Who Needs Handshake Anyway!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

barmy billy

Who Needs Handshake Anyway!

Post by barmy billy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:08 pm

Now that shaking hands has been outlawed by teams at the start of a match, might I suggest that the new 'Joe Marler' greeting (as demonstrated at Twickenham yesterday) is universally adopted at PR.

You never know, some of them might stand up & be counted.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Who Needs Handshake Anyway!

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:11 pm

Similar thing happened in an Australian Rules football match last season. Hawthorn player was beaten to the ball by a Collingwood forward to the “mark” and line up for goal. As they separated, the Hawks player had his full package grabbed and twisted. He pulled away quick and burst into laughter. Everyone thought it was funny in the commentary box, and the next day, the press thought it was Fking hilarious. And it was hilarious.

Only in Britain do people start calling for sexual abuse investigations! :shock: My God.
Sexual abuse? Really? 🤦‍♂️
Just read, “rugby fans call for Marler to face sexual abuse charges....”
I honestly cannot believe I’m reading this sh*t. You’d think he’d dropped and gave him a blow-job. This country needs to lighten the fk up.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:18 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:11 pm
Similar thing happened in an Australian Rules football match last season. Hawthorn player was beaten to the ball by a Collingwood forward to the “mark” and line up for goal. As they separated, the Hawks player had his full package grabbed and twisted. He pulled away quick and burst into laughter. Everyone thought it was funny in the commentary box, and the next day, the press thought it was Fking hilarious. And it was hilarious.

Only in Britain do people start calling for sexual abuse investigations! :shock: My God.
I honestly cannot believe I’m reading this sh*t. You’d think he’d dropped and gave him a blow-job. This country needs to lighten the fk up.
I quite agree Marko. It was nothing more than an hilarious wind-up & it shoukd be treated as such.

Great victory over the frogs this afternoon by the way.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:26 pm

“Frogs” Barmy? You better watch, man. That’s fkn jail time for that! 🤦‍♂️

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:54 am

Made all the better by Gareth Thomas' comment and then the guys on commentary adding that England were playing better with the ball in hand!

Rolling around we were.

Just keep thinking that folks need to 'get a grip' when I hear the comments, but of course that is what is causing all the consternation in the first place.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:59 pm

marko69 wrote:

Bring back the main man Vinney Jones to be the judicial person on Nuts grabbing. ask Gazza :lol: :lol: :lol:

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:48 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:59 pm
marko69 wrote:

Bring back the main man Vinney Jones to be the judicial person on Nuts grabbing. ask Gazza :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing wrong with a bit of touch tight marking 8)