Judge out for the season

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Ando

Judge out for the season

Post by Ando » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:17 pm

Judge has broken a toe in training and is out for the rest of the season...... time for Dobra!

Andym

Re: Judge out for the season

Post by Andym » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:26 pm

He has been underwhelming this season. But I still feel that there is more to come. Family issues, injury pre season and QPR bids didn't help him.....nor did being played out of position. Hope he has a full pre season and comes back stronger.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:35 pm

We won’t miss him...... needs to get his arse in gear for next season.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:23 am

I’d play Dozzell in Judge’s position. Dobra should start...I think in a striker roll. A bit like Eric Gates, I bet he’d scrap a few goals.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:27 am

number 9 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:23 am
I’d play Dozzell in Judge’s position. Dobra should start...I think in a striker roll. A bit like Eric Gates, I bet he’d scrap a few goals.
Where would Judge’s position be? Wide left or number 10 role? I don’t think Dozzell fits both those positions... I’d say he’s better in a deeper Skuse role, as long as he’s got a minder - someone like Downes - beside him. I’d prefer Dobra as a number 10. Dobra needs a chance and I just want someone to just run at a defence and stretch them.... rather than the usual pedestrian, telegraphed approach of passing it sideways.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:33 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:27 am
number 9 wrote:
Where would Judge’s position be? Wide left or number 10 role? I don’t think Dozzell fits both those positions... I’d say he’s better in a deeper Skuse role, as long as he’s got a minder - someone like Downes - beside him. I’d prefer Dobra as a number 10. Dobra needs a chance and I just want someone to just run at a defence and stretch them.... rather than the usual pedestrian, telegraphed approach of passing it sideways.
You'd know better than me, Tang. I solely base my opinions on highlights and sports literature...sprinkled with a bit of football acumen. I'd be fine with Dobra as an attacking midfielder who focuses on finishing rather than creating. Let's face it, you could give our strikers the ball in front of an open goal and they'd still miss. I was thinking of the No.10 role regarding Judge; I believe Dozzell is more of a creator with his accurate passing and his through balls may be beneficial...if we have anyone to run on to them. I could be wrong though, as I've said.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:51 pm

At last some good news.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:47 pm

number 9 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:33 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:27 am
number 9 wrote:
You'd know better than me, Tang. I solely base my opinions on highlights and sports literature...sprinkled with a bit of football acumen. I'd be fine with Dobra as an attacking midfielder who focuses on finishing rather than creating. Let's face it, you could give our strikers the ball in front of an open goal and they'd still miss. I was thinking of the No.10 role regarding Judge; I believe Dozzell is more of a creator with his accurate passing and his through balls may be beneficial...if we have anyone to run on to them. I could be wrong though, as I've said.
After all this time, I wouldn’t know Dozzells best position. He’s s still a bit of an enigma. He’s been played mostly deep. He certainly can thread a ball through, but don’t think he’s got the energy to play behind the strikers. I think he’s planning his exit from Town anyway, so I’d prefer to see Dobra given a chance. More chance of keeping him and I think he could become a better player (at League 1 level anyway ) than Dozzell.

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:33 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:51 pm
At last some good news.
:mrgreen:

This deserves more credit!

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:56 am

Season is finished anyway.