can sell for a profit. Its going to be yet another tough, but interesting summer.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:36 am

Ando wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:17 am
can’t see it happening. So we bring Warnock in till the end of the season, then what? We would be back to square one, no plan, short term vision, think we may have been there before. Club needs to build it wont happen over night. The clubs history and some fans thoughts of we are Ipswich we should not be here etc will not help move the club forward in fact it’s having the opposite effect, expectations are/were too high at the moment and once people realise this the better.
I can’t see it happening, either. And I agree it’s a short-term thinking. For me, just get this season over and judge Lambert from that point.

The thing that I disagree with the post is the blame seems to be put firmly on fan’s over-high expectations. It’s partially true, but don’t agree with that. The vast majority of League 1 managers would love our budget and fan support - so why have the fans (who backed Lambert so well after a disastrous season) have got to take the brunt of the blame.
Look ... if it’s a long-term plan - where are the shoots of recovery? Where is the improvement after 30 odd games? Shouldn’t we have seen a team being built? We’re going backwards. Come this summer, we’re likely to still be in League 1 and most probably forced to flog our best young assets at a bargain price.
If Lambert had a smaller, weaker squad, but squeezed out more good performances by him applying good team selection, tactics and man-management he’d have my full support. His bloated squad have under-performed. Simple. How much time and resources does he need for us to start seeing something built?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:21 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:09 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:33 pm
The only FACT’s in football Mike are in the past tense. For what it’s worth I think it’s ridiculous too as the club needs a complete rebuild. I just have a liking of Neil Warnock and always have. In the same way I’ve always had a bit of a dislike of Paul Lambert, it went away soon after he arrived as I was thankful of how he healed the rift between club and fans and his early results were good. However that dislike has slowly crept back due to some of his stubborn decisions which in my opinion has contributed to where we find ourselves now.
I like Warnock too Andy but there is no way it will be happening, does anyone seriously expect Evan's to fire Lambert, it's just not gonna happen anytime soon.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:52 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:21 pm

I like Warnock too Andy but there is no way it will be happening, does anyone seriously expect Evan's to fire Lambert, it's just not gonna happen anytime soon.
I agree. Paying off a 5 year deal would be expensive.

I think Lambert could succeed; a smaller squad would reduce the options for squad rotation - fewer people to keep happy.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:25 pm

Andym wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:52 pm
Bluemike wrote:

I think Lambert could succeed; a smaller squad would reduce the options for squad rotation - fewer people to keep happy.
Smaller squad playing in a league littered with mistimed tackles? That's a fantastic idea. Might even allow for other ITFC employees with "dreams" to make a breakthrough. Sixteen year old, Cal offering 5 quid hot chocolates at the pie stall who scored from a corner the week previously in his Sunday league amateur game....... Go get kitted out son, that's Keane just limped off.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:09 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:25 pm
Andym wrote:
Bluemike wrote:

Smaller squad playing in a league littered with mistimed tackles? That's a fantastic idea. Might even allow for other ITFC employees with "dreams" to make a breakthrough. Sixteen year old, Cal offering 5 quid hot chocolates at the pie stall who scored from a corner the week previously in his Sunday league amateur game....... Go get kitted out son, that's Keane just limped off.
Pure fantasy there Marko - you know full well that Keane wouldn't still be at the club 8)

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:53 pm

Andym wrote:
Bluemike wrote:

Having a big squad and selection headaches is usually called a problem - but apparently a good problem to have. Maybe not with us.
From what Lambert was saying earlier in the season, he expected our big squad to stay fresh and grow stronger throughout the season.

I think someone called it right last week - a smaller squad but with more quality. And, also, a less injury-prone squad. We seem to carry too many sick-notes and players struggling for match fitness.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:05 pm

I don't even think the squad size or rotation has had much bearing on our position if I'm honest, if a bloody pro can't put the ball in the net from Three yards there in lies the problem, it's happened again and again and again, same with being unable to do basic defending, I mean wtf was Garbutt thinking ? This happens on a weekly basis too, it's not even got anything to do with Evan's, decent players at this level repeatedly f**king it up, pure and simple.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:38 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:05 pm
I don't even think the squad size or rotation has had much bearing on our position if I'm honest, if a bloody pro can't put the ball in the net from Three yards there in lies the problem, it's happened again and again and again, same with being unable to do basic defending, I mean wtf was Garbutt thinking ? This happens on a weekly basis too, it's not even got anything to do with Evan's, decent players at this level repeatedly f**king it up, pure and simple.
I agree with all of that, except for the Evan's part. :)

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:54 pm

Having listened to friends & read all the comments on here I have come to the conclusion that Paul Lambert is clearly NOT the best manager for ITFC. Yes, he lifted the club when he arrived, injected positivity into fans & players alike & seemed the saviour we all had wanted for so long. His 'I've been there done that' and 'I've played for big clubs & know what I am talking about' was lapped up and at the end of the day produced what? Other than inceased crowds, sod all.

Sadly, we are still on a slow descent to the lowest tier in league football. Our hyped up super squad have produced nothing. If has been predicted we will ose our best players next season together with the apparent reluctance of our owner to provide additional funds for decent replacements, we are politely fooked,

Owner aside, Lambert talks a good game, but produces allegedly good players who fail to perform on match days. Some will say we are unlucky. I disagree: you make your own luck. Lambert has failed as far as I am concerned & makes the situation even worse by spewing the same old post-match claptrap week after week. And to think he is on a 5 year contract. God help us.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:12 pm

Not to worry! Lambert has decreed that tomorrow’s game is a must win 😂
Perhaps he should have noticed that all games are thereto be won.
Still we all know what happens when Town play a must winner! They bottle it big time every time 😡

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:18 pm

Lambert signed a new five-year deal on New Year's Day, but it's understood there are performance-related break clauses in that contract and a general cap on the pay-off required to part company with both the Blues boss and his staff should owner Marcus Evans decide a change is needed in the hot-seat.