Ipswich Town vs Coventry City Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can we p*ss on their parade?

Ipswich Win
15%
Coventry Win
80%
Draw
5%

Total votes: 20

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich Town vs Coventry City Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:18 pm

Oh no !

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:18 pm

Oh good lord above,

Here we go again!! :roll:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:21 pm

At this rate we’ll do well to finish in the top half of the table.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Might as well put on Tyreece for the second half. Add a bit of bulk up top.

Another poor goal given away. Nolan loses possession, one pass, one shot, one goal. Too easy.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:22 pm

Not much interest on here today, hope it’s not this quiet at Portman Road.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:46 pm

Just home from Work. Have i missed anything exciting :|

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:51 pm

lucy wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:46 pm
Just home from Work. Have i missed anything exciting :|
NO same old same old chambers allowed their player to run onto the ball turn and shoot Goal....

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:54 pm

FT 0-1 4 defeats on the trot and no goals in 5 of 7 games....

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:00 pm

Depressing for me and i don't even go now.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:12 pm

BLUEBLOOD wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:54 pm
4 defeats on the trot and no goals in 5 of 7 games....
Wow, that's dark...

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:15 pm

No words. :cry:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:39 pm

Suppose match attendees will say whether it was entertaining for the fans who “prefer” entertainment over result...... but judging by the match stats, the game may have been extremely boring.

I know in the grand scheme of things, it’s only a game and it doesn’t really matter while living in a world with all the problems that surround us, ....... but FFS, following HFC & ITFC can be a feckin chore at times.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:48 pm

Just home. It awful up until Nolan fell over whilst turning backwards and 2 passes later it is 0-1. Second half better but we did well to have zero shots, we are so toothless. Yes we have injuries etc but we have lost 0-1 so often it tells the story. Score against us and you win without being brilliant yourselves. Crowd pretty subdued tbh. We had so many sideways and backwards passes it hurts! Dozzell for me has such poor body language. He ambles around with no urgency. I watched him a lot and his attitude stinks. Hugely overrated for me. Someone on BBC Suffolk described Judge as an excitable Jack russell which sums him up perfectly. Nolan just not good enough. Edwards best player but in wrong position. The rest...yawn... end of report, end of story and i am afraid for us, end of season. So sad and i cannot see where we go from here. Its not good...

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:58 pm

Reporter: “So, Paul. Nolan turning backwards? What’s that all about?”
Lambert: “You’re asking me questions like that? You no listen to the radio? The CorollaVirus. Ah want aw ma players going backwards.”
Reporter: “The CorollaVirus, Paul?”
Lambert: “Aye. Ah seen a few Coventry players turning up in Toyotas. It’s not on. Am gonnae complain to the English Premier League about this.
Reporter: Yep. Ok Paul.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:13 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:12 pm
BLUEBLOOD wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:54 pm
4 defeats on the trot and no goals in 5 of 7 games....
Wow, that's dark...
So is losing 7 of our last 9 games.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:23 pm

I’m glad I missed this one....feel like missing the rest too. How the hell do we not score so many times in a season? It’s madness

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:31 pm

:x F*****g Hell, I'm sorry Lamberts got to go now. A new manager in by next game, I cant stand these F*****G limp results, I feel sorry for the fans, imagine have to clap that F*****G shower at the end of the game, 10th now as Doncaster won today so go above us :evil: :evil: :evil:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:36 pm

Everyone move over a bit...... the veins in Ashfords Heid need more room! 😳

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:45 pm

JohnnyB wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:01 pm
It’s good to see Bish starting. This one’s about pride and self-respect. Town need to attack and play the ball on the ground - if they win then great but if not at least they’re trying to play the game the right way
Have to say I thought we did. We played some good football. Gave away a poor goal but a much better performance. Disagree with the comment about Dozzell, thought he was excellent.

Came away having enjoyed the footy, disappointed with the result, and thinking that we were the better side. I can't see how Coventry can stay up next season.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:01 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:39 pm
Suppose match attendees will say whether it was entertaining for the fans who “prefer” entertainment over result...... but judging by the match stats, the game may have been extremely boring.

I know in the grand scheme of things, it’s only a game and it doesn’t really matter while living in a world with all the problems that surround us, ....... but FFS, following HFC & ITFC can be a feckin chore at times.
Only one word for it Marko CRAP!!

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:02 pm

Do you really think Dozzell was great, Andy? I am staggered! Maybe i need different glasses? I thought the odd ball he played was OK but 95% of the time he ambled around, went missing and was really annoying me cos i watched him intently, hoping he would take the game by the scruff of the neck! He didnt even want the ball from throw ins! We must have watched different games!

Oh - and dont even start me on goalkeepers who stand on their line instead of owning their penalty area....

I am suck and tired of namby pamby football, sh*t refs, passing backwards, players who think they are better than they are (Dozzell for me) and managers who 'dont think about what may happen to them' - i want out manager to care very much indeed what happens to their job and if they don't, they should f@ck right off and not darken our doors again! I fact, i want to be rational about it all but i am actually totally and utterly f@cked off with players, owners and management staff who dont give a flying f*ck about me, you and the club. w*nkers the lot of them!!! 😡😡😡 there - i lost it 😫

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:11 pm

And while i am at it, ant and dec can f*ck off too cos they are so happy when i am sad - so can the corona f**king virus! There - thats me all angered out...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:38 pm

Absolutely dross again, agree with Andy about Dozzell, our best player by some margin, Edward's and Chambers ok but the rest awful. Jon Nolan????? A footballer ?? My arse !!!!!

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:56 pm

Wow - i did watch a different game then? Really guys?? Dozzell was such a prima donna and did zero! No passion, no pace - just ambled around!! His body language was lazy!

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:15 pm

Agree with everything Andy said again.

The crowd stayed with the team all match and it was a decent atmosphere helped by Coventry fans.

Ground hog day again, one chance one goal. They dominated first 20 and really stopped us getting out enough which ultimately led to the goal. Nolan had the best chance of the entire game and completely fluffed the chance, should have scored but same old story. Any team will fail to win games if those types of chances are not taken.

Again after the goal they just sat in and pretty much didn’t offer much after that. We have been sussed out we never look like scoring from crosses in open play or corners or free kicks crossed in. Edwards was our best player today making several surging runs. Dozzell did ok at times and was more involved and actually got some tackles in.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:30 pm

Disgrace. Lambert is a worse manager than Keanez and slowly becoming as much of a tosser in my eyes.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:38 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:30 pm
Disgrace. Lambert is a worse manager than Keanez and slowly becoming as much of a tosser in my eyes.
My opinion (FWIW) is he’s not quite at Keane level yet because at least Lambert warned the fans it wasn’t going to be easy. Even before a League One Ball was kicked, he said “s’no gonnae be easy!”

But...... he’s a bit of a tosser. Didn’t think that about him pre-Ipswich job but that was probably because didn’t listen to him much. But definitely think he’s full of wind & pish.

Another but........ No doubt ^^ that ^^ is all down to the constraints. But (the 3rd) he must’ve knew a lot before taking the job on. He must’ve spoke to Mick. Got some form of a “heads up”.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:47 pm

I don’t know where this is heading but unless the situation improves significantly we could be only the second team to have dropped from the Premier League to League Two.

Will someone please tell me this won’t be allowed to happen.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:03 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:02 pm
Do you really think Dozzell was great, Andy? I am staggered! Maybe i need different glasses? I thought the odd ball he played was OK but 95% of the time he ambled around, went missing and was really annoying me cos i watched him intently, hoping he would take the game by the scruff of the neck! He didnt even want the ball from throw ins! We must have watched different games!

Oh - and dont even start me on goalkeepers who stand on their line instead of owning their penalty area....

I am suck and tired of namby pamby football, sh*t refs, passing backwards, players who think they are better than they are (Dozzell for me) and managers who 'dont think about what may happen to them' - i want out manager to care very much indeed what happens to their job and if they don't, they should f@ck right off and not darken our doors again! I fact, i want to be rational about it all but i am actually totally and utterly f@cked off with players, owners and management staff who dont give a flying f*ck about me, you and the club. w*nkers the lot of them!!! 😡😡😡 there - i lost it 😫
:D Well done Wilf, a Lad after my own heart, You F*****G tell em, But I don't want you outdoing me young man :lol: :lol: :lol:

itfc76trev

Post by itfc76trev » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:38 pm
Absolutely dross again, agree with Andy about Dozzell, our best player by some margin, Edward's and Chambers ok but the rest awful. Jon Nolan????? A footballer ?? My arse !!!!!
Edwards was my man of the match