CAPTION CONTEST

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

CAPTION CONTEST

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi folks, had a word with the mods to ask if running the caption contest as a separate thing until further notice would be a good idea. The response was positive. Fully understand not everyone will agree and will think humour isn't appropriate at this significant moment in history. I do get that.

But there will be some that would like to maybe have a few laughs away from the face of Hugh Edwards. If its not for you, just leave and don't enter the thread again. And remember if you do enter the thread, wash your hands on the way out.

I will try and post a picture every week until May. The scoring might actually come to me much quicker with people beginning to self isolate.

So if you feel like it, have a go at trying to lift the mood in a time of crisis. We will carry on with same league table which was as follows:

LEAGUE TABLE

AylesburyBlue 102
Bluemike 89
DerickIpsw 82
Blueblood 60
Number 9 55
Shed on Tour 50
Ando 47
Blue Wilf 43
Frosty 34
Tangfastic 26
JohnnyB 25
Quasar 18
IpswichTownNo1 12
Kerry Blue 11
Watership Down 10
Barmy Billy 8
Todd66 7
AshfordBlue 7
Nicscreamer 5
Charnwood 4
Lucy 1
MasseyFerguson 1

CAPTION PICTURE

AylesburyBlue

Re: CAPTION CONTEST

Post by AylesburyBlue » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:35 pm

I contest this decision and think the trophy should be awarded......

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:03 pm

Paul lambert resurrects d*ck and Dom’s classic game, lay on lay on lay on lay....

One for the d*ck n Dom fans there.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:07 pm

For me Marko, it’s a welcome distraction from the situation. I’m in a profession that doesn’t allow me to work from home, so day to day is becoming a bit stressful. I’m going through more sanitizers than beer. Will you be scoring the last entries as well, or has that been canceled?

Be safe every one!

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:35 pm

Lambert. Did I ever tell you how good I was when I played in Germany,
Mark, Sorry Paul but we kick off in about 3 months so not got time for idle chat.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:57 pm

CAPTION......"A rare sight for Ornithologists, Robin's and a Blue Tit together"

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:07 pm

Caption 1: “Just like his rotation policy, Lambert refuses to change his greeting policy.”

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:12 am

Caption:

Mark Robins: “ Why the pat-down, Paul?”

Lambo: “Just checking you’re not sneaking away with any bog rolls. Orders from Marcus”.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:47 am

Caption

“Thank Christ you pitched up otherwise I would be the only one here!”

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:21 pm

Look Mark, kissing is fine! Its handshaking we cant do

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:25 pm

Caption: Mark says to Lambo what the feck are you doing Paul touching me when this coronavirus thing is going around?
Lambo replies well Marcus told me when he interviewed me that the manger’s job would be hands on.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:28 pm

CAPTION 2...." sh*t sorry Mark, when I said you need to stay home I completely forgot you grubby, fucktard, Coventry bastards are homeless"

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Caption 1. Hey Paul is is true Aylseburyblue asked his Daddy to suspend 2 time champion Derick_ipsw for a month because he was catching him in the caption comp?
Paul: Nooooooooooo, BM said he nothing to do with it.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:09 pm

Welcome back, Derick!

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:04 pm

Alright guys. Thanks for running the caption contest and I can’t argue with the rationale of it carrying on. Unfortunately as a healthcare provider working for the NHS the coming weeks are going to be crazy busy and any spare second will be spend with family so this will be my last entry.

Caption 1 -
PL talking to his secretary....
PL - The people of Wuhan have saved me my job, please send them a basket of bats as a token of tummy thanks.

Caption 2 -
PL reasuring colleague....
PL - honestly mate it’s completely normal, and trust me it’s nothing a well placed thumb can’t solve.
Last edited by AylesburyBlue on Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:06 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:25 pm
Caption 1. Hey Paul is is true Aylseburyblue asked his Daddy to suspend 2 time champion Derick_ipsw for a month because he was catching him in the caption comp?
You entered all season and I’ve been a mile ahead throughout. If I enter I win.

The suspension was for being a bell end.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:20 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:09 pm
Welcome back, Derick!
Thanks no.9 I have not missed much to be honest what with what's going on.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:22 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:06 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:

Your supposed to have a sense of humour :lol:

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:29 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:22 pm
AylesburyBlue wrote:
derick_ipsw wrote:

You wanted one of us to rise to it.... I didn’t want to disappoint.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:29 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:22 pm
AylesburyBlue wrote:

You wanted one of us to rise to it.... I didn’t want to disappoint.
It was purely a caption entry there was no other motive.

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:40 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:20 pm
number 9 wrote:
Welcome back, Derick!
That’s coz your at the centre of most of it.

As for being “ two time champion” never seen you mention that before. It should be 3 really, it me laugh so much when you got suspended and I am laughing even more because you have come back! 😂😂.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:24 pm

Ando wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:40 am
derick_ipsw wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:20 pm
number 9 wrote:
Welcome back, Derick!
That’s coz your at the centre of most of it.

As for being “ two time champion” never seen you mention that before. It should be 3 really, it me laugh so much when you got suspended and I am laughing even more because you have come back! 😂😂.
I aim to please. Did you come runner up by any chance. :D

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:43 am

I find your caption post really unfunny Derick.

I bet the other mods you would make a subtle dig using the caption contest, I wasn't disappointed.

Keep in mind Mike works for the NHS and is deeply worried with all that is going on in that sector at the moment, coming on here is supposed to be a bit of light relief.

Please don't tell me it was a bit of light banter because I won't believe you.

Maybe think a bit before posting in the future.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:48 am

Frosty wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:43 am
I find your caption post really unfunny Derick.

I bet the other mods you would make a subtle dig using the caption contest, I wasn't disappointed.

Keep in mind Mike works for the NHS and is deeply worried with all that is going on in that sector at the moment, coming on here is supposed to be a bit of light relief.

Please don't tell me it was a bit of light banter because I won't believe you.

Maybe think a bit before posting in the future.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:02 pm

I'm sure Derick didn't mean anything sadistic in his post. He's trying to be funny while we all deal with Covid 19. For me, the forum is an escape from reality. I feel for Bluemike, and I'm also one of those workers who still has to go out in the world and take risks every day. Maybe we should all lighten up a bit and think about the important things in life. Take care everyone.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:22 pm

Can we all just make sure we don't say anything that will be personally against any other forum member? Be it trying to be funny or otherwise.

Everyone is going to be stressed out at the moment and it wont take much to offend, so lets just try and be kind! Please, I beg x

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Strong stance on this seasons caption contest. The season is not being abandoned, I’m awarding it to AylesburyBlue and THE DON CUP will be engraved when the shops are open again.

Much like Liverpool, they’ve been the best for the majority of the season and I wouldn’t in the slightest grudge them the title.... much like Thomas, who’s been streets ahead, and who will struggle to log on with his type of work in the coming weeks, the title goes to you, buddy and very well done indeed. There have been some cracking laugh out loud moments with the dry, and very confident sense of humour. We’ve loved it. We also appreciate the work you and all the other NHS workers do and are going to be doing in the coming months.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

2019/20: AYLESBURYBLUE

———————————————-

Ok guys, this is all just a wee muck about now to pass the time until quarantine is over. If there is any humour still out there, (please let there be!) and if circumstances permit, please do stop by and offer some laughs.

Caption picture:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:51 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:40 pm
Strong stance on this seasons caption contest. The season is not being abandoned, I’m awarding it to AylesburyBlue and THE DON CUP will be engraved when the shops are open again.

Much like Liverpool, they’ve been the best for the majority of the season and I wouldn’t in the slightest grudge them the title.... much like Thomas, who’s been streets ahead, and who will struggle to log on with his type of work in the coming weeks, the title goes to you, buddy and very well done indeed. There have been some cracking laugh out loud moments with the dry, and very confident sense of humour. We’ve loved it. We also appreciate the work you and all the other NHS workers do and are going to be doing in the coming months.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

]
And well deserved young man on Winning the Don Cup 2019/20: AYLESBURYBLUE.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:40 pm

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

2019/20: AYLESBURYBLUE

———————————————-

Ok guys, this is all just a wee muck about now to pass the time until quarantine is over. If there is any humour still out there, (please let there be!) and if circumstances permit, please do stop by and offer some laughs.

Caption picture:

Cheers mate. Personally thought I had the 5 points inthe bag this week and that would have seen me over the line. Even with my non submissions for the remainder haha. I entered this for 2 reasons,
1) I didn’t take part last season (until jan) and thought it was total BS when I saw certain people submitting 3 or 4 entries to try and win. I wasn’t going to let them win when it was a level playing field. Achieved (and never in doubt).
2) I actually enjoy the humour, every Saturday I have a good laugh reading most of the entries and wanted to have a good chuckle. Partly achieved.

I think I will make myself a one season wonder and bow out on a high. I’ve persevered with this season to obtain objective 1 and not to let down the head to head in the prediction league. However as both are now concluded I’ve asked to have my account de activated (turns out you can’t do it yourself) as a vote of no confidence in light of certain moderating decisions......

If my old man is hanging around I’ll make sure he pings me a picture of the trophy. Cheers Marko.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:26 am

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 pm
Cheers mate. Personally thought I had the 5 points inthe bag this week and that would have seen me over the line. Even with my non submissions for the remainder haha. I entered this for 2 reasons,
1) I didn’t take part last season (until jan) and thought it was total BS when I saw certain people submitting 3 or 4 entries to try and win. I wasn’t going to let them win when it was a level playing field. Achieved (and never in doubt).
2) I actually enjoy the humour, every Saturday I have a good laugh reading most of the entries and wanted to have a good chuckle. Partly achieved.

I think I will make myself a one season wonder and bow out on a high. I’ve persevered with this season to obtain objective 1 and not to let down the head to head in the prediction league. However as both are now concluded I’ve asked to have my account de activated (turns out you can’t do it yourself) as a vote of no confidence in light of certain moderating decisions......

If my old man is hanging around I’ll make sure he pings me a picture of the trophy. Cheers Marko.
That part in bold and underlined is what will be greatly missed if you Jack it in. I venture onto a few forums during my spare time and each one have a few characters that have confidence in a non threatening and highly entertaining way and you’re one of them. In my best Scottish accent, yer a credit tae yer auld man! 👍
Stay safe pal and keep on doing an awesome job.

Think I’ll have a go at that caption:

Man furthest right on pic, centre, distracting Mevans: “Everything is closing. No more shop. Pies have finished. Bakery closing down.”
Woman behind Mevans (thinking): keep on distracting him...... this wallet...... is nearly out....