Well I’m picking that’s football over for the season then!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Frosty
Forum Owner

Well I’m picking that’s football over for the season then!

Post by Frosty » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:06 pm

Why early April has been given as a resumption date is beyond me, I think things will be worse not better by then.

Andym

Re: Well I’m picking that’s football over for the season then!

Post by Andym » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:16 pm

Without a doubt. It might delay next season's start too.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:39 pm

It's probably the right thing to do. All major sports in the US have been suspended. There is a 'social distancing' policy in place for the country. My place of employment is asking folks to work from home if they can, or restrict their movement and interactions to a minimum while at the office. It's crazy...like a sci-fi film.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:58 pm

Yes, that Will Smith movie about zombies has sprung to mind. Soon we shall be fighting in the streets over paracetamol and toilet paper. It is certainly getting ever so slightly out of control.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:40 pm

When you calculate the amount of deaths world wide through this so called Corona Virus its less than 1/2 percent, and its only been the older people who have died, we have a worse pandemic problem with general Flu bug each year world wide, and no one gives a flying F**K about the millions who die with it, this is a political scare mongering tactic to alter the trading stock markets, and bring chaos to the general public, I mean they stop the fans watching it in the stadia behind closed doors matches, yet allowed every man and his F*****G dog to watch it in the pub :shock: :lol: :lol:

And if they do cancel all the rest of the seasons matches, :roll: this will test the will of our so called Owner, :shock: no gate revenue coming in, fans cancelling their DD, and not renewing season tickets, :wink: and poor old Marcus Evans still having to pay the players and staff wages which will cost him a few bob, very interesting to see how this plays out.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:15 pm

Agree with you Ashford, and I am tired of getting yelled down by panicked individuals and being reminded, "IT'S NO THE FLU!!!!" every time I bring it up.

We had more people die of Opioids a few weekends back here in C-Bus than has died in the entire state from beerflu

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:30 pm

I think there are a very large majority of the population that are extremely panicked. For those people, no there isn’t a vaccine as yet but rest assured that they’re working on it. My big brother is a pharmaceutical chemist for GSK and he’s a busy man at the moment. 👍 (No doubt he’s making a mint with overtime!)

Moved house recently but just saw my old neighbour in Tesco. Deep trolley, filled to the absolute f**king brim.
“Panic buying, Sandra?”
“No no no, just a weekly shop.”

Aye right. No one eats that much bacon and beans and mince and canned tuna in a week ....., and no one needs 2 x 24 packs bog roll for a week. She’s full of sh*t though so maybe she does.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:44 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:58 pm
Yes, that Will Smith movie about zombies has sprung to mind. Soon we shall be fighting in the streets over paracetamol and toilet paper. It is certainly getting ever so slightly out of control.
what do you mean SOON ? its just a normal occurrence in Wolvo, :?

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:35 pm

No comment on the hysteria or what authorities should be doing about it, but it's not started going yet, people will realise it's not like the flu when it's peaking.

If it finishes this season prematurely that may be a blessing and save further anguish for us lot!

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:54 pm

Ricco, I think you may be right. This could be the good Lord sparing us.

Marko, glad to see there is a run on toilet paper over there also. WTF???? People are fighting over it in stores over here. Not only is it not a symptom of the flu, but also the trucks are still running, and they are still making it. Calm the f-ck down!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:32 pm

What’s up with the toilet paper hoarding? Is it the same in the UK? All the shelves are empty! I hope I don’t get a case of Montezuma’s Revenge...never mind the virus!

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:21 pm

Ricco wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:35 pm
No comment on the hysteria or what authorities should be doing about it, but it's not started going yet, people will realise it's not like the flu when it's peaking.

If it finishes this season prematurely that may be a blessing and save further anguish for us lot!
Covid 19 is a strain of the flu, its just mutated. in healthy people there's not much difference in symptoms, but its the elderly and people with ongoing health problems that are in the most danger if they catch it.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:34 pm

Frosty wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:06 pm
Why early April has been given as a resumption date is beyond me, I think things will be worse not better by then.
i cant see this season finishing, typicle that, just when we were on the brink of the best season in decades its over,
All those season upon season wishing it would end early to put us out of misery. suppose there's someone up there looking down laughing. probably Jeff Astle :D

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:48 pm

It could be worse, Wolfie! :D

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:37 pm

number 9 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:48 pm
It could be worse, Wolfie! :D
:)
Actually there is a plus, those Scouse wont be winning the league, that a be the Doogs contribution from above, 8)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:38 am

goldandblack wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:34 pm
Frosty wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:06 pm
i cant see this season finishing, typicle that, just when we were on the brink of the best season in decades its over,
All those season upon season wishing it would end early to put us out of misery. suppose there's someone up there looking down laughing. probably Jeff Astle :D
My son feels the same way, Wolfie :lol:

Text from my son:

“Trust this to be the season where it’s void and the scumbos won’t be relegated.
If it was hibs in the relegation zone, the Coronavirus would be a good thing that boosts people’s immune systems, I’m telling ye!”

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:42 am

I can take the footie being off but from midnight tonight we’re on complete lock down here and a full state of emergency.

All restaurants, bars, sports facilities, golf courses, schools, public buildings, shops, (except supermarkets and pharmacies) absolutely everything closed.

All but essential travel banned, next review in 14 days.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:50 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:42 am
I can take the footie being off but from midnight tonight we’re on complete lock down here and a full state of emergency.

All restaurants, bars, sports facilities, golf courses, schools, public buildings, shops, (except supermarkets and pharmacies) absolutely everything closed.

Hmmmm, that's not good from a breadcrumb supply point of view Andy. :wink:

Don't know whether you can do it in Spain, but online supermarket shopping took the problem away for us when people were going mad in the supermarkets down here.

Take care mate.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:51 am

Charnwood wrote:

Did you get some bog roll?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:29 am

You gotta be joking mate, the Brits & Germans cleared the shelves of those days ago. The Spanish just laugh at them whilst they fill their trolleys with water.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:25 am

There’s talk that we could be completing the season in June... or not at all.

I think if we’ve got a window for 2-3 weeks of football... then do a mini League 1 tournament. Take Top Twelve teams.. 3 groups of 4. Winners of each group get promoted.

As a token of goodwill, I’d happily sacrifice our promotion push for the good of the game and mankind to assist in completing this season.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:54 pm

At the moment I can't see how they can hope to fulfil the fixtures without running into next season. I guess they'll have to try in order to sort out promotion and relegation issues.

I suppose we could have a shortened season next year if they did away with the Mickey Mouse cups; start later and have more midweek league games instead of the cup games. But there's no guarantee the virus won't return next winter and cause chaos again.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:32 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:21 pm
Covid 19 is a strain of the flu, its just mutated. in healthy people there's not much difference in symptoms, but its the elderly and people with ongoing health problems that are in the most danger if they catch it.
No that's really not true, that's like saying a Lion is a strain of Ferret, just mutated.

They're not closely related and they're not similar in danger for many reasons.

I'm not saying this is going to kill half the world and we all need to panic whatsoever, but if people fob it off as nothing, then more people will die than necessary. It's all very well saying its just old people, but there's thousands of grieving families out there that will disagree with you and many more thousands to come.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:35 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:51 am
Charnwood wrote:

Who needs bog roll anyway when you have a daily paper to cut into squares. There is no greater satisfaction than using a picture of Trump or Macron to do the necessary.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:49 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:35 pm
number 9 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:51 am
Charnwood wrote:

Who needs bog roll anyway when you have a daily paper to cut into squares. There is no greater satisfaction than using a picture of Trump or Macron to do the necessary.
:lol: I knew there was a reason I was keeping those old, holey t-shirts that don't fit me anymore!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:08 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:32 pm
It's all very well saying its just old people, but there's thousands of grieving families out there that will disagree with you and many more thousands to come.
Yes, and it’s not just old people,...... ongoing health issues. Little bit paranoid at the moment about my T1 Diabetic daughter. Very worrying. Although I think my constant messaging to make sure she’s washing her hands is annoying her. I suppose it’d annoy any 27 year old.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:37 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:08 pm
Ricco wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:32 pm
It's all very well saying its just old people, but there's thousands of grieving families out there that will disagree with you and many more thousands to come.
Yes, and it’s not just old people,...... ongoing health issues. Little bit paranoid at the moment about my T1 Diabetic daughter. Very worrying. Although I think my constant messaging to make sure she’s washing her hands is annoying her. I suppose it’d annoy any 27 year old.
forget how annoying it is mate, that's what dads are for however old they are, you keep texting her, and you text her and say Wolfie says. "KEEP WASHING HER HANDS" and stay safe. and that goes for everyone on here.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:42 pm

Not getting off topic.
What are folk doing without there footie fix on a Saturday, Saturdays was never invented for gardening I keep explaining to her indoors. its just that annoying smirk on her face I object to :? :? :?

A plus for Bristol is BlueMike is not in Town today, house prices wont slump. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:58 pm

I'm with G and B, keep annoying her :lol: it won't hurt and when all is said and done it's nice to know your parents care!! At 27 I'm sure she's otherwise fit and healthy and not at much risk :D

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:56 pm

Good thing football has been cancelled, unfortunately I'm stuck in Spain,,jet 2 have cancelled all flights.